The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
what are you talking about?.....that's what he gave yall: a movie in the spirit of the donner movies and yall complained...yea, he took it on his own to make it a sequel, but it was in the spirit of the donner movies....

it had the same theme, that's about it.

other than that it lacked all the things that made the donner movie great.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also superman returns was NOTHING like the original donner movie.

superman returns did damage to the character's legacy that is still largely felt today.

a lot of people think superman is a weirdo now. "he's too good". "he doesn't have any personality". you got people gravitating towards the edgier characters and anti-heroes and hating on the "big blue boyscout".

a lot of this sprung up after superman returns.
i knew a girl once who said she didn't like superman cuz she thought he was a homo:wtf:

back then chicks DUG the idea of superman!

christopher reeve's superman was suave. he was a ladie's man. he was cool. he was charming.

back then when you thought of superman you thought of the ultimate alpha male. not no wimpy fakkit.

even the superman in the animated series was gettin it in on the regular.

i commend zach snyder and co. for at least trying to undo all this with MOS but now instead of being thought of as a wimpy fakkit they got ppl thinkin superman is a shy and emotional alien... who just happens to growl when he fights.

what?...this shows me you know nothing about superman....cause everything you said was already being said about him long before superman returns...people have always said he was too good, a boy scout, lacks personality, overpowered, etc...that's why some dislike the character, while others like him...

as for what that chick said: ok and?....seems she ignored the fact that supe was still getting at lois and just wanted to call him gay, ok good for her...

chicks still dig the idea of 'superman', so I don't know what you trying to say based of what 1 chick said...

that's the same superman routh gave us....that henry gave us....the wimpy fakkit as you call him is clark, the same one reeve and routh gave us...henry's clark has been the only one that's been true to the comic and didn't go over board with the clumsy, goofy shyt...

yea, he getting it in on the reg with lois....that's the only one he gets it in with (and sometimes wonder woman)....it's been the same in the movies...

snyder and co weren't trying to undo anything...MoS was the origin story for a new take on superman, unlike returns which was a continuation of the donner superman...that's why I don't understand how you can bash returns superman while praising donner's when they the same character....he didn't change shyt about superman compared to the donner movies, but for whatever reason you acting like he did....

....I get it: just wanna be that guy....ok, you can be that guy...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it had the same theme, that's about it.

other than that it lacked all the things that made the donner movie great.

had the same theme, superman, continuation of plot points, etc....but lets just ignore that.....

naw, it didn't...not saying it was better, but it wasn't trash like you trying to say....

Daps
Reppin
NYC
had the same theme, superman, continuation of plot points, etc....but lets just ignore that.....

naw, it didn't...not saying it was better, but it wasn't trash like you trying to say....
superman returns wasnt trash ??? what ???

same superman ???

you're tellin me brandon routh measured up to christopher reeve ???

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
superman returns wasnt trash ??? what ???

same superman ???

you're tellin me brandon routh measured up to christopher reeve ???

it wasn't trash to me...like I said in previous posts: I like the movie...to me it was a nice follow up/closure to movies 1 and 2...that's what I was expecting, that's what I got....

yes, it's the same superman...go look at 1, 2, and then returns...it's the same take on superman....

measured up as what, actors?....we're not talking about their acting ability(reeve is highly overrated by the way, but that's another topic), we talking about their take on the character superman....which was the same since routh's superman was a continuation of reeve's superman....

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guess Batman ain't trynna have folks know how Wayne manner was really built. :mjpls:

"Ben Affleck's ancestors apparently owned slaves — but that's something he didn't want the public to know.

The Academy Award-winning actor and director asked PBS executives to edit that detail out of his family tree after it was exposed during the filming of their program "Finding Your Roots," hacked Sony emails have revealed."

http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainm...r-censored-family-tree-sony-article-1.2189594
I cant say it was a dumb move necessarily. No one could have predicted sony would be hacked and dirty details would be released. Unfortunately for Batfleck...you reap what you sow.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
people saying it's a monument to the dead

CC51waxUMAApXvq.jpg

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without spoilers, how does Batman fight Superman...

Like what can he actually do to make the fight not last 2 seconds. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Read or go watch The Dark Knight Returns.... give you a strong hint. Or go read HUSH, specifically the chapter where Batman fights Superman, it perfectly explains not only how, but WHY it is possible. But for the long story short, the TRUE weakness to Superman is that he holds back, and Batman doesn't.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Even though I'm glad Nolan isnt directing...

man I kinda wish we were getting the opening scene months in advance like with TDK/TDKR :mjcry: