The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Enlighten us pls. I don't read the comics

In TDK, the story begins with a much older Batman. Dude is in his mid/late 50's, and had given up crime fighting altogether. Then, some dudes try to mug him, he takes a look in the mirror (after deciding not to beat their faces in), and disgusted at what he sees, he puts the mask back on. But he's way older, the world is a much different, much more superhero-intolerent place, and all he'll breaks loose when Batman starts Batman'n muphukkas. And also, because he's way past his prime, he has to get way more physical to subdue the big threats.

He also dona a suit of bat-armor and goes 1-on-1 with superman, who's brought in by the government to take bats down. Plugs the powerline for the suit into the street lamp where his parents were murked in crime alley. Also has green arrow for backup, who shoots Clark in the face with a Kryptonite arrow.

Pretty epic stuff breh. I don't think affleck will be as old in this movie. But the fact they're going into the Feank Miller mythos, even if Bruce is 40 instead of 60, is pretty damn special.

If they do it right... this could be one for the books. :blessed:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This looks amazing and it's the best suit yet.

Surprised you guys didn't like the TDK and TDKR looks though. Looked really badass to me.

My only criticism of the tdk trilogy is batman could have had more of a detective touch and a more hands on approach to his gadget making. I accepted that this wouldn't have worked as well as I would have wanted in Nolan's universe. He did fix the ejection seat on the batplane at the end though and built that machine that can track phone signals to find The Joker.

What they nailed perfectly IMO is the ideology and what it truly means to Don the cowl. Some of those quotes were so epic and spiritually nourishing. Gets me pumped. shyt be making a nikka wanna be a better man and shyt.

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do.... that defines me" :damn:

"As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored, I can be destroyed; but as a symbol... as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting."

^ I be reciting that one during my military presses and squats and it be powering me through on some motivational shyt :banderas:

"Rachel: Who are you?

Batman: Someone like you. Someone who'll rattle the cages." :gladbron:

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I can do those things. Because I'm not a hero, not like Dent. I killed those people. That's what I can be." :sadbron:

"What were you trying to prove? That deep down, everyone's as ugly as you? You're alone!" Joker caught that ether

"Catwoman: Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe these people any more. You've given them everything.

Batman: Not everything. Not yet." I thought my boy Brucey Bruce was done for ya'll :sadcam:

"Tell me where the trigger is. Then... you have my permission to die!" He tried to give Bane the ether but Talia came through with the stab stab. She wasn't having it.

Last edited:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
\
Exactly what was said...

I think the closest we got to how Batman is suppose to be on film was the Keaton Batman.

The Nolan movies were good story wise, but was that your ideal Batman?

- The Bruce Wayne character was too soft
- Batman was barely a detective
- his fighting sucked (but maybe I'll place more of that blame on how the fight scenes were filmed)
- the change of voice under the armored cowl was a hit or miss
- he "accidently" killed somebody... c'mon now.... Batman is always 2 steps ahead strategy wise and should've known the fall would've killed Dent

I like all 3 Nolan films for what they are but in my opinion, the Batman character can be done better.

some of these complaints are dumb, i bet you havent watched the burton movies recently. cause in batman returns he straight up murders the penguins goons, premeditated. and there's very little detective work in either of the first two batman movies

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
they wasted too much time In the man of steel instead of setting up the universe, probably because they weren't even playing on it

If they were smart they would use the Arrow show and The Flash joint debuting soon to help start building.

I'm going to be a special kind of pissed if they don't let Stephen Amell bring his tv arrow to the big screen in justice league.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This looks amazing and it's the best suit yet.

Surprised you guys didn't like the TDK and TDKR looks though. Looked really badass to me.

My only criticism of the tdk trilogy is batman could have had more of a detective touch and a more hands on approach to his gadget making. I accepted that this wouldn't have worked as well as I would have wanted in Nolan's universe. He did fix the ejection seat on the batplane at the end though and built that machine that can track phone signals to find The Joker.

