The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
This fukking damage argument again. Jesus Christ:snoop:Superman wasn't fighting red shirt aliens like the Avengers were, he was fighting three other fukking Supermen:what:I swear nikkas intentionally become retards when it comes to arguing this. Three aliens as powerful as Supes were trying to terraform Earth. Three people as powerful as Supes didn't give a single fukk about the loss of human life or property damage. If Clark was fighting Random Alien #34 and resorted to taking said alien to a populated area and causing billions in damage, you idiots might have a point. He was fighting people with godlike powers just like his. He doesn't have the luxury of dictating how the fight is going to go down. The Avengers final battle happened in NY, aka the most densely populated city on Google Earth. Good luck evacuating that in 30 mins. It's not like we see multiple civilians in the scene throughout the final battle, right?:francis: I don't recall anyone trying to lure the aliens to Long Island:francis: fukk it, I'll just quote myself from a long time ago:
Like I said nikkas are being purposely obtuse:russ:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously? Are you really thinking this through? all that disaster would be mitigated by "some favorable press?"

"All we know about him is that he's an Alien like the dudes that just tried to kill all of us but he's a nice guy really!!":pachaha:

You're right to point to publicity and perception as key but follow it through. In order to make up for what happened and justify the need for his presence he would at least have to avert a disaster on a similar scale that wasn't at all related to himself.

It would be mighty convenient if the press was able to get footage of Superman flying around saving the day in the midst of all that destruction but as far as we can tell nobody has any way of making heads or tail of what happened besides at a few moments most prominently of which would be the killing of Zod which just serves to add another layer of controversy.
You know that the avengers situation is technically all their fault too? Thors brother Loki caused the invasion that destroyed the city and Hawkeye under mind control was helping Loki and killing people . Also in tws that's all shields fault that hydra took them over and had those mini helicarriers and the winter solider in the street with mercs having gun fights . Also so far it looks like avengers 2 is all The avengers fault again with all that destruction and robots . Do they get a pass because they are trying to stop it ?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No.
As you sit in a movie theatre watching Superman fly around, you ask yourself what his actions mean to those around him, as you do with any character.

My point is that a because of the nature of what occurred, it is impossible to address these concerns adequately whether they had decided to do it in that movie or in the sequel.
That point is so ridiculous. It can be addressed and will be addressed in the sequel ! What are you talking about :dwillhuh: apparently you would react one way and now you think everyone has to hate superman :snoop: that's so egotistical. Oh no way that point can be addressed !!!

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Breh had 3 super beings basically equal to him fukking up the Earth and nikkas are really asking why he didn't save people :snoop:

Well let's see, he saved everybody in Metropolis after blowing up the terraformer thing, saved some army dudes, saved Lois twice, saved the oil rig dudes, stopped fighting to save a falling pilot etc. and that's off the top of my head, do you really want me to keep going?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It wasn't the end of the world because it was a throwaway moment that only got brought to the spotlight when Nolan fanboys needed every excuse they got to discredit Burton's Batman back when that argument was fully popping. Kinda like Supes throwing a depowered Zod down a deep-ass pit in Superman II. Yes, technically he killed that guy, but in no way does the way that scene plays out compare to the way Supes kills Zod in MoS. I'm not excusing it (other than it being different times), but like in most of my arguments, context is key.

And the reasons I take a lot of issue in the MoS shyt is because the way it's mishandled literally affects the entire movie. And it's funny how you only tell me to let the shyt go when last time I checked there have to be at least two sides to a debate, but apparently the "let it go" shyt only goes for the party that's not on your side, at which point I like to remind you that this debate is only back on fire because in the past few days other people brought it up again starting with that nonsense in the Daredevil thread about it being 'confirmed' that hundreds died in the Avengers battle (which everyone already knew). And again, I don't hear your ass telling any of them to "let the shyt go".

So why don't you do yourself, and subsequently me, a favor and let this shyt go, so I don't have to respond to your ass until the movie comes out. Thankyouverymuch.

Because I'm not in the daredevil thread breh. I said my peace on the show and I was out. You want me to police every forum where someone is talking about a movie? Can't do it. And I don't think those batman moments are throwaway but agree to disagree on that then cause clearly we aren't going to see eye to eye on this

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
That's ridiculous! I'm starting to think you didn't watch the movie man . He went to the government and was willing to assist them and left the planet but that backfired and he then killed his own people for humans . People would want him to be on the earth especially now that they know aliens are real and are stronger more advanced . Also how the hell can they get him to leave if they wanted that ? The mos didn't have to go into the whole earth reaction ( even though they kind of addressed it when Zod was requesting they turn him over ) the story of this movie wasn't that ohh how will humanity react to him after the events of metropolis , that's what bvs s will be .
Yes I didn't watch the movie :comeon:
As far as we know this is the first time in history aliens came to the planet and it happened to be because they were looking for Superman. Any logical human being would want him gone. Since this iteration can apparently breathe in space him leaving shouldn't be too much of an issue. Given what has happened Superman should now be synonymous with disaster, not heroism and they obviously can't follow through on that going forward.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I need to find who this quote belongs to and see the movie with him :wow:

"I want to give the world a little context.

