The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But he still looks :flabbynsick:

And Ben Affleck is one of those actors that no matter what role he plays, he's still playing himself. So it's hard to take seriously. Plus he's in his 40's :snoop:
do you not know they are doing a older batman ??? And Ben affleck is a good enough actor to play batman . You guys are just hating at this point . He's done nothing but good stuff directing and acting for almost 10 years since he played superman in hollywoodland

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
has he ever done a role where he radically altered his speaking pattern or accent? Both distinctive traits of the actor, just asking :mjpls:
He's done movies with a very strong Boston accent and he's done movies with a generic accent so to speak . But what does that have to do with not being a good actor ?? He's been in comedies and dramas and can do them both , very well. I guess to you Christopher waltz is a terrible actor due to his accent he mainly uses .

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We have more evidence that affleck is a good actor and all around talented person than not . Yet your acting like he's trash :dwillhuh: are you stuck in a time warp ? People complained about Chris Evans being cast as cap saying he wouldn't be a good fit too . Or for years people only wanted to make fun of Matthew mcconaughey

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
He's done movies with a very strong Boston accent and he's done movies with a generic accent so to speak . But what does that have to do with not being a good actor ?? He's been in comedies and dramas and can do them both , very well. I guess to you Christopher waltz is a terrible actor due to his accent he mainly uses .
If waltz had to play Bruce Wayne and he had that accent with that voice I would call it for what it was same way I am with affleck :camby:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If waltz had to play Bruce Wayne and he had that accent with that voice I would call it for what it was same way I am with affleck :camby:
You haven't even heard him talking in the movie :snoop: and batman is a fukking fictional character he has no voice . Your acting like Ben always has some crazy Boston accent in every movie , he doesn't and your acting like batman is a real person . So why can't I say oh Hawkeye sounds all wrong or captain America and ultron . That's right because they are fictional characters

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
You haven't even heard him talking in the movie :snoop: and batman is a fukking fictional character he has no voice . Your acting like Ben always has some crazy Boston accent in every movie , he doesn't and your acting like batman is a real person . So why can't I say oh Hawkeye sounds all wrong or captain America and ultron . That's right because they are fictional characters
maybe one can't say that about hawkeye nor cap because they aren't icons in pop culture like batman is? :heh: who has played those characters to legendary success in any platform whether be live action or animation? don't be silly. We all have our interpretation of what bats/Bruce should be and sound like from when we read the pages. The same way any reader does with adaptation so :camby: on all that he's just a fictional character malarkey.

Point is Keaton nailed it, the cartoon captured it and Kilmer was adequate doing it. I have reservations on Affleck same way I had reservations on Clooney, bale and Benjamin mckenzie :scust:and true to form they all proved to be misfires:francis:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe one can't say that about hawkeye nor cap because they aren't icons in pop culture like batman is? :heh: who has played those characters to legendary success in any platform whether be live action or animation? don't be silly. We all have our interpretation of what bats/Bruce should be and sound like from when we read the pages. The same way any reader does with adaptation so :camby: on all that he's just a fictional character malarkey.

Point is Keaton nailed it, the cartoon captured it and Kilmer was adequate doing it. I have reservations on Affleck same way I had reservations on Clooney, bale and Benjamin mckenzie :scust:and true to form they all proved to be misfires:francis:
Benjamin Mckenzie? He doesn't play batman :dwillhuh:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
So now we're complaining that they hired an actor in his forties to play a character in his forties?
Paul Rudd is in his 40s if he was cast as Bruce Wayne/batman would you buy that too? :mjpls: given what we know of Affleck being :patrice: about his casting is natural. What is unnatural is the gushing and pant creaming over what good casting it is

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Wait are you a studio executive? Bale a misfire :snoop: they should ban you from thread . And yes cap has been in many cartoons and video games . Also the same logic you applied by saying in your head it should sound like this , anyone else can say batman sounded off or captain America or Hawkeye. Your arguing your personal taste as being The only way batman can sound . Also Liam neesons American accent is shyt but he still is a respected actor and it doesn't affect the believability of his roles . Batman generally has a menacing voice while Bruce is either faking as a billionaire playboy or his real voice . Your trying to hard to hate in either case so :camby:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Paul Rudd is in his 40s if he was cast as Bruce Wayne/batman would you buy that too? :mjpls: given what we know of Affleck being :patrice: about his casting is natural. What is unnatural is the gushing and pant creaming over what good casting it is
He's playing a older character , why would I have a problem with a actual older man playing him? In the actual dark knight returns batman is 50 or older . Your just trying to hard. Also what do you know about affleck that makes his casting suspect ?? He's coming off a creative hot streak when he got cast . Have you seen any of his movies

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Wait are you a studio executive? Bale a misfire :snoop: they should ban you from thread . And yes cap has been in many cartoons and video games . Also the same logic you applied by saying in your head it should sound like this , anyone else can say batman sounded off or captain America or Hawkeye. Your arguing your personal taste as being The only way batman can sound . Also Liam neesons American accent is shyt but he still is a respected actor and it doesn't affect the believability of his roles . Batman generally has a menacing voice while Bruce is either faking as a billionaire playboy or his real voice . Your trying to hard to hate in either case so :camby:
I am not going to labour this much after this your post, your arguement seems redundant but I will pick out some points,. Yes bale was a misfire (own goal with the bats). Improve your reading on the cap/hawkeye portrayals, if they were played to legendary success what are the names of the actors responsible? Liam neeson is a 6'4 actor with a towering presence and deep cadence to his voice he can do what he likes and an Irish accent with an American tilt is more than enough to get by which he does...

You say batman has to be menacing yes? So how exactly can affleck pull that off with his voice? It's going to be kinda pathetic if we hear his "do u bleed" voice every time he's bats just to hide the fact he doesn't have it. And like I said from the beginning when he's Wayne ppl will just see Affleck, why? Because he has a distinctive voice :francis:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
He's playing a older character , why would I have a problem with a actual older man playing him? In the actual dark knight returns batman is 50 or older . Your just trying to hard. Also what do you know about affleck that makes his casting suspect ?? He's coming off a creative hot streak when he got cast . Have you seen any of his movies
my problem with Affleck isn't that hes the guy that once did Gigli amongst other gems. My problem Is the same I had with Clooney only it's worse because at least Clooney would be able to pull off a grizzly veteran with that voice. Affleck is kind of soft spoken and is well Affleck