The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Could Avengers 4 Be Marvel Studios' Longest Film To Date?

Avengers: Infinity War proved to be quite an epic, uniting the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, as Thanos finally came to Earth to complete his Infinity Gauntlet and reshape the universe. This mammoth storyline, of course, made it no surprise that the film — clocking in at 2 hours and 40 minutes — was Marvel Studios’ longest-running movie to date. However, that could change come Avengers 4 next year, because according to the Russo Brothers, the Infinity War follow-up will outdo its predecessor and most likely be longer; hinting that a 3-hour film could be on the docks.

Avengers 4..... 3 Hour Epic... :ohlawd::krs:

Gonna need a intermission :russ:

I was holding it in halfway thru rhe movie

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No he was going to kill him individually, but Thanos told Tony he would survive the purge.

I don't give a fukk about that other shyt. Yaw go WWE fans when it ain't that serious I don't give a damn what a contract say to guesstimate who live and die. Plus the contract don't mean they will really die just that they could ride off into the sunset.

I take this shyt about as seriously as you do. I ain't picked up a comic in 25 years....I just sat there and watched the movie. I guess paying attention during a movie is WWE shyt because Thanos never said anything like that to Tony. :manny:

Fred.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I take this shyt about as seriously as you do. I ain't picked up a comic in 25 years....I just sat there and watched the movie. I guess paying attention during a movie is WWE shyt because Thanos never said anything like that to Tony. :manny:

Fred.

When's the last time you watched the movie? I watched it the same day I said what I said, and I stand behind it.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Corvus Glave’s staff/knife can cut thru just about anything. He literally can slice atoms! In the comics, he was straight up stabbing Wolverine who has a adamantium skeleton......then later on he was even piercing Hulk’s skin with his blade. So Vision would be lightweight.

It isn't about what homie can do it's about Vision being too OP for him to accomplish it. Vision got smacked around the entire movie, from the first encounter to the last. Him and Scarlet Witch were damsels when they were the most powerful Avengers.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When's the last time you watched the movie? I watched it the same day I said what I said, and I stand behind it.

Twice, once opening night and again a couple weeks ago.

Unless you're talking about this:

You're right but I was thinking about the Stark aspect of it and how Strange exchanged the stone for his safety knowing he was pivotal in the winning scenario. It would've been pointless to make that trade and then have Tony still be susceptible to the snap.

I took it as Thanos keeping his word that he wouldn't kill Tony, or it could simply be that Strange knew Tony wouldn't be a casualty of the snap from his vision. It gets kinda muddy at that point, could be either.

Nah, because that's suggesting Thanos could control who lived or died during the snap....which would defeat the purpose of it. It was meant to be 100% nondiscriminatory....his original plan was to kill off half of Titan randomly....rich, poor, popular, outcast, whatever. Thanos feels like he's doing a good deed because it's random....if he starts picking and choosing who dies then it undermines his whole ideology.

As far as Tony Stark....it's possible he's so important that Strange risked everything to save his life, because the 1 winning scenario involved him....it's also equally likely that letting Thanos win is the only way he loses because in the comics he always does that. He's so obsessed with his "mission" and how important it is he picks apart and over thinks everything to the point that he basically fukks up his own wins. You basically give him what he wants, then sit back and let him undo it.

Fred.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Twice, once opening night and again a couple weeks ago.

Unless you're talking about this:

Yup Thanos said he would survive. Plus picking who lives and dies doesn't mean it's discriminatory, especially from someone who considers himself a deity.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Ok goofy nikka. It's a coincidence given what Thanos said, Tony survived. And Thanos daughter survived, and Captain A survived after proving he was a real nikka.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Avengers 4 definitely needs to be at least 3 hours.

I may need to either just wear a diaper or hook up a catheter cause I don't want to miss any scenes. Or maybe I'll just dehydrate myself :jbhmm: decisions decisions
My thoughts exactly. I literally ran to the bathroom and ran back it happens every time :dead:

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Yup Thanos said he would survive.

When did this happen? I've seen it twice and all I saw Thanos say to Stark is that hopefully Stark will be remembered, right before he was about to kill him (before Strange intervened)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
My thoughts exactly. I literally ran to the bathroom and ran back it happens every time :dead:
Yeah, I missed what Thor and Rocket talked about due to a bathroom break. I heard that Thor cried. :mjcry:
My life is just extremely busy right now. I haven't been able to go to a second viewing. Shyt my first viewing I had to cancel on friends and then go alone to a 12:30 AM joint. FML, this 3 day weekend can't come soon enough and I still have a lot of shyt I have to do.:snoop:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Yeah, I missed what Thor and Rocket talked about due to a bathroom break. I heard that Thor cried. :mjcry:
My life is just extremely busy right now. I haven't been able to go to a second viewing. Shyt my first viewing I had to cancel on friends and then go alone to a 12:30 AM joint. FML, this 3 day weekend can't come soon enough and I still have a lot of shyt I have to do.:snoop:
Me and you both haven’t been able to see it a 2nd time yet either :damn:

Makin time to go Friday though it’s a must

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Rocket asked him who he has in his life and he said no one. Everyone is dead. Thor said if Thanos kills him he doesn't care, what more does he have left to lose?
He didn't cry he tried to joke it off and smile....and couldn't. That little half smile went away fast as fukk. :mjcry:

Fred.