The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
they didnt once make the christ parallel, that's what you/others want to see....they just established he would be treated/viewed like a god, not a particular god....that's the reason for the scene in the trailer...but i get it: any white male savior must be viewed as christ....
:why: But to many zealots Christ is the God, you seem to just be arguing for arguing sake breh

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are literally the only person that can't see the allusions. But don't worry, it's definitely everybody else.

:wtf: Have you not been reading my posts? My whole argument this entire time has been that it only makes sense to fully introduce Zod once Superman has been established, which is why the original Donner movie did things that way, introducing Zod in the first movie and featuring him in the second. Yet you're telling me with no justification that all the characters I mentioned need the same scene setting? Can you give me one good reason why these characters need an established Superman and Zod doesn't?

I just told you that Superman the Animated Series used Brainiac in its origin story and that is widely viewed as one of the best versions of the story. So how are you telling me that doesn't work when it already has?

Parasite would be fine if done well, the draw of a Superman movie is Superman. People would go to see it regardless of who you pit him against as long as the hype was there.
Reread my posts. It doesn't make sense to have Zod aka dude that's threatening to destroy humanity be the guy that introduces Superman to the world.

i know what your argument is, and i've disagreed....you dont need an established supe with him cause even though zod has gotten more popular, he's not a lex, brainiac, darkseid level villain....but he is a bigger level villain than parasite or someone like that.....also, even though those other villains are tied to supe directly, they are jl villains are well....

stop using the donner movies as the only blueprint for supe....that first movie was a setup for a direct sequel, so they could take their time with the character...they didnt take that luxury with MoS cause they were trying to setup the whole universe....so instead of taking a whole movie to tell his story (like most origins), they helped establish him a lil more with a villain that could be considered a real threat....

i know how the series goes, i own it....brainiac was more of a villain for his dad, not him in that story....not only that, they also introduced luthor and superman knew who he was/his purpose by the time they really showed him....so you telling me you wanted MoS to introduce 2 major villains and just have supe established, all in the origin story?...lol ok....

yea, superman is the draw, but his rogue is also a draw...and parasite isnt a big enough villain to be the main villain in the reboot of supe and the dc universe....

i read your posts, and i explained why zod fit into the space as a good villain...we just disagree....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:why: But to many zealots Christ is the God, you seem to just be arguing for arguing sake breh

i dont argue just to argue.....hell, i dont consider this an arugment, just a disagreement on opinions.....

anyway, i'm not a zealot and christianity isnt the only religion in the world....with that said: i know christianity well, would probably even be considered 1, but when i went to see MoS, i wasnt looking for parallels to jesus, so i didnt see it....others were, so they did.....once they pointed them out, i could see how people thought so...but i wasnt looking for that, so i didnt, and still dont every time i watch MoS.....you only see it if you want to...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
when i watched the movie in theaters, nope cause i wasnt looking for them....others were, so they did.....

Homie I wasn't looking for them either but they were smacking me in the face:

The scene of him going to the priest about what he should do
Same scene with the huge window behind him depicting Christ so you can see the both of them side by side
Clark being 33 years old
Clark being sent to earth to restore a promise after the old world was destroyed due to corruption, pollution, etc

I wasn't looking either breh but Snyder and the script made them too obvious to ignore. Same thing in Superman Returns

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
i know what your argument is, and i've disagreed....you dont need an established supe with him cause even though zod has gotten more popular, he's not a lex, brainiac, darkseid level villain....but he is a bigger level villain than parasite or someone like that.....also, even though those other villains are tied to supe directly, they are jl villains are well....

stop using the donner movies as the only blueprint for supe....that first movie was a setup for a direct sequel, so they could take their time with the character...they didnt take that luxury with MoS cause they were trying to setup the whole universe....so instead of taking a whole movie to tell his story (like most origins), they helped establish him a lil more with a villain that could be considered a real threat....

i know how the series goes, i own it....brainiac was more of a villain for his dad, not him in that story....not only that, they also introduced luthor and superman knew who he was/his purpose by the time they really showed him....so you telling me you wanted MoS to introduce 2 major villains and just have supe established, all in the origin story?...lol ok....

yea, superman is the draw, but his rogue is also a draw...and parasite isnt a big enough villain to be the main villain in the reboot of supe and the dc universe....

i read your posts, and i explained why zod fit into the space as a good villain...we just disagree....
The reasons why I don't think Zod works have nothing to with popularity.
The popularity of the character is immaterial. Ordinary people had no idea who Ra's al Ghul was but it worked great in Batman Begins because it was well executed. That's all that matters when you're dealing with titles as popular as Batman and Superman. The movie is going to make money no matter what you do, the separating criteria is whether or not you can put out a consensus great movie and even people that love the movie have to accept that a lot of others don't feel the way they do about it.
If they had managed that the hype for the sequels would be even greater.
There's virtually no such thing as an exclusive villain with all the crossover that goes on, at any rate as you say they're directly tied to Superman and that's all that matters.

