The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
but cap isn't morally conflicted. you know what he stands for right from the jump, he lays it out for fury in the helipad. "this shyt ain't right, this ain't what i signed up for". his position doesn't change the entire movie.

cap is the moral compass of the story, as superman should be in his.
But there's also a reason why Cap can't work by himself and needs an ensemble. Second cap is also not near invulnerable. His struggle is that despite his ideals he is still a vulnerable human and does not have the power to impact change on the Global scale a being such as superman would with God like powers.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
lol right let's focus on the collateral damage of superman's fight with zod and NOT on the fact that he just saved the earth from an alien invasion.

we should be thankful that we got to see REAL superheroes in action when we were kids.

Well, the trailer and pictures do show people worshipping Supes like a God so it will focus on both those aspects, but the Jesus allegories were bad enough in Man Of Steel without actual god worship being brought into this. The only superhero worship religion I ever want to see is the Universal Church Of Truth, and maybe, just maybe, the Church of Hala.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
actually i'm not really sure what MOS re-enforces about superman at all. that he doesn't like to kill? do we really need to be told that? was that supposed to be like the defining moment for this character? do we need to sit through 2 and a half hours to we can learn at the end that superman doesn't like to kill?
I don't think the movie's point was to show us whether Superman doesn't kill though.
The movie was about Clark Kent's journey of discovery to find out who he is and choose between humanity of his alien brethren. The killing of Zod was just an element of Clark's ultimate choice to side with humans.
And cool fight scenes.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Hitman was an awesome book. That and Preacher had cemented Ennis as "Gawdlike" when it came to comics writers for me and that was before he came out with The Boys.

I was very disappointed with how The Boys fell off halfway through. Especially disappointed with how it ended. Issue 21 (that's the 9/11 plane 'rescue' issue) is one of my favorite comic issues of all time though.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
No it didn't inspire me lol it didn't make me feel anything. I'm already an idealistic fool, so it didn't do anything for me really. I'm grown breh and already an idealistic fool

well what can i say then, it was meant to inspire you. that's what these characters are here to do.

when they said "you'll believe a man can fly"... they weren't just talking about the special effects.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
well what can i say then, it was meant to inspire you. that's what these characters are here to do.

when they said "you'll believe a man can fly"... they weren't just talking about the special effects.

Yes breh but I'm also a grown ass man so it won't have the same effect every time. Sometimes something will get me and inspire me, other times it won't. Cap has never inspired me to be honest, spider man has and superman has but not cap. So while yes I'm a grown ass man, it can still hit me every now and then but it didn't do it with winter soldier. I love Cap, love him as a character and love the two movies but he's never been the guy to make me stand up and be inspired. not like spider man does but that's because I'm closer in personality to him and relate a whole hell of a lot more so it's all relative

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't think the movie's point was to show us whether Superman doesn't kill though.
The movie was about Clark Kent's journey of discovery to find out who he is and choose between humanity of his alien brethren. The killing of Zod was just an element of Clark's ultimate choice to side with humans.
And cool fight scenes.

what???

at what point during that movie did he ever struggle with that decision? when did he ever even CONSIDER aligning himself with the kryptonians?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was very disappointed with how The Boys fell off halfway through. Especially disappointed with how it ended. Issue 21 (that's the 9/11 plane 'rescue' issue) is one of my favorite comic issues of all time though.
The final story arc was not my favorite but I still love the book overall.
And the entire "I Tell You No Lie, G.I" story was great.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
what???

at what point during that movie did he ever struggle with that decision? when did he ever even CONSIDER aligning himself with the kryptonians?
It wasn't about aligning with them but Clark had a choice to make about whether he would help the Kryptonians or not and when he destroyed the codec and effectively ended any hope of the Kryptonian race being restored he made a choice to side with Earth and humanity.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I'm curious on how most of you cats would handle Superman stopping a being equal to himself in every way? Probably use the Phantom Zone to trap him like every cliche :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It wasn't about aligning with them but Clark had a choice to make about whether he would help the Kryptonians or not and when he destroyed the codec and effectively ended any hope of the Kryptonian race being restored he made a choice to side with Earth and humanity.

he makes these choices easily though. there's no conflict at all.

where was the conflict?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm curious on how most of you cats would handle Superman stopping a being equal to himself in every way? Probably use the Phantom Zone to trap him like every cliche :mjlol:

actually i don't think superman would be above killing zod in that spot. assuming there were no other alternatives and human lives were at stake? absolutely.

but he wouldn't agonize over it.