The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
lol what?....the only people that think they were going for the christ angle are people that want to believe that...they werent going for that shyt....

also, they used the right villain...zod was the only one that makes sense for an 'origin' story...
They were....thats why in the trailer he is called a false god:why:

I personally don't have a problem with it....I don't understand why its a big deal

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a bad ideal......how would you explain his resurrection though:patrice:

Maybe Brainiac scoops up his body after the Doomsday Fight and Brainiac "resurrects" him and places him back on a mini Krypton......MOS 2 Superman vs Brainiac :whoo:

explain it like the comic: that he didnt truly die, that he just used all his stored energy...that way they could introduce the other supermen, which would setup other stories/movies...like cyborg supe becoming the villain for gl...

i do think we'll get brainiac teased in MoS 2 and that will setup the next jl movie....the 3rd jl movie should be darkseid....

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
naw....yea, he got his look for batman and the showdown look from the dark knight, but wb/dc are going more with the comics as source material in setting up their universe.....cause just like the comics: everything starts with supe....once he was known, that's when other heroes started popping up around the world....no matter whether people like him or not, dc's universe begins, revolves around, and will end(if they ever do) with supe...

anyway, the true MoS sequel is coming out after the jl movie....i'd really like for them to use doomsday in the jl movie, have supe 'die' to stop him, then come back in the MoS sequel....
Yeah isn't that the new 52 once supes came around then other heroes revealed themselves even though in Gotham batman had been active but as the myth /monster.
In the trailer is affleck rocking grey stripes in his hair ?? :patrice:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were....thats why in the trailer he is called a false god:why:

I personally don't have a problem with it....I don't understand why its a big deal

no, they werent...they didnt do anything in the movie to make him look like christ...last time i checked, christ didnt fly, shoot lasers out his eyes, have freezing breath, etc....all the movie did was make him look like a savior (which superman is), yes, but not christ.....people took shyt here/there and ran with it cause that's what they wanted to.....

the 'false god' shyt should show even more they werent trying to make him look like christ...but they are playing on how people would perceive him as a god cause of the shyt he can do, just like the comics...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah isn't that the new 52 once supes came around then other heroes revealed themselves even though in Gotham batman had been active but as the myth /monster.
In the trailer is affleck rocking grey stripes in his hair ?? :patrice:

havent really read the new 52, so i dont know...know it happened like that for the most part in the reg universe.....yea, bats was around and they considred him a myth/monster...that's why people are shocked when they find out he's real....

it looks like it...they going with the older, retired version of bats, just like tdk....if you look closely, behind him in that shot is another 'suit'.....people are saying it might be robin's...cause the rumor is that in bvs, the joker has already killed jason todd, which explains why harley is with the ss...that didnt sit well with her....again: those are just rumors, but they sound damn good...

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
lol what?....the only people that think they were going for the christ angle are people that want to believe that...they werent going for that shyt....

also, they used the right villain...zod was the only one that makes sense for an 'origin' story...
You know what... nevermind, you'll defend the movie even when it's not being attacked. There's nothing wrong with the Christian imagery and I never suggested that there was
You're being unnecessarily dense if you really don't think the imagery is there. If you think it would be found in flying and shooting lasers out of his eyes then you're probably too literal minded to notice it anyway.

It's been a lot of Superman Origin stories across comics, tv and movies and this is the first one that felt the need to use Zod. Your point makes zero sense.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what... nevermind, you'll defend the movie even when it's not being attacked. There's nothing wrong with the Christian imagery and I never suggested that there was
You're being unnecessarily dense if you really don't think the imagery is there. If you think it would be found in flying and shooting lasers out of his eyes then you're probably too literal minded to notice it anyway.

