The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
What Happened to Scarlet Witch’s Accent?
Wanda Maximoff, AKA Scarlet Witch, was introduced in Age of Ultron as a Sokovian orphan with a heavy Eastern European accent and even heavier eyeliner. Wanda has since lightened up on the eyeliner, and curiously, the accent as well. In the three years between Avengers: Infinity War and Age of Ultron, Wanda seems to have barely a hint of an accent — and even in Captain America: Civil War, her accent is a little weaker. Is this because of actress Elizabeth Olsen‘s dialect laziness or a story choice? Turns out it’s the latter, the Russo brothers revealed on Josh Horowitz’s Happy Sad Confused podcast:

We have intentionally tried to strip that accent away for a couple of reasons. One is you’ll notice at the beginning of Civil War that Black Widow is training her to be a spy, and two is she’s been on the run, and one of the most distinguishing characteristics that she