What they nailed perfectly IMO is the ideology and what it truly means to Don the cowl. Some of those quotes were so epic and spiritually nourishing. Gets me pumped. shyt be making a nikka wanna be a better man and shyt.

"It's not what I am underneath, but what I do.... that defines me" :damn:

"As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored, I can be destroyed; but as a symbol... as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting."

^ I be reciting that one during my military presses and squats and it be powering me through on some motivational shyt :banderas:

"Rachel: Who are you?

Batman: Someone like you. Someone who'll rattle the cages." :gladbron:

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I can do those things. Because I'm not a hero, not like Dent. I killed those people. That's what I can be." :sadbron:

"What were you trying to prove? That deep down, everyone's as ugly as you? You're alone!" Joker caught that ether

"Catwoman: Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe these people any more. You've given them everything.

Batman: Not everything. Not yet." I thought my boy Brucey Bruce was done for ya'll :sadcam:

"Tell me where the trigger is. Then... you have my permission to die!" He tried to give Bane the ether but Talia came through with the stab stab. She wasn't having it.

But it makes sense. He was so old. He didn't have time to solve the crime. Get to the root of the problem and solve it. At the core, that's Batman. And when the limbs stop doing what you tell em to, WHEN you tell em to. You improvise.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
\

some of these complaints are dumb, i bet you havent watched the burton movies recently. cause in batman returns he straight up murders the penguins goons, premeditated. and there's very little detective work in either of the first two batman movies

He was murdering people in the first burton batman. It's kind of... Daredevil-ish how little regard he holds for human life. But hey, if that's ur fave depiction.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
\

There's not much detective work in any of the Batman films to be honest... I mentioned that in my list because for the first realistic take on Batman, its strange that they didn't exploit his detective skills. Alfred seemed like the real detective.. he understood Joker and learned about Bane without Bruce even attempting to.

I think Keaton was the most believable Batman. I'm not saying that Burton's movies were better than Nolan's though. Nolan had better overall stories, but I feel his Batman was lacking.

I'm not complaining... long story short is that despite the criticism of everyone including myself of Affleck being casted, I really feel like they're gonna nail the image I have in my head of Batman which is a dark character who rarely shows emotions, is the world's greatest detective, has top notch combat skills, outsmarts muhf*ckas and somehow always wins because "he's Batman."

He was murdering people in the first burton batman. It's kind of... Daredevil-ish how little regard he holds for human life. But hey, if that's ur fave depiction.

That's literally the only thing Burton got wrong in regards to Batman himself. I can't see the Batman I grew up on letting a guy who claims he saw him in person and just "knew" he was Batman take over the cowl without even properly training him and moving to Paris with a chick.... matter fact, moving out of Gotham period because he's too attached to it.

Last edited:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Exactly what was said...

I think the closest we got to how Batman is suppose to be on film was the Keaton Batman.

The Nolan movies were good story wise, but was that your ideal Batman?

- The Bruce Wayne character was too soft
- Batman was barely a detective
- his fighting sucked (but maybe I'll place more of that blame on how the fight scenes were filmed)
- the change of voice under the armored cowl was a hit or miss
- he "accidently" killed somebody... c'mon now.... Batman is always 2 steps ahead strategy wise and should've known the fall would've killed Dent

I like all 3 Nolan films for what they are but in my opinion, the Batman character can be done better.
Not to mention he quit being batman TWICE! :laugh:

Dude quit for like 8 years in that storyline...in his fukking prime:camby:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
One thing I didn't like about Nolan's trilogy was how much emphasis Nolan put on the "no killing" rule, yet he blows op Ra's Al-Ghul's castle full of prisoners (those same prisoners he told Ra's he refused to kill), lets Ra's fall to his death saying that just because he won't kill people it doesn't mean he has to save people (although comic book Batman definitely would try to save every person, good or bad), and he pushes Harvey Dent to his death (accidental or not). So all that talk about no killing is basically just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.