It's been a lot of Superman Origin stories across comics, tv and movies and this is the first one that felt the need to use Zod. Your point makes zero sense.

naw, not being dense, just aint one of the people that have to connect religion(especially christianity) to everything....whenever there is a white male savior (even though christ wasnt white), people automatically go with that person being a christ like figure...just cause people do that, doesnt make it so....the movie showed him as a savior, which the character is, that's all the movie did....trying to make him appear like christ is done by people that want to see/believe that's what the movie was doing....

as for zod: he was a good villain cause they needed an actual villain and his setup was already there since the movie showed how supe got here from krypton....MoS really did tell the story from the beginning, and not just show supe on earth already, with flashbacks of what happened....they were setting up a completely new take on the character....but since you think he was such a bad choice, who do you think they shouldve used as a villain?...

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
his bats is taken directly from the dark knight....from the short bat ears to the bulkiness of the suit...go check out the dark knight and you'll see where they got his suit/look from....
I have seen the animated features hence why I say it is by design

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
naw, not being dense, just aint one of the people that have to connect religion(especially christianity) to everything....whenever there is a white male savior (even though christ wasnt white), people automatically go with that person being a christ like figure...just cause people do that, doesnt make it so....the movie showed him as a savior, which the character is, that's all the movie did....trying to make him appear like christ is done by people that want to see/believe that's what the movie was doing....
Dude I ain't even a Christian so from my perspective it' all just stories and as it happens, the the most prominent messianic figure in Western culture is Jesus, thousands of films have made oblique references to that over the years. Siegel and Shuster the creators of Superman were actually using Moses as a frame of reference but by that same notion drawing attention to biblical allegory is not a stretch by any means.
as for zod: he was a good villain cause they needed an actual villain and his setup was already there since the movie showed how supe got here from krypton....MoS really did tell the story from the beginning, and not just show supe on earth already, with flashbacks of what happened....they were setting up a completely new take on the character....but since you think he was such a bad choice, who do you think they should've used as a villain?...
There are plenty of actual villains and most Superman origin stories do start in Krypton but that doesn't mean the villain had to be Zod
You need to understand that the idea of Zod's mutiny and imprisonment happening right as Krypton was being destroyed is something was something completely new that the First Donner movie introduced as a setup for Superman II (they then gave Superman an entire movie's worth of set-up before he had to deal with Zod) and obviously their intention wasn't to ape that movie so they could have done things differently.
There were plenty of options, even if they were intent on saving Luthor for the second movie,
If they wanted to play the Kryptonian history angle they could have used Braniac like Superman tas did. His powers are a lot more scalable than Zod's.
They could have used a Bruno Mannheim under the control of Darkseid which makes a great setup for a sequel
If they wanted a galactic threat that wasn't directly related to Superman they could have used Imperiex.
If they wanted an earthborne threat but still wanted slugfest they could have used Parasite.
(I don't think Doomsday works at all in an origin story for similar reasons to why I didn't think Zod worked.

I mean I'm just chucking ideas around here but lets not pretend the only option they had was to use Zod.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
no, they werent...they didnt do anything in the movie to make him look like christ...last time i checked, christ didnt fly, shoot lasers out his eyes, have freezing breath, etc....all the movie did was make him look like a savior (which superman is), yes, but not christ.....people took shyt here/there and ran with it cause that's what they wanted to.....

the 'false god' shyt should show even more they werent trying to make him look like christ...but they are playing on how people would perceive him as a god cause of the shyt he can do, just like the comics...
:snoop: Dude everything from arriving to earth in a barn to having earth parents to jar-el being an overseeing authoritative presence through an aberration (guiding his son in times of struggle) is a clear sign of a Christ parallel stop it. You can even see in the trailer he becomes their messiah, that shot where he's in the sky with the woman's arms wide open as if to worship him couldn't be anymore obvious

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude I ain't even a Christian so from my perspective it' all just stories and as it happens, the the most prominent messianic figure in Western culture is Jesus, thousands of films have made oblique references to that over the years. Siegel and Shuster the creators of Superman were actually using Moses as a frame of reference but by that same notion drawing attention to biblical allegory is not a stretch by any means.

