The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
But it is kind of odd to make mention of slo-mo in this thread as a jab at Snyder's directing style in BvS when there was no slow motion in the previous Superman movie he directed.:yeshrug:
oh u talking bout the movie that was copy and paste of a nolan flick which nolan worked on right? well this one is a full on snyder flick so lets see if that holds true again in 2016 :ld:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
oh u talking bout the movie that was copy and paste of a nolan flick which nolan worked on right? well this one is a full on snyder flick so lets see if that holds true again in 2016 :ld:
There was no slo-mo in Dawn of the Dead either if I remember correctly.:sas2:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
The editor of one of the most respected newspapers in the country and a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist were on site so their first person reporting/editorials would carry some weight. Then you have the people who Zod was trying to kill that resulted in Superman breaking Zod's neck; I am sure they would have been all over the 24 hour news cycle telling their stories.
Then the military, who carried out a very public operation on US soil in broad daylight would have to release some sort of statement about how Superman was working with them to stop Zod and his crew.
There are a ton of ways that Superman becomes beloved by some while reviled by others. I just don't understand why you are having so much trouble seeing this.
You think this all that will stand up against the anguish, grief and anger of those that got caught in the crossfire and lost people? This will measure up to the anger of the millions that lost their livelihoods? The machinations of a government that would need a scapegoat to pin the blame on?
(Aside: I generally agree with you guys that there's too much focus on the damage Superman caused especially when the military did some dumb shyt. For instance, why did the air force continue firing on the terraforming device when it was clear that its gravitational pull was preventing the missiles from hitting their target and causing them to kill civilians?)
Last time something disastrous happened in a major urban city, the president was able to convince the entire population that a war against a country that had nothing to do with it made sense on some bullshyt.
People tend to get swept up in fear and anger in response to such situations and who else would be the target for it in this instance? Of course some will see things differently but I don't see how Superman is looked on favourably in the dominant narrative. Maybe bvs will run with all that you've said and make it convincing, I wont say its impossible but I struggle to see how.

That all sounds like a personal issue that you have when watching the movie then, bruh.
Nikka, of course its personal, there is no objective school of film watching. This is all perspective and individual interpretation on both sides of this debate (lets not pretend I'm the only one that didn't appreciate the movie) I've couched the language I've used in such terms. You don't have to agree with my criticisms but the fact that they're personal is not a knock against them.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
From a human standpoint whether or not he saved the city, he destroyed it in the process in a fight that wouldn't have happened were he not on the planet. At that point no rational human being would want him to have anything to do with humanity.

You mean like Thor showing up and people dying in his films because he is chillin in Middle America instead of taking care of business in Asgard :mjlol:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
You mean like Thor showing up and people dying in his films because he is chillin in Middle America instead of taking care of business in Asgard :mjlol:
Where have I exonerated the Marvel movies? Iron man isn't so much the issue because by that point he's established himself as a public figure over 3 movies. But definitely the Hulk and Thor (The tesseract was stolen from Asgard/ Loki is his brother) are problematic.

What helped that movie was the existence of Shield, which seems to have the power to override governments and react to threats autonomously and the fact that it has a lot more moving parts than mos. It's easier for people to dismiss such complaints as nitpicking when there was so much else going on involving so many other characters.