The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
So, basically, the writer and director were too cynical in their approach to Superman. He has to constantly show an immense amount of restraint due to his abilities, he was raised in a good family and he doesn't like to murder people. He's an overgrown boy scout. Can't we just leave it at that?

we mustn't put emphasis on his super heroic feats or how he inspires humanity.

instead he must be portrayed as an imperfect demigod we can't fully trust.

you know, superman.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
That shyt is low key funny to me. Most people have an aversion to killing, that shyt doesn't need to be explained. Supes isn't out here playing judge, jury and executioner, he just protects the world from imminent threats and lets humanity take care of itself.
No most people don't stop it breh. You give humanity too much credit.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm pretty sure no buildings or property are destroyed or people are threatened/literally murdered in that first clip, breh.

Also notice how they deliberately show nobody in the streets or if it shows people none of them are in danger? Compare that context to watching thousands of people running through the streets from collapsing buildings as hundreds of people.

1. Go back and watch the fight with Zod. Superman is being thrown through most of those buildings.

2. There is a scene in Age of Ultron straight out of 9/11. Right down to the giant dust cloud as people run for their lives and that wasn't even a fight with a villain, it was Hulk and Stark :manny:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
1. Go back and watch the fight with Zod. Superman is being thrown through most of those buildings.

2. There is a scene in Age of Ultron straight out of 9/11. Right down to the giant dust cloud as people run for their lives and that wasn't even a fight with a villain, it was Hulk and Stark :manny:

1. I've brought it up hundreds of time but Supes starts the Smallville fight by taking Zod from his farm (leaving his mom and I think Lois defenseless against the other Kryptonians) to fly him through the fields and punch him into a gas station in the heart of Smallvile. That's all kinds of reckless endangerment.

2. Don't bring up AoU as if there aren't tons of examples in every action scene of the Avengers doing their best to ensure the safety of the citizens and minimize collateral damage as far as the situation allows them.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
2. Don't bring up AoU as if there aren't tons of examples in every action scene of the Avengers doing their best to ensure the safety of the citizens and minimize collateral damage as far as the situation allows them.

:rudy: They didn't minimize shyt. Stark ran right up to Hulk and they collided and broken fukking glass rained down on people inside a nearby restaurant. We actually SEE THAT on screen. We SEE buildings collapsing and civilians running. We SEE the giant dust clouds, the 9/11 imagery. Don't try to explain it away because you can't. I've seen Age of Ultron twice now. I don't even care that it happened because I thought the movie was alright but don't try to convince people otherwise. When they watch Age of Ultron they will see that you are full of shyt.

Superman was going around saving people the whole movie whether it was the bus full of kids about the drown or all the guys on the oil tanker, etc. And he did it because he felt he should use his power for good. He saved the whole world at the end. He saved billions of lives.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:rudy: They didn't minimize shyt. Stark ran right up to Hulk and they collided and broken fukking glass rained down on people inside a nearby restaurant. We actually SEE THAT on screen.

Superman was going around saving people the whole movie whether it was the bus full of kids about the drown or all the guys on the oil tanker, etc. And he did it because he felt he should use his power for good. He saved the whole world at the end. He saved billions of lives.

Yeah, Stark should've just let a rampaging Hulk run wild in a city, breh. Like I've said about the Supes/Zod fight, you can't expect there not to be collateral damage, but there's such a thing as trying to minimize it. AoU constantly showcased this. One of Stark's first concerns against the Hulk was containing him, and when that failed, he tried to move him away from the city, which also failed, and even then as he fought him he did what he could to protect the people. In fact, one of the weirdest things about MoS is how they never used Supes' concern for the citizens' lives to give Zod an upper hand in the fight. That's like Storytelling 101, the hero is more vulnerable because of his concern to protect the innocent, which the villain is all too willing to exploit. They sorta try to go for that in the final moments when Zod threatens to kill that family, except of course they just poorly execute it and it falls completely flat.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
:rudy: They didn't minimize shyt. Stark ran right up to Hulk and they collided and broken fukking glass rained down on people inside a nearby restaurant. We actually SEE THAT on screen. We SEE buildings collapsing and civilians running. We SEE the giant dust clouds, the 9/11 imagery. Don't try to explain it away because you can't. I've seen Age of Ultron twice now. I don't even care that it happened because I thought the movie was alright but don't try to convince people otherwise. When they watch Age of Ultron they will see that you are full of shyt.

shyt is such a double standard

But none of these dudes know shyt about the characters they're watching anyway

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah, Stark should've just let a rampaging Hulk run wild in a city, breh. Like I've said about the Supes/Zod fight, you can't expect there not to be collateral damage, but there's such a thing as trying to minimize it. AoU constantly showcased this. One of Stark's first concerns against the Hulk was containing him, and when that failed, he tried to move him away from the city, which also failed, and even then as he fought him he did what he could to protect the people. In fact, one of the weirdest things about MoS is how they never used Supes' concern for the citizens' lives to give Zod an upper hand in the fight. That's like Storytelling 101, the hero is more vulnerable because of his concern to protect the innocent, which the villain is all too willing to exploit. They sorta try to go for that in the final moments when Zod threatens to kill that family, except of course they just poorly execute it and it falls completely flat.