I'm referring to the Donner movie as an example that used Zod and worked (seeing as it is the only other origin story that used the character), where have I tried to use it as a blueprint?
Well you've said it yourself, they took their time with the character and that made all the difference. They had the time to do whatever they wanted in mos and chose to do things the way they did. In fact It's the only Superhero movie that comes to mind that only had to set up one villain arc, while most others used at least 2 and still managed to set up their character. And please do tell me what about mos helped set up the entire universe because its virtually nothing as far as I can tell. You have to lack imagination if you don't see how they could have set all that up in 2.20 hours

If you know how the series goes it shouldn't be hard to imagine how they could have used Brainiac in the origin story and as the villain. Why are you so bad at imagining things even just a little differently to what they are?

Fair enough we're not going to agree about whether or not Zod worked, the way they used him.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think Superman is always going to be viewed as a Christ like figure because especially in this cinematic universe he is the first of his kind (i.e. super hero, super being with special powers etc..). People are automatically going to have a religious viewpoint.

Which is fine because that is EXACTLY what would happen if an alien landed on our planet. People would pick sides, battle lines would be drawn and people would worship him and others would call him a "false God"

The story almost writes itself but I'm glad Terrio rewrote it because Goyer is hit or miss.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Homie I wasn't looking for them either but they were smacking me in the face:

The scene of him going to the priest about what he should do
Same scene with the huge window behind him depicting Christ so you can see the both of them side by side
Clark being 33 years old
Clark being sent to earth to restore a promise after the old world was destroyed due to corruption, pollution, etc

I wasn't looking either breh but Snyder and the script made them too obvious to ignore. Same thing in Superman Returns

ok, we're different in that regard....i ignored all that and just enjoyed the movie....same as returns...wasnt sitting there thinking this/that is christ like...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
ok, we're different in that regard....i ignored all that and just enjoyed the movie....same as returns...wasnt sitting there thinking this/that is christ like...

I can sit and enjoy the movie breh will still catching the obvious. there are things filmmakers put in the movie for a reason, it's not just people looking into stuff. Just like the 9/11 allusions

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reasons why I don't think Zod works have nothing to with popularity.
The popularity of the character is immaterial. Ordinary people had no idea who Ra's al Ghul was but it worked great in Batman Begins because it was well executed. That's all that matters when you're dealing with titles as popular as Batman and Superman. The movie is going to make money no matter what you do, the separating criteria is whether or not you can put out a consensus great movie and even people that love the movie have to accept that a lot of others don't feel the way they do about it.
If they had managed that the hype for the sequels would be even greater.
There's virtually no such thing as an exclusive villain with all the crossover that goes on, at any rate as you say they're directly tied to Superman and that's all that matters.

I'm referring to the Donner movie as an example that used Zod and worked (seeing as it is the only other origin story that used the character), where have I tried to use it as a blueprint?
Well you've said it yourself, they took their time with the character and that made all the difference. They had the time to do whatever they wanted in mos and chose to do things the way they did. In fact It's the only Superhero movie that comes to mind that only had to set up one villain arc, while most others used at least 2 and still managed to set up their character. And please do tell me what about mos helped set up the entire universe because its virtually nothing as far as I can tell. You have to lack imagination if you don't see how they could have set all that up in 2.20 hours

If you know how the series goes it shouldn't be hard to imagine how they could have used Brainiac in the origin story and as the villain. Why are you so bad at imagining things even just a little differently to what they are?

Fair enough we're not going to agree about whether or not Zod worked, the way they used him.

lol at lacking imagination cause i dont agree with you....that's so far from the truth, but whatever you say...yea, we just disagree on zod, that's cool...

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
lol at lacking imagination cause i dont agree with you....that's so far from the truth, but whatever you say...yea, we just disagree on zod, that's cool...
Not because you disagree, but because you seem to be incapable of making the tiny leap required to formulate a working plot different to what the movie was. It ain't your prerogative to do so because you enjoyed the movie as it was but this conversation has been hypothetical. You asked me what other scenarios could work and you couldn't envisage them despite how loose and open to further layers of interpretation they were.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can sit and enjoy the movie breh will still catching the obvious. there are things filmmakers put in the movie for a reason, it's not just people looking into stuff. Just like the 9/11 allusions

never said you couldnt, just said we're different....it's cool...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not because you disagree, but because you seem to be incapable of making the tiny leap required to formulate a working plot different to what the movie was. It ain't your prerogative to do so because you enjoyed the movie as it was but this conversation has been hypothetical. You asked me what other scenarios could work and you couldn't envisage them despite how loose and open to further layers of interpretation they were.

lol you're funny...look man: i could envision everything you said just fine, i just disagreed with it and stated why....anyway, i've seen some of your other posts regarding MoS, you didnt like the movie...that's cool....

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
CC_lKuRVAAALgMM.jpg

CC_lAchUMAAWaHc.jpg