The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I feel that I'm just talking about the early intentions breh. It's not their fault that once he became a part of the mainstream, they were off the book and other writers took it in a different direction
It's not a matter of fault I just think it's irrelevant to recall earliest intention when we are speaking of a Christ parrallel which you know is evident. It's like saying the earliest intention for commando was for arnie to be a child molester but new writers came in and decided to go the Rambo route. If you see the Rambo connection the hell is the point of steering the conversation elsewhere. The Moses stuff hasn't been used since the 50s probably

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You didnt answer the question at all you just danced around It.

In this thread you are complaining about the essence of superman in mos but you love burtons films which show batman murdering people.

How can you have you have your panties in a bunch about one but praise the other.

actually if you read my post again....

Superman barely even spoke in mos. He didn't even do anything.

Superman should be have strong charisma and charm. I feel like he didn't even have a presence in the last movie. He was just...there.

Cap in winter soldier was more superman than superman.

I hate to keep harping on donner but it's hard not to when you get it so right the first time. I'm not saying I want the same exact movie again but at least shoot for a depiction of the character that captures that same essence.

Superman was a fukkin weirdo creepazoid in the last movie basically. No personality.

i don't care about the killing/no killing thing. superman killing zod in MOS doesn't bother me at all (even though it was a poorly executed scene and made no sense).

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's not a matter of fault I just think it's irrelevant to recall earliest intention when we are speaking of a Christ parrallel which you know is evident. It's like saying the earliest intention for commando was for arnie to be a child molester but new writers came in and decided to go the Rambo route. If you see the Rambo connection the hell is the point of steering the conversation elsewhere. The Moses stuff hasn't been used since the 50s probably

I still think its there in the initial thing of him being sent from one set of parents to another and being raised as their own. That's the one moses connection that still exists and will always exists.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
You do,know,X-Men were created with the black civil right subtext and not the gay one right. And that Magneto and Xavier were suppose to be MLK and Malcom X. That pretty common knowledge.
:beli: Everyone knows that

there is nothing MLK or civil rights lite about mutants "hiding" their mutant-Ness or wanting to be human like everyone else. Newsflash you can't hide your blackness but you can hide your sexual orientation. There is nothing civil rights lite about a "so called" machine that turns mutants to humans. That sounds like comic speak for "gender realignment" or "reparative therapy" to me. But believe what you want

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I like that it's dark...they need to stay in their lane
the thing is its not dark, we don't know what the tone will be we just know that they are using the cheap trick from that directors playbook on what constitutes as "dark". Let's see lots shadows? Check, dark lit alleys? Check, multiple night shots? Check.You telling me a more edgier tone can't be done in broad daylight? Lame. It's like in the 80s when protagonists wanted to convey their turn to the dark side suddenly they stopped shaving and would wear leather and that would be like "ooooooow he's evil":heh:

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I still think its there in the initial thing of him being sent from one set of parents to another and being raised as their own. That's the one moses connection that still exists and will always exists.
but you can apply that to Jesus as well was he not sent to earth by his real father into the arms of Mary and Joseph?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
but you can apply that to Jesus as well was he not sent to earth by his real father into the arms of Mary and Joseph?

No because Mary is his real mom. It's not an adoptive parents situation like Moses. Moses was a member of one people and was raised as a member of another in order to save himself not to save his people. He ended up saving his people but that was not the intent, unlike Jesus, who was sent here specifically to save people. So you could apply it if you fudge some things around the edges but that's just one aspect of it. The imagery in the books and the movies now are clearly Christ inspired and there's nothing wrong with that, but there are still heavy traces of Jewish religion doctrine in them as well. Man of Steel is probably the most overt Christian of all superman interpretations though, and it's not a bad thing at all, at least in my eyes.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not apart of this superman universe sorry. Also, I doubt batman will fight kryptonite but instead he will probably use the tech from zods ship introduced in the first film. If you guys remember zods ship could change its atmosphere to better suit the people of krypton. My guess is that Bruce Wayne and Lex have this technology sand will use it against superman by getting him in a closed off environment. Just a guess.
I didn't say it was part of this story.. I'm on your side

I kept seeing ppl bring Superman Returns up so I had to trash that movie too

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
People saying some parts of Man of Steel were boring sound a bit simple minded to me. shyt, I can't sit through the first 2/3 of Avengers anymore with all the banter and interchangeable jokes from every character. :manny:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
People saying some parts of Man of Steel were boring sound a bit simple minded to me. shyt, I can't sit through the first 2/3 of Avengers anymore with all the banter and interchangeable jokes from every character. :manny:
Mos had ts flaws for sure but this flick will not feel like mos..it can't and I'm sure Snyder knows that. Adding batman makes for a different atmosphere. The entire teaser is a great start, the full trailer is gonna be when we see what tone is gonna carry throughout the film. Should be interesting.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
tumblr_nn41mrIvlt1s5zf6fo1_1280.png

tumblr_nn41mrIvlt1s5zf6fo2_1280.png

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2429156-deandre-jordan-rolls-out-new-batmobile