The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
actually i don't think superman would be above killing zod in that spot. assuming there were no other alternatives and human lives were at stake? absolutely.

but he wouldn't agonize over it.
Why wouldn't he agonize over it? The man is not a trained killer. Until the day before he had never hurt a soul a day in his life. Why would he not feel remorse over taking a life.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Why wouldn't he agonize over it? The man is not a trained killer. Until the day before he had never hurt a soul a day in his life. Why would he not feel remorse over taking a life.
If you saw a dog about to attack a bunch of kids, would you feel bad about putting it down?

it's not something you'd be proud of but there's really nothing to agonize over. Zod forced his hand. If killing him meant protecting innocent lives and there was no other alternative at the time, I think supes puts him down every time.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you saw a dog about to attack a bunch of kids, would you feel bad about putting it down?

it's not something you'd be proud of but there's really nothing to agonize over. Zod forced his hand. If killing him meant protecting innocent lives and there was no other alternative at the time, I think supes puts him down every time.

Only reason I believe he'd agonize over it is because he always feels there should be a better way and it's not something he wants to do but will do it if necessary.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Only reason I believe he'd agonize over it is because he always feels there should be a better way and it's not something he wants to do but will do it if necessary.
lol but he seemed more upset over killing Zod than the deaths of thousands in metropolis.

there was no other way. Zod had to go, point blank. it is the equivalent of killing in self defense. letting those innocent die wouldn't be an option for superman

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
lol but he seemed more upset over killing Zod than the deaths of thousands in metropolis.

there was no other way. Zod had to go, point blank. it is the equivalent of killing in self defense. letting those innocent die wouldn't be an option for superman

Breh, I'm not disagreeing with you that it had to be done..I'm not disagreeing with you that he had no other choice and that he clearly did the right thing given the situation, I'm just saying that I believe it'd fukk with him a bit. Whether it's for 5 minutes or 5 days, it would bug him because he had to do something he didn't want to do. Just because it's the right thing to do doesn't mean it won't mess with a person for having to do it.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Breh, I'm not disagreeing with you that it had to be done..I'm not disagreeing with you that he had no other choice and that he clearly did the right thing given the situation, I'm just saying that I believe it'd fukk with him a bit. Whether it's for 5 minutes or 5 days, it would bug him because he had to do something he didn't want to do. Just because it's the right thing to do doesn't mean it won't mess with a person for having to do it.
Actually you know what? The more that I think about it? Nah, superman don't kill Zod there. I'm more inclined to believe that he powers up and beats the shyt out of him, incapacitating him.

He would have found a way to stop him.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

Well that's bc those metropolis death did not have a face to them and he could easily blame those on Zod as part 9f colateral dam age in stopping him. But Zod's death was directly at his hand. He could attach a face to that death. One that could haunt him in his dream a constant reminder that he had to make the ultimate choice in taking a life.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The destructive, carnage filled, General Zod-neck snapping finale of "Man Of Steel" rubbed many people the wrong the way. Comics writer Mark Waid (of “Superman: Birthright” fame) hated it, and even Christopher Nolan, who produced the film, had to be convinced it would work. However, director Zack Snyder has long defended his decision to take Superman down a more violent road than fans have long been used to from the hero who largely isn't associated with causing collateral damage.

“In the original version of the script, Zod just got zapped into the Phantom Zone,” Snyder explained in 2013. “But [screenwriter] David [S. Goyer], Chris and I had long talks about it, and I said that I really feel like we should kill Zod, and that Superman should kill him. The 'Why?' of it for me was that if was truly an origin story, his aversion to killing is unexplained… I wanted to create a scenario where Superman, either he's going to see [Metropolis' citizens] chopped in half, or he's gotta do what he's gotta do.”

Goyer also provided rationale for the ending later that same year. "This is one area, and I've written comic books as well and this is where I disagree with some of my fellow comic book writers—'Superman doesn't kill.' It's a rule that exists outside of the narrative and I just don't believe in rules like that. I believe when you're writing film or television, you can't rely on a crutch or rule that exists outside of the narrative of the film," he explained. "So the situation was, Zod says 'I'm not going to stop until you kill me or I kill you.' The reality is no prison on the planet could hold him and in our film Superman can't fly to the moon, and we didn't want to come up with that crutch."

And with "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" on the horizon, Snyder again explains why "Man Of Steel" needed such intensity in its conclusion. “I was surprised because that’s the thesis of Superman for me, that you can’t just have superheroes knock around and have there be no consequences,” he told EW. The director also added: “There are other superhero movies where they joke about how basically no one’s getting hurt. That’s not us. What is that message? That’s it’s okay that there’s this massive destruction with zero consequence for anyone?"

However, the most interesting nugget on all this comes from Ben Affleck, who reveals that Batman perhaps has a good reason to have a bone to pick with Superman in the forthcoming sequel. “One of the things I liked was Zack’s idea of showing accountability and the consequences of violence and seeing that there are real people in those buildings,” he said. “And in fact, one of those buildings was Bruce Wayne’s building so he knew people who died in that Black Zero event.”

Daps
Reppin
NYC
“In the original version of the script, Zod just got zapped into the Phantom Zone,” Snyder explained in 2013. “But [screenwriter] David [S. Goyer], Chris and I had long talks about it, and I said that I really feel like we should kill Zod, and that Superman should kill him. The 'Why?' of it for me was that if was truly an origin story, his aversion to killing is unexplained… I wanted to create a scenario where Superman, either he's going to see [Metropolis' citizens] chopped in half, or he's gotta do what he's gotta do.”

:snoop:

it doesn't need to be explained.

get these guys off the movie, please.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:snoop:

it doesn't need to be explained.

get these guys off the movie, please.

That shyt is low key funny to me. Most people have an aversion to killing, that shyt doesn't need to be explained. Supes isn't out here playing judge, jury and executioner, he just protects the world from imminent threats and lets humanity take care of itself.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the original version of the script, Zod just got zapped into the Phantom Zone,” Snyder explained in 2013. “But [screenwriter] David [S. Goyer], Chris and I had long talks about it, and I said that I really feel like we should kill Zod, and that Superman should kill him. The 'Why?' of it for me was that if was truly an origin story, his aversion to killing is unexplained… I wanted to create a scenario where Superman, either he's going to see [Metropolis' citizens] chopped in half, or he's gotta do what he's gotta do.
So, basically, the writer and director were too cynical in their approach to Superman. He has to constantly show an immense amount of restraint due to his abilities, he was raised in a good family and he doesn't like to murder people. He's an overgrown boy scout. Can't we just leave it at that?