There's actually a movie trailer where Superman is being worshipped as a God, where Neil Tyson is talking about what this means to the scientific community, where people are scared shytless of his existence, and where a statue of Superman has been vandalized with the words "False God", accompanied by the sound of Earthlings chanting "Go home! Go home! Go home!"

Next, we cut to Bruce Wayne staring at the Bat suit, ready to find out who this alien motherfukker is. We hear Alfred warning him not to let his fear turn him cruel. We see the coolest fukking Batman costume ever onscreen.

Then, these two heroes stare each other down. Batman asks "Do you bleed?" and says "You will".

That fukking complete fanboy fantasy just god damned happened and you fukking retards are complaining that it's not a good trailer. That seriously happened. In 2015. You have got to be kidding me. If you didn't think that was fukking awesome, I'm gonna be honest: I have no idea what the fukk you're talking about and I'm pretty sure you don't, either."

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the collateral damage element could have been handled better. In all other iterations he's been hyper-aware of the effects his powers could have on even an individual life and that didn't come through very well but that shyt is a bit of a red herring.

When it comes down to it the biggest mistake they made was they way they used Zod as the first villain. Superman has no time to establish himself as this mythic, benevolent force on the planet before somebody else just like him is trying to destroy it. In fact most humans found out that Superman existed as a result of Zod, so what reason would ordinary people have to lionise him and trust him when the first thing they know about him is that his presence brought invaders and destruction?

The spectacle was great, but it didn't do a good job setting the scene and building goodwill at least on a scale that matched the destruction that introduces him to the world. As a result all the imagery they've put forth of Superman as a godly/ascendant figure feels implausible.
That's not true . A experienced superman had to finish off doomsday in metropolis cause they couldn't stop him outside of town . It's been established in the comics that superman will fight a major fight in metropolis and kill a opponent that can't be stopped . So how can you say every interation? Maybe mods should ban you from this thread and you go start a negative thread

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
You know that the avengers situation is technically all their fault too? Thors brother Loki caused the invasion that destroyed the city and Hawkeye under mind control was helping Loki and killing people . Also in tws that's all shields fault that hydra took them over and had those mini helicarriers and the winter solider in the street with mercs having gun fights . Also so far it looks like avengers 2 is all The avengers fault again with all that destruction and robots . Do they get a pass because they are trying to stop it ?
Is this supposed to be a competition between the Marvel and DC's movies to see who's movies can make less sense? :pachaha: Cause I'm not down for that.

Avengers 2 isn't out yet so I can't comment on it.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
That point is so ridiculous. It can be addressed and will be addressed in the sequel ! What are you talking about :dwillhuh: apparently you would react one way and now you think everyone has to hate superman :snoop: that's so egotistical. Oh no way that point can be addressed !!!
If they're going to be realistic about it then yes. Everybody should fear Superman and want him gone.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well actually Hawkeye should be the wisecracking one lol but your right . Do you remember all the talk of how uninteresting superman was Before the movie and how he was corny and safe and bland unlike batman . Now it's this wasn't safe superman who would never do anything wrong ever !!! Niccas just want to complain

true, hawkeye is a wiseass....

basically, muthafukkas just want to complain to complain....

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
That's not true . A experienced superman had to finish off doomsday in metropolis cause they couldn't stop him outside of town . It's been established in the comics that superman will fight a major fight in metropolis and kill a opponent that can't be stopped . So how can you say every interation? Maybe mods should ban you from this thread and you go start a negative thread
When did I say that Superman wouldn't fight in a city?

An iteration of a character isn't confined to a single issue. Jurgens wrote Superman for nearly the whole of the 90's and I've read most of his run. Are you trying to tell me that in the entirety of it superman wasn't shown being hyper aware of human lives in danger?

Oh grow up you child, if you don't want to debate the issue say so and leave it at that. what kinda dumb groupthink are you trying to push here?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes I didn't watch the movie :comeon:
As far as we know this is the first time in history aliens came to the planet and it happened to be because they were looking for Superman. Any logical human being would want him gone. Since this iteration can apparently breathe in space him leaving shouldn't be too much of an issue. Given what has happened Superman should now be synonymous with disaster, not heroism and they obviously can't follow through on that going forward.
You mentioned logical humans well a logical human might idk wait to find out the facts before they hate or worship superman . Apparently you'll just hate him for not getting Zod to the desert or space but idk how' you'd even know he can breath in space or what the limits of his powers are because you never dealt with aliens Before . Your trying to apply logic but your using the movie footage which you wouldn't be privy too ! Who would you listen too lois lane who was there and the government or just go off half cocked with conspiracy theories , a logical person would listen to Lois lane