The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
that was essentially a sequel to the supes movies from the 70s/80s

you n*ggaz is so finicky.... there's no pleasing n*ggaz like you no homo

yo no joke that is the dumbest fukkin logic i've ever seen.

and the post got like 6 daps too. wtf.

the fact that i enjoy superman 78... dictates i must like superman returns??? huh?? why??

i'm serious, explain this logic to me.

iron man 2 was a sequel to iron man. i take it if you liked the first movie you HAVE to like the second movie???

:wtf:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

the fact that i enjoy superman 78... dictates i must like superman returns??? huh?? why??

iron man 2 was a sequel to iron man. i take it if you liked the first movie you HAVE to like the second movie???

The the the thecoli.com

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps

cuz no one is saying you should or have to like the 2006 supes

but you asking for the richard donner supes feel well you had exactly that in superman returns... the director point blank said supes return is a sequel to the movies from the 70s/80s

whether you like it or not is up to you... but what you asked for they tried and it wasn't widely accepted or liked

Daps
Reppin
NYC
cuz no one is saying you should or have to like the 2006 supes

but you asking for the richard donner supes feel well you had exactly that in superman returns

whether you like it or not is up to you... but what you asked for they tried and it wasn't widely accepted or liked

superman returns was exactly like superman 78, you are right about that.

just minus the charm, story, characters, and performances i guess.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
different actors.... different directors... and 30 years later

tf you expect cuz?

lol

so if you admit the movie was ass cheeks why you gotta try and get at me for not bein a fan then??

if i enjoyed superman 78, which was a superior movie in every aspect... how am i a hypocrite for not liking superman returns??

i just don't understand the logic then.

superman returns was HORRIBLE.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
superman returns was HORRIBLE.

I'm guessing the logic is that a lot of fanboys begged for the return of the Donner era Superman and many of them did enjoy Superman Returns so it did please a certain segment of the audience but others such as myself hated the damn movie and wanted to see a different approach. As has been said many times before, there are countless iterations of Superman and for me Man of Steel hit on everything I wanted it to. The audience reaction to it was more positive than Superman Returns.

I've discussed this on here before but Superman Returns actually has a higher Rotten Tomatoes score than Man of Steel but the fan reaction was much more positive for Man of Steel.. So there is no real consensus. It's one of the most debated comic book films out there. Very polarizing.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm guessing the logic is that a lot of fanboys begged for the return of the Donner era Superman and many of them did enjoy Superman Returns so it did please a certain segment of the audience but others such as myself hated the damn movie and wanted to see a different approach. As has been said many times before, there are countless iterations of Superman and for me Man of Steel hit on everything I wanted it to. The audience reaction to it was more positive than Superman Returns.

I've discussed this on here before but Superman Returns actually has a higher Rotten Tomatoes score than Man of Steel but the fan reaction was much more positive for Man of Steel.. So there is no real consensus. It's one of the most debated comic book films out there. Very polarizing.

as a superman fan i think i hate them both pretty equally, albeit for entirely different reasons. imo they're both their own kind of awful lol.

gun to my head i probably hate man of steel more but only because my expectations were so much higher. i kinda knew superman returns was gonna blow dikk going into it... but man of steel disappointed me like no other movie ever. the trailers were just so damn perfect.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I dapped the post you referring to...the reason is because it shows cats like you just complain to complain.....and no, i'm not saying you had to like superman returns (which I did by the way), but that movie was exactly what people like you wanted: a nod/homage to the first 2 superman movies...so that's what the studio did.....they pretended 3 and 4 don't exist, and made superman returns the follow-up to 2....how did those people respond to it? they complained...said it was boring, the same ole same ole, and they wanted a new take on supe movies.....so the studio listened and gave them just that with MoS....it was more action packed and showed more of his powers on display....how did those same people respond to it? they complained....said they wanted a superman movie more like the first 2.......it just shows muthafukkas complain to complain, and will never be satisfied cause they choosing not to be....

anyway, like @saysumthinfunnymike said: superman returns was liked better by critics, while MoS was liked better by fans, so more than likely the studio will go more with superman movies like MoS, and try to mix in some superman returns qualities to get the best of both....at least that's what i'm hoping for cause I liked both, and if they can give me the action of MoS with an experienced superman like the one from superman returns, i'm good....thinking we should get that superman in the true MoS 2 movie that's coming out after the JL movie...

