The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Wasn't MOS's action stuff all shot in broad daylight?
yeah but krypton, wardrobes, superman characterisation and a lot of the look of the whole thing had that dry Nolan stink to it. And public opinion on that movie was that it was supposedly dark :snoop:so they fell for it.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Surprised over how interesting the story seems to be after reading all the analysing on the teaser trailer.
I don't think Man Of Steel sucked but it was far from what Nolan gave us in Batman Begins IMO. I hope Zack Snyder manage to get the actual STORY and dialogue intriguing and overall interesting in this one and it will be a blast watching it on the big screen, it really will.
Same here

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't get off on nerdy cacs ranting about what Superman from the 50s would do. fukk them nikkas lol

MoS was not 3/4th action. It was balanced.

I still see some idiots in here talking about Snyder when it comes to story and dialogue. You don't understand the process. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay. The last movie he wrote won the Oscar for best adapted screenplay. You fags have no idea what you're talking about :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
btw here's just a random thought. didn't wanna make a thread cause this seems to be the defacto batman/superman movie thread.

again just a random thought... are we ever gonna get to see batman beat up on some druggies again???

last couple movies had batman fightin secret societies, terrorists, corrupt businessmen, corrupt politicians.... but are we ever gonna get to see see batman just fukk up some random dudes on the streets???

i feel like batman is at his best when he's beatin on just low level scumbags. i mean i know these days it's become "passe" for the media to potray violent drug addicts as villainous people but i think we need a good batman movie where he saves some innocent woman from a filthy dirtbag that was about to attack her, or some petty thief that invaded an innocent's person's home. batman should have time for that kinda thing too i think.

i feel like that's where batman made his bones in the first place. street level crime.

even batman 89 starts with him handin out work to those bums on the roof.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
btw here's just a random thought. didn't wanna make a thread cause this seems to be the defacto batman/superman movie thread.

again just a random thought... are we ever gonna get to see batman beat up on some druggies again???

last couple movies had batman fightin secret societies, terrorists, corrupt businessmen, corrupt politicians.... but are we ever gonna get to see see batman just fukk up some random dudes in the streets???

i feel like batman is at his best when he's beatin on just low level scumbags. i mean i know these days it's become "passe" to paint poor drug addicts as victims but i think we need a good batman movie where he saves some innocent woman from a filthy dirtbag that was about to attack her, or some petty thief invaded an innocent's person's home. batman should have time for that kinda thing too i think.

This was something i didn't like about dark knight rises actually: part of his logic in quitting is that there is no more organized crime but that damn sure doesn't mean there aren't robbers, thieves, and petty crooks still around who are still killing people if they want. Maybe we will in the new batman movie

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trailer was

tumblr_inline_n0607sPY4K1sohsil.gif

But thankfully, a trailer is just a trailer and not indicative of how well the movie is. I remember when Man of Steel trailers came out from the first to the last, I was so hyped. But the movie ended up a little disappointing.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was something i didn't like about dark knight rises actually: part of his logic in quitting is that there is no more organized crime but that damn sure doesn't mean there aren't robbers, thieves, and petty crooks still around who are still killing people if they want. Maybe we will in the new batman movie

we havent seen that cause once bruce reached a certain level, that was kinda beneath him...starting out, yea, he handled everything, but as he grew in stature, he started dealing with the big boys only, and leaving the common street criminals to robin, nightwing, batgirl, etc....we might have a chance to see it in the new movie, if they go with the 'he needs to knock the rush off' angle...

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
we havent seen that cause once bruce reached a certain level, that was kinda beneath him...starting out, yea, he handled everything, but as he grew in stature, he started dealing with the big boys only, and leaving the common street criminals to robin, nightwing, batgirl, etc....we might have a chance to see it in the new movie, if they go with the 'he needs to knock the rush off' angle...

i agree, it was established early in the nolan films he wanted to stop high end crime in the city. Once he ended that, the police was able to step in a take care of low criminal activity.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli: Everyone knows that

there is nothing MLK or civil rights lite about mutants "hiding" their mutant-Ness or wanting to be human like everyone else. Newsflash you can't hide your blackness but you can hide your sexual orientation. There is nothing civil rights lite about a "so called" machine that turns mutants to humans. That sounds like comic speak for "gender realignment" or "reparative therapy" to me. But believe what you want

lol what?....you need to take your own advice about believing what you want cause xmen doesnt have shyt to do with gay rights....at the start, the civil rights aspect had nothing to do with hiding something (mutant powers/black skin), it's more about one asking/begging/being overly accommodating (prof x/mlk) to be accepted/respected by others (whites/humans); while the other said fukk that, they should accept/respect us as we are without all that extra shyt (x/mags)....that's it.....

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i agree, it was established early in the nolan films he wanted to stop high end crime in the city. Once he ended that, the police was able to step in a take care of low criminal activity.

that's how it goes in the comics too...for the most part, he only deals with low level criminals when he's bored lol...

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Trailer was

tumblr_inline_n0607sPY4K1sohsil.gif

But thankfully, a trailer is just a trailer and not indicative of how well the movie is. I remember when Man of Steel trailers came out from the first to the last, I was so hyped. But the movie ended up a little disappointing.
it wasn't a trailer it was a teaser and considering its a year away I think that was enough to wet the appetite. Don't think you went far enough with your assessment of MoS. That was the 1st real superman movie without any backstage hijinx since superman 2.Given how far we are in technology and all the time they had to plan that's what they come up with? 3/4 beatem up? :why: