The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The difference with tony is the wise cracking which isn't a big deal but your right . Superman gave up any chance to save krypton to save earth and that's not giving his all ?????

naw, tony always has been a wisecraker...he's been hitting people with 1 liners for along time.....it's just they were more assholish than 'ha ha'/good natured ribbing...which they show in the movie, but since downey says it with a smile, people take it as jokes....

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
You mentioned logical humans well a logical human might idk wait to find out the facts before they hate or worship superman . Apparently you'll just hate him for not getting Zod to the desert or space but idk how' you'd even know he can breath in space or what the limits of his powers are because you never dealt with aliens Before . Your trying to apply logic but your using the movie footage which you wouldn't be privy too ! Who would you listen too lois lane who was there and the government or just go off half cocked with conspiracy theories , a logical person would listen to Lois lane
Rational is a better word. And in that respect self preservation wins out. Even with all the facts in tow, you'll know that the aliens wouldn't have come if it weren't for Superman.
Again I have nowhere said anything about the fight taking place in a populated area.
At no point whether under water or in space is he shown having to breathe, it is a reasonable conclusion to come to.
You're confusing my perspective as somebody watching the movie with the vantage of human beings in the movie and I don't really get why.
And its kinda beside the point but why would a logical person listen to the woman seen kissing the dude literally seconds after the destruction has concluded?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this supposed to be a competition between the Marvel and DC's movies to see who's movies can make less sense? :pachaha: Cause I'm not down for that.

Avengers 2 isn't out yet so I can't comment on it.
You've already dismissed b vs s as being able to address any of your issues and it's less than a year away . AOU has been seen screened and reviewed :heh:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
Nah breh you using mos to shyt on bvs a movie you haven't seen yet and keep reinterating the same points that are being refuted by everyone in this thread. Maybe you lack reading comprehension or did you confuse yourself :skip:
If you think that's what I'm doing then indeed you're not very good at reading. As I've said I hope bvs is a good movie but I feel like the events of mos may have hamstrung it.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
You've already dismissed b vs s as being able to address any of your issues and it's less than a year away . AOU has been seen screened and reviewed :heh:
Has it? :leon: I didn't know that.

The comparison isn't helpful anyway, they're trying to do completely different things with their movies so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. I honestly don't see the point in evaluating Marvel movies in relation to DC and vice versa

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
And the reasons I take a lot of issue in the MoS shyt is because the way it's mishandled literally affects the entire movie. And it's funny how you only tell me to let the shyt go when last time I checked there have to be at least two sides to a debate, but apparently the "let it go" shyt only goes for the party that's not on your side, at which point I like to remind you that this debate is only back on fire because in the past few days other people brought it up again starting with that nonsense in the Daredevil thread about it being 'confirmed' that hundreds died in the Avengers battle (which everyone already knew).
:banderas:

DC stans have some weird obsession with marvel. Just get over it, Marvel is winning, focus on DC trying to start their own winning streak :camby:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Can you do a similar still shot of Affleck in the batsuit?
rUo3qMA.jpg

dYbeOXm.jpg

3EaLske.jpg

sjomWz4.jpg

H4fsrph.jpg

3MEe0pg.jpg

Up45ErG.jpg

azU9HFx.jpg

1t0KybT.jpg

4m3qOVF.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Seriously? Are you really thinking this through? all that disaster would be mitigated by "some favorable press?"

"All we know about him is that he's an Alien like the dudes that just tried to kill all of us but he's a nice guy really!!":pachaha:

You're right to point to publicity and perception as key but follow it through. In order to make up for what happened and justify the need for his presence he would at least have to avert a disaster on a similar scale that wasn't at all related to himself.

It would be mighty convenient if the press was able to get footage of Superman flying around saving the day in the midst of all that destruction but as far as we can tell nobody has any way of making heads or tail of what happened besides at a few moments most prominently of which would be the killing of Zod which just serves to add another layer of controversy.
The editor of one of the most respected newspapers in the country and a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist were on site so their first person reporting/editorials would carry some weight. Then you have the people who Zod was trying to kill that resulted in Superman breaking Zod's neck; I am sure they would have been all over the 24 hour news cycle telling their stories.
Then the military, who carried out a very public operation on US soil in broad daylight would have to release some sort of statement about how Superman was working with them to stop Zod and his crew.
There are a ton of ways that Superman becomes beloved by some while reviled by others. I just don't understand why you are having so much trouble seeing this.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
No.
As you sit in a movie theatre watching Superman fly around, you ask yourself what his actions mean to those around him, as you do with any character.

My point is that a because of the nature of what occurred, it is impossible to address these concerns adequately whether they had decided to do it in that movie or in the sequel.
That all sounds like a personal issue that you have when watching the movie then, bruh.