There are plenty of actual villains and most Superman origin stories do start in Krypton but that doesn't mean the villain had to be Zod
You need to understand that the idea of Zod's mutiny and imprisonment happening right as Krypton was being destroyed is something was something completely new that the First Donner movie introduced as a setup for Superman II (they then gave Superman an entire movie's worth of set-up before he had to deal with Zod) and obviously their intention wasn't to ape that movie so they could have done things differently.
There were plenty of options, even if they were intent on saving Luthor for the second movie,
If they wanted to play the Kryptonian history angle they could have used Braniac like Superman tas did. His powers are a lot more scalable than Zod's.
They could have used a Bruno Mannheim under the control of Darkseid which makes a great setup for a sequel
If they wanted a galactic threat that wasn't directly related to Superman they could have used Imperiex.
If they wanted an earthborne threat but still wanted slugfest they could have used Parasite.
(I don't think Doomsday works at all in an origin story for similar reasons to why I didn't think Zod worked.

I mean I'm just chucking ideas around here but lets not pretend the only option they had was to use Zod.

never said it was a stretch...and you're right other movies have made reference to christ like figures, but we talking about MoS...in that movie, they didnt...people only think so cause they want to, not cause of anything the movie did....but that's whatever, we can let that topic go...

as for the villain: you naming villains that need an established superman, which MoS didnt have...that's why they couldnt use someone like brainiac, someone connected to darkseid, an intergalatic threat, etc....also, they needed a recognizable name so someone like parasite couldnt be the main villain......not saying they could only use zod, but zod fit in that space....he has a direct tie to supe, him being in the negative zone gives supe time to grow up, and he presents a large enough threat to let supe show his powers....he's also a recognizable name......

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have seen the animated features hence why I say it is by design

you presented it like a question, not a statement, that's why i suggested checking out the tdk...
:snoop: Dude everything from arriving to earth in a barn to having earth parents to jar-el being an overseeing authoritative presence through an aberration (guiding his son in times of struggle) is a clear sign of a Christ parallel stop it. You can even see in the trailer he becomes their messiah, that shot where he's in the sky with the woman's arms wide open as if to worship him couldn't be anymore obvious

they didnt once make the christ parallel, that's what you/others want to see....they just established he would be treated/viewed like a god, not a particular god....that's the reason for the scene in the trailer...but i get it: any white male savior must be viewed as christ....

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
never said it was a stretch...and you're right other movies have made reference to christ like figures, but we talking about MoS...in that movie, they didnt...people only think so cause they want to, not cause of anything the movie did....but that's whatever, we can let that topic go...
You are literally the only person that can't see the allusions. But don't worry, it's definitely everybody else.
as for the villain: you naming villains that need an established superman, which MoS didnt have...that's why they couldnt use someone like brainiac, someone connected to darkseid, an intergalatic threat, etc....also, they needed a recognizable name so someone like parasite couldnt be the main villain......not saying they could only use zod, but zod fit in that space....he has a direct tie to supe, him being in the negative zone gives supe time to grow up, and he presents a large enough threat to let supe show his powers....he's also a recognizable name......
:wtf: Have you not been reading my posts? My whole argument this entire time has been that it only makes sense to fully introduce Zod once Superman has been established, which is why the original Donner movie did things that way, introducing Zod in the first movie and featuring him in the second. Yet you're telling me with no justification that all the characters I mentioned need the same scene setting? Can you give me one good reason why these characters need an established Superman and Zod doesn't?

I just told you that Superman the Animated Series used Brainiac in its origin story and that is widely viewed as one of the best versions of the story. So how are you telling me that doesn't work when it already has?

Parasite would be fine if done well, the draw of a Superman movie is Superman. People would go to see it regardless of who you pit him against as long as the hype was there.
Reread my posts. It doesn't make sense to have Zod aka dude that's threatening to destroy humanity be the guy that introduces Superman to the world.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Timeout timeout timeout...you don't see the Christ parallels in Man of Steel?