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I dapped the post you referring to...the reason is because it shows cats like you just complain to complain.....and no, i'm not saying you had to like superman returns (which I did by the way), but that movie was exactly what people like you wanted: a nod/homage to the first 2 superman movies...so that's what the studio did.....they pretended 3 and 4 don't exist, and made superman returns the follow-up to 2....how did those people respond to it? they complained...said it was boring, the same ole same ole, and they wanted a new take on supe movies.....so the studio listened and gave them just that with MoS....it was more action packed and showed more of his powers on display....how did those same people respond to it? they complained....said they wanted a superman movie more like the first 2.......it just shows muthafukkas complain to complain, and will never be satisfied cause they choosing not to be....

what makes you think that's what the ppl wanted??? :ld:

in 2006 the superhero genre was in the middle of a renaissance. marvel had their a-list characters up and running, batman had just been rebooted... superhero movies were all the craze. so naturally it felt like it was time to bring back superman.

but it's not like there were fans on bryan singer's doorstep demanding he revisit the donner movies. that's just something he decided to do on his own. i mean it's not like we had any say in the matter. remember this was the same studio that almost pulled the trigger on fukkin tim burton and nic cage emo superman! can't blame the fans for that too can we??

if you recall when they released that first teaser pic of routh in the suit, fans were already seeing the writing on the wall. everyone knew right then and there that singer was fukkin up. something was wrong. yea the trailers were a big hit but that's because you can't help but feel nostalgic about that classic score. but deep down everyone knew the movie looked like straight buns.

a reboot in the SPIRIT of the donner movies would have served just fine... not a sequel/homage whatever the fukk it was.

but that's not why the fans rejected it. the fans rejected it cuz :trash: was :trash:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Without spoilers, how does Batman fight Superman...

Like what can he actually do to make the fight not last 2 seconds. Sorry if this has already been posted.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what makes you think that's what the ppl wanted??? :ld:

in 2006 the superhero genre was in the middle of a renaissance. marvel had their a-list characters up and running, batman had just been rebooted... superhero movies were all the craze. so naturally it felt like it was time to bring back superman.

but it's not like there were fans on bryan singer's doorstep demanding he revisit the donner movies. that's just something he decided to do on his own. i mean it's not like we had any say in the matter. remember this was the same studio that almost pulled the trigger on fukkin tim burton and nic cage emo superman! can't blame the fans for that too can we??

if you recall when they released that first teaser pic of routh in the suit, fans were already seeing the writing on the wall. everyone knew right then and there that singer was fukkin up. something was wrong. yea the trailers were a big hit but that's because you can't help but feel nostalgic about that classic score. but deep down everyone knew the movie looked like straight buns.

a reboot in the SPIRIT of the donner movies would have served just fine... not a sequel/homage whatever the fukk it was.

but that's not why the fans rejected it. the fans rejected it cuz :trash: was :trash:

what makes me think that? cause that's what people were saying...you can pretend that wasn't the case, but it was....that's what they wanted, that's what they got, yet they complained....

yea, he did go there on his own making it a sequel, but that doesn't change the fact people were asking for a movie in that vein....what does the burton/nic cage shyt have to do with anything?... it doesnt, the shyt never came out so don't try to use that as an example of anything....

naw, when the first trailer released, fans were hyped cause it looked good....even liking how much routh looked like reeves....so no, no one was thinking deep down the movie was gonna be straight buns like you said...people thought it was gonna be hot....

what are you talking about?.....that's what he gave yall: a movie in the spirit of the donner movies and yall complained...yea, he took it on his own to make it a sequel, but it was in the spirit of the donner movies....

whether you thought it was trash is opinion....you think it was, I don't, but that's whatever....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without spoilers, how does Batman fight Superman...

Like what can he actually do to make the fight not last 2 seconds. Sorry if this has already been posted.

in TDK: he uses electricity, a super-powered suit, some shyt that produced sound waves, and gets green arrow to shoot an arrow with a kryptonite poison/exploding tip kinda thing that makes supe 'human' long enough for bat to hit him and pop shyt....but that's bullshyt and dont read too much into it cause it was a batman book, so of course he was gonna win......in actuality, there's nothing he really can do.....the fight lasts as long as superman wants cause he doesnt really try to 'fight' bats......watch jl: war movie, that's how a fight between the 2 would go...

Daps
Reppin
NYC
also superman returns was NOTHING like the original donner movie.

superman returns did damage to the character's legacy that is still largely felt today.

a lot of people think superman is a weirdo now. "he's too good". "he doesn't have any personality". you got people gravitating towards the edgier characters and anti-heroes and hating on the "big blue boyscout".

a lot of this sprung up after superman returns.
i knew a girl once who said she didn't like superman cuz she thought he was a homo:wtf:

back then chicks DUG the idea of superman!

christopher reeve's superman was suave. he was a ladie's man. he was cool. he was charming.

back then when you thought of superman you thought of the ultimate alpha male. not no wimpy fakkit.

even the superman in the animated series was gettin it in on the regular.

i commend zach snyder and co. for at least trying to undo all this with MOS but now instead of being thought of as a wimpy fakkit they got ppl thinkin superman is a shy and emotional alien... who just happens to growl when he fights.

Last edited: