The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aight, after reading through some posts i think some of yall got 'dark' and serious mixed up.....MoS isnt dark at all and they didnt do anything dark in it....also, the only thing it has in common with nolan's films is it's a more serious tone compared to the other supe movies....which is cool, cause DC comics have a more serious tone than what was shown in the other supe movies, so they being more true to the comics.......

side note: i hate to break to a lot of yall but those nolan films arent 'dark'....the fact yall think so shows yall really dont know shyt about bats....those films were a lil closer to the real bats, but it was still light compared to how dark his books really get....seriously, the joker beat a teenager to death with a crowbar, and they showed it in the comic....think about that for a sec...but just cause the movies some some scenes at night, it's raining, in an alley, etc. yall think it's 'dark'....come on lol....

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
aight, after reading through some posts i think some of yall got 'dark' and serious mixed up.....MoS isnt dark at all and they didnt do anything dark in it....also, the only thing it has in common with nolan's films is it's a more serious tone compared to the other supe movies....which is cool, cause DC comics have a more serious tone than what was shown in the other supe movies, so they being more true to the comics.......

side note: i hate to break to a lot of yall but those nolan films arent 'dark'....the fact yall think so shows yall really dont know shyt about bats....those films were a lil closer to the real bats, but it was still light compared to how dark his books really get....seriously, the joker beat a teenager to death with a crowbar, and they showed it in the comic....think about that for a sec...but just cause the movies some some scenes at night, it's raining, in an alley, etc. yall think it's 'dark'....come on lol....
I agree with everything but the part about Nolans movies being like the real bats. His franchise to me was the equivalent of banging a chick from behind cuz u don't want to see her face

Daps
Reppin
NYC
uh... guys?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=118996

The following video comes courtesy of Bleacher Report, the sports site that teamed up with the Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour Hollywood to take NBA star and huge Batman fan DeAndre Jordan to see the new costumes and Batmobile which will soon go on display. As a result, we not only get a detailed look at that iconic vehicle, but also the costumes which will be worn by Ben Affleck (Batman), Henry Cavill (Superman), and Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman). A lot of interesting new details are revealed about the Batsuit, while Wonder Woman's costume is a little more colourful than originally thought. There also appears to be some new concept art behind the suits...

sZeSWC4.gif

CDCm5aPW4AAVTv5.png

:banderas:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You do,know,X-Men were created with the black civil right subtext and not the gay one right. And that Magneto and Xavier were suppose to be MLK and Malcom X. That pretty common knowledge.

Movie X-MEN are allegories for gay people, that's how Byran Singer has done it in his films. That's probably what he's referring to.

damaddwebba

Lurker
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I thought MOS was pretty realistic, gritty while staying fun but I'm not sure if this Bats vs Sups is too soon. We haven't really seen Clark become superman at the end of the MOS he is apparently back in hiding while being hunted by the government. Maybe it will come together in the movie but why is Batman even hunting superman and looking at the damaged he took and gave fighting 3 super beings with military background why wouldn't he make short work of batman regardless of what type of armor he has on.

In the cartoon there was an established history between the 2 and was the sole reason Clark didn't just crush Batman's skull or take his arms like he did to the Arrow, is he holding back now because of his fight with Zod or will they be introducing kryptonite in this film?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with everything but the part about Nolans movies being like the real bats. His franchise to me was the equivalent of banging a chick from behind cuz u don't want to see her face

lol....didnt say it was the real one, just it was a lil closer...at least compared to the last offerings of bats....

to me, the closest bats we've gotten was michael keaton's bats....he was the truest to the character and burton was close as hell to showcasing the darkness bats offers....if the studio didnt step in and boot him from the series, i think we wouldve got it cause something wrong with burton lol...

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
No they aren't. Stop spreading ridiculousness. It has always been about racism with X-Men.

Movie X-men, not comic X-men. Byran Singer has said this himself.

How is a coming out scene applicable to racism and racial discrimination? :what:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
we havent seen that cause once bruce reached a certain level, that was kinda beneath him...starting out, yea, he handled everything, but as he grew in stature, he started dealing with the big boys only, and leaving the common street criminals to robin, nightwing, batgirl, etc....we might have a chance to see it in the new movie, if they go with the 'he needs to knock the rush off' angle...

Breh the idea that any crime is beneath Bruce Wayne is not right at all

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i agree, but that's what happened....once the dc trinity formed and he really started getting it in with super powered beings, those street level guys didnt matter....he leaves them to the cops and all his side kicks....he helps out if they ask, it's something they struggling with, or someone tries him....

....another reason why supe is better, but i'm not gonna start that lol

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Nah, quite the opposite actually.

Most people are driven to crime because of poverty. Fighting low level criminals doesn't address that it just ends up looking like a billionaire beating up poor people to protect wealth.

The comics have actually shown him as Bruce Wayne using his fortune to address that whilst fighting the higher level criminals and organisations that actually turn the profit.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nah, quite the opposite actually.

Most people are driven to crime because of poverty. Fighting low level criminals doesn't address that it just ends up looking like a billionaire beating up poor people to protect wealth.

The comics have actually shown him as Bruce Wayne using his fortune to address that whilst fighting the higher level criminals and organisations that actually turn the profit.

batman is not above putting hands on a violent druggie.

bad people are bad people, rich or poor. batman don't discriminate.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
batman is not above putting hands on a violent druggie.

bad people are bad people, rich or poor. batman don't discriminate.
Bad people are bad people is a naive way of looking at anything but I'll play along.

I never said he was above it but the way we think about these things is more sophisticated now.

Batman intervening to stop a violent crime in progress is less effective than Batman stopping the drug trade that fuelled that crime which is less effective than Bruce Wayne investing into poor communities and creating jobs to make the drug trade untenable.