The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bad people are bad people is a naive way of looking at anything but I'll play along.

I never said he was above it but the way we think about these things is more sophisticated now.

Batman intervening to stop a violent crime in progress is less effective than Batman stopping the drug trade that fuelled that crime which is less effective than Bruce Wayne investing into poor communities and creating jobs to make the drug trade untenable.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/15/elderly-woman-tied-up-brother-killed-in-home-invasion/

^ a story about a trio of scumbags that robbed an old lady for $700 and killed a dude in cold blood

http://pix11.com/2015/04/07/elderly...nt-as-he-carried-groceries-into-his-building/

^ a story about an eldery man robbed at gunpoint

http://kron4.com/2015/04/02/vicious...f-homeless-man-san-francisco-caught-on-video/

^ a story about a dude that attacked a random homeless man with a lead pipe and left in critical condition.

if only these low life scumbags had more wealth and more opportunity... :comeon:

don't tell me these aren't the type of ppl batman would put his hands on.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
http://nypost.com/2014/10/15/elderly-woman-tied-up-brother-killed-in-home-invasion/

^ a story about a trio of scumbags that robbed an old lady for $700 and killed a dude in cold blood

http://pix11.com/2015/04/07/elderly...nt-as-he-carried-groceries-into-his-building/

^ a story about an eldery man robbed at gunpoint

http://kron4.com/2015/04/02/vicious...f-homeless-man-san-francisco-caught-on-video/

^ a story about a dude that attacked a random homeless man with a lead pipe and left in critical condition.

if only these low life scumbags had more wealth and more opportunity... :comeon:

don't tell me these aren't the type of ppl batman would put his hands on.
Why would I want to see Batman beat up random jobbers when he has arguably the most interesting rogues gallery in comics?:dahell:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
http://comicbook.com/2015/04/20/batman-v-superman-imax-trailer-event-description/

Tonight, there is an IMAX event where the trailer for Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justicewill be shown. Based on event details, we know that the event will run about 15 minutes and will include a showing of the already released trailer with some additional footage. We also know the event will include a message from director Zack Snyder. According to an anonymous source, here’s what will happen at the event.

"The event starts off with Zack Snyder thanking fans and telling them not to record the trailer about to be shown. Then the trailer plays and is pretty much the same exact trailer until the end. The IMAX display does the trailer wonders, making it an experience YouTube could never deliver.

The end is where the added footage is seen, after the logo at the very end. The scene starts with a close up of Superman running, then running through something before we get a wide view and you see Batman, charging towards Superman in his armor suit. Batman is charging with his arms out and Superman with a huge fist like in the comics. Just as they are about to clash it cuts and then the Batman V. Superman title comes out.

The scene lasts for a good 5-6 seconds and it's over. Then Snyder is back, this time telling us to pay attention to the beautiful IMAX shots 'Do you bleed' and charging scenes. Snyder goes on to tell fans that the charging scene is an IMAX exclusive and will NOT be released publicly."

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Idk why people are afraid to admit that Bale/Nolan's Batman was trash. His Bruce Wayne was good but his Batman sucked…..

The voice
Him being outsmarted on a number of occasions
Horrible hand to hand combat (Breh was fighting like a boxer :snoop:)
Weak ass prep time

And this is the guy some of y'all wanted to see go against MOS Supes? :heh:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would I want to see Batman beat up random jobbers when he has arguably the most interesting rogues gallery in comics?:dahell:
They should have a movie with Batman beating up everyday crooks like Blankman, that's more realistic :troll:

fukk a Joker, what guy would tailor a suit for someone with green hair and that face, they would immediately call the police, that would be realistic :troll:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC

as far as i am concerned every good batman story needs to have at least one moment showing batman handin out work to random henchmen and low level thugs. in fact if i'm not mistaken it's something we've seen it in every batman movie ever made, dating back to adam west even. there is always at least one scene involving batman beating up a gang of bad guys.

i'm just sayin that next time around, instead of swat guys and terrorist soldiers, i think it would be cool if we went back to the days of batman beating up on random thugs and holdin it down for street level crime. that's where he made his name in the first place.:salute:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah, quite the opposite actually.

Most people are driven to crime because of poverty. Fighting low level criminals doesn't address that it just ends up looking like a billionaire beating up poor people to protect wealth.

The comics have actually shown him as Bruce Wayne using his fortune to address that whilst fighting the higher level criminals and organisations that actually turn the profit.

And the comics show that he doesn't discriminate against any form of crime. There's a reason he calls himself a detective. A mugger is just as important as the joker

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
as far as i am concerned every good batman story needs to have at least one moment showing batman handin out work to random henchmen and low level thugs. in fact if i'm not mistaken it's something we've seen it in every batman movie ever made, dating back to adam west even. there is always at least one scene involving batman beating up a gang of bad guys.

i'm just sayin that next time around, instead of swat guys and terrorist soldiers, i think it would be cool if we went back to the days of batman beating up on random thugs and holdin it down for street level crime. that's where he made his name in the first place.:salute:
I feel you brother, and we got those scenes in the Nolan trilogy, but to say we need to see it in a series that is building towards a group that fights Darkseid level villains doesn't really make sense to me. In Bats solo film it'll make sense, but I don't think it's needed in a film that's having him face off against Superman. Seeing him beat up random goons won't make me take the Supes fight any more seriously:manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel you brother, and we got those scenes in the Nolan trilogy, but to say we need to see it in a series that is building towards a group that fights Darkseid level villains doesn't really make sense to me. In Bats solo film it'll make sense, but I don't think it's needed in a film that's having him face off against Superman. Seeing him beat up random goons won't make me take the Supes fight any more seriously:manny:

Thats what I said..in his solo movie, it makes sense. In this particular movie, I'd rather not see it

Daps
Reppin
Cali
btw here's just a random thought. didn't wanna make a thread cause this seems to be the defacto batman/superman movie thread.

again just a random thought... are we ever gonna get to see batman beat up on some druggies again???

last couple movies had batman fightin secret societies, terrorists, corrupt businessmen, corrupt politicians.... but are we ever gonna get to see see batman just fukk up some random dudes on the streets???

i feel like batman is at his best when he's beatin on just low level scumbags. i mean i know these days it's become "passe" for the media to potray violent drug addicts as villainous people but i think we need a good batman movie where he saves some innocent woman from a filthy dirtbag that was about to attack her, or some petty thief that invaded an innocent's person's home. batman should have time for that kinda thing too i think.

i feel like that's where batman made his bones in the first place. street level crime.

even batman 89 starts with him handin out work to those bums on the roof.
I can already see this happening in B v S as the intro. A thug corners a helpless woman and just when he's about to attack, Batman's silhouette appears! His first time out on the streets since his retirement due to
Jason Todd's death :yeshrug:
The thug catches an old school beating, the woman has no time to thank Batman, good thing Bruce Wayne is around the corner to offer the young lady some comfort:shaq:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
And the comics show that he doesn't discriminate against any form of crime. There's a reason he calls himself a detective. A mugger is just as important as the joker
:wtf: You know what nevermind.:pachaha:

I don't want to seem like i'm arguing for the sake of it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:wtf: You know what nevermind.:pachaha:

I don't want to seem like i'm arguing for the sake of it.

I get what you're saying breh about there being larger reasons for crime etc but Bruce has never just looked at one reason and dealt with it. He goes into every facet of it and is just as invested in one as he is the other. its the reason he goes out on patrol so to not at least acknowledge that is doing a disservice to the character and how he truly feels about cleaning up the city

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
tumblr_nn4z4oi6sD1qc238wo1_540.jpg

:lolbron: