The Official ''BATMAN'' Thread (GOAT AFFLECK STILL IN, Haters Eat A Dicc)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Didn't want to make a new thread on this but I'm sure someone will because that's how this plays works :russ:

Anyway Ben is actually on his way out. No word on why or how but Warners is trying to find a way to allow him to gracefully exit according to THR

Ben Affleck's Batman Future in Doubt as Warner Bros. Plots Franchise

Ben Affleck is heading to Comic-Con this weekend to promote Warner Bros.’ upcomingJustice League movie, set for a Nov. 17 release. But how many more times is he likely to put on the Batsuit? Probably not many, if ever again.

Yes, Warners’ film studio chief Toby Emmerich tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Ben is our Batman. We love him as Batman. We want to keep him in the cowl as long as we can." And Matt Reeves, who will direct the studio’s still-undated (and unwritten) The Batman, has said that he means to keep Affleck in the role. But a source with knowledge of the situation says that the studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck’s Batman — gracefully, addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films.

Exactly when and how that might happen has yet to be determined, but it would be wise to bet against Affleck starring in The Batman. Already he has stepped away from directing the film and Reeves is dropping the script that Affleck wrote with D.C. Entertainment’s Geoff Johns.

Reeves also has acknowledged that he has a Batman trilogy rolling around in his head, and given his success making two-thirds of a trilogy out of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and War for the Planet of the Apes, it seems fair to anticipate that Warners will want him to realize his vision.

In addition, Affleck will turn 45 in August, so he would be pushing 50 before The Batman arrives in theaters. If Reeves makes a trilogy, Affleck would be in his mid-50s at best by the time that’s done. Maybe Tom Cruise could pull that off but Affleck’s body hasn’t exactly been a temple.

And while male stars have been able to stretch their action-film relevance further in an age when there are fewer bankable young stars (Robert Downey, Jr. is 52 and going strong as Iron Man), studios favor the fresh-faced — look what happened with Spider-Man, successfully rebooted with 21-year-old Tom Holland. (Affleck also just dropped out of the Netflix project Triple Frontier, and it’s not clear what his next movie will be. His reps declined to comment.)

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Why are they bringing up his age as an excuse? That's not a real issue.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Didn't want to make a new thread on this but I'm sure someone will because that's how this plays works :russ:

Anyway Ben is actually on his way out. No word on why or how but Warners is trying to find a way to allow him to gracefully exit according to THR

I'm confused at this wording, Because their wording made it seem like he will, but everything around it sounds like he wont.

"but it would be wise to bet against Affleck starring in The Batman. Already he has stepped away from directing the film and Reeves is dropping the script that Affleck wrote with D.C. Entertainment’s Geoff Johns."

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wasn't this his dream role?

Why did he take it if he hates the hoopla around the character?

I really don't think it's the hoopla. Again this is just me speculating but the man was just in rehab. I think those demons are stronger than he's letting on in public.

Why are they bringing up his age as an excuse? That's not a real issue.

Think they want to go younger
I'm confused at this wording, Because their wording made it seem like he will, but everything around it sounds like he wont.

"but it would be wise to bet against Affleck starring in The Batman. Already he has stepped away from directing the film and Reeves is dropping the script that Affleck wrote with D.C. Entertainment’s Geoff Johns."

Yeah it's weird. The reporting isn't great because their source is being a bit vague which lets me think it's something personal going on with the man like I said earlier. I've never been addict but I can only assume that shyt ain't easy and one stint in rehab isn't a cure all.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thought the whole point was a rougher older Batman who is tired of everyone's shyt. :yeshrug:

Yeah so did I. But that was a decision made before their new regime took over. The point about Reeves wanting to make a trilogy is right tho. It's not like RDJ who can be iron man without being in the suit. Probably do need someone a bit younger and more nimble for some of that shyt.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

i think its 1 of 2 things.

1) like the article said, his age.. someone said RDJ, but all RDJ does is sit in a cgi suit and talk, being BATMAN mean active and rigorous training work that i doubt Ben can keep up in his 50's depending on how long the DCEU goes on for, that actually makes sense and will give DCEU a chance for a beautiful twist by introducing Batman Beyond or letting Nightwing take the helm while having Ben be a mentor or have him don the Suit ala 'Thomas Wayne' once in a while.

2) he's battling some serious personal demons and will be best for his mental state to leave

either way, the DCEU is actually gaining steam and doing well.. im here for the idiots not to read the article and go full retard

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Also again I really do believe all of this is related to his personal shyt. If it's a choice between leading a franchise and getting yourself together then pick the latter each time. Get your life right and worry about the other shyt later.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i think its 1 of 2 things.

1) like the article said, his age.. someone said RDJ, but all RDJ does is sit in a cgi suit and talk, being BATMAN mean active and rigorous training work that i doubt Ben can keep up in his 50's depending on how long the DCEU goes on for, that actually makes sense and will give DCEU a chance for a beautiful twist by introducing Batman Beyond or letting Nightwing take the helm while having Ben be a mentor or have him don the Suit ala 'Thomas Wayne' once in a while.

2) he's battling some serious personal demons and will be best for his mental state to leave

either way, the DCEU is actually gaining steam and doing well.. im here for the idiots not to read the article and go full retard

Yeah but I'm sure Matt reeves doesn't want to do a batman movie without Bruce Wayne. It'll be interesting to see how this goes in justice league now cause if you're going to transition now is the time for real