superman isn't given a motivation, period. he is the same person at the end of it he was at he beginning, an innately good person that isn't above using his powers to help others. we do not know how he came to be this way because his earth father preached the opposite his entire life. we do not know why he has such undying compassion for the human race because ever since he was a kid he has felt like a giant outcast. none of these qualities are ever given any subtext, he just is who he is. he wants to protect the humans, because he just does. he wants to feel something special with lois lane, because he just does. he wants to be superman, because he just does... and because his father told him to. we never experience the movie from his point of view. we never get to feel the weight or burden behind any of his decisions. the plot just whisks him along. he is still a relative stranger by the end. we don't even have a semblance of a personality or a character.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
One movie had a squad of brehs and brehettes that have actually fought in wars (human or otherwise) and are adapt at dealing with damn near any situation. The other has one dude who has never thrown hands in his entire life, and yet, he is supposed to be able to fight off a bunch of beings that were giving him the beats, and save everyone. :laugh: It never made any sense when people bring it up. I guess it would have been nice to have a shot of him trying to grab someone and getting duffed in the face. :heh:

Clark was so lucky in MOS.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
One movie had a squad of brehs and brehettes that have actually fought in wars (human or otherwise) and are adapt at dealing with damn near any situation. The other has one dude who has never thrown hands in his entire life, and yet, he is supposed to be able to fight off a bunch of beings that were giving him the beats, and save everyone. :laugh: It never made any sense when people bring it up. I guess it would have been nice to have a shot of him trying to grab someone and getting duffed in the face. :heh:

Clark was so lucky in MOS.
When it comes to common sense nikkas throw it out the w8ndow for M.O.S

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

see AoU twice, while simultaneously hating marvel, and also somehow missing the various moments throughout the film where they make concerted efforts to save civilians, brehs

off top i automatically remember this at 3:50

please stop :dead:

:dead: at he saved the world at the end. so the avengers saved the world twice then. or wait, i thought they just had generic non threatening villains with no real consequence :dead:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
nikka you are full of shyt I have tried not to bring Marvel into this shyt bc it's a separate universe. But how you going to compare tony who has a contengency plan for the Hulk to a wet out of bed sup who never been in a fight in his life. Second I seen A.O.U twice and besides rehashing the same mind control plot on the Hulk twice.Tony went to Town on the Hulk in South Africa with little regard to civilian casualty while they sent the whole final act saving civilian life of which the movie barely address besides a thow away scene at Hawkeye hiuse. Third how do you compare that generic ass Villain Ultron who had an army of nikkas but didn't take any civilian life because he was busy fighting the Avengers to Zod whose sole mission in the final act was to take Human life because that was his only way of getting revenge 9n superman. you purposely being disingenous bease you dont lIke goyer and snyder for what ever reason. Might as well say you like Marvel movies better and willing to overlook their flaws because all Marvel movies besides Iron man 1 have glaring flaws that nikkas look overlook because they appreciate the movies for what they are.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Why is there still discussions about Clarks/Supermans fighting skills in here?:mjlol:

And if it's really that much of an issue are yall judging the Reeves Superman on he same scale?

I mean that Super was practically a nerd, never been in a fight, went to college then got a job as a geek at newspaper company.

His first crisis was against volcanos and spinning the earth in reverse.

When he later fought 3 warrior kryptonians he later killed 2 of the 3 heartlessly in cold blood.

Oh yea mind you, when he lost his powers he got beat up by a trucker bum but again..... With powers he can take on 3 Kryptonians???

But all that gets a pass right?:lolbron:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
superman isn't given a motivation, period. he is the same person at the end of it he was at he beginning, an innately good person that isn't above using his powers to help others. we do not know how he came to be this way because his earth father preached the opposite his entire life. we do not know why he has such undying compassion for the human race because ever since he was a kid he has felt like a giant outcast. none of these qualities are ever given any subtext, he just is who he is. he wants to protect the humans, because he just does. he wants to feel something special with lois lane, because he just does. he wants to be superman, because he just does... and because his father told him to. we never experience the movie from his point of view. we never get to feel the weight or burden behind any of his decisions. the plot just whisks him along. he is still a relative stranger by the end. we don't even have a semblance of a personality or a character.
the one thing about MOS that always makes me laugh is this scene :deadrose:

so i guess my view of his personality is its passive aggressive as shyt :yeshrug:

and how did no one hear him demolish a truck :mindblown:

but i guess thats where the super in superman comes from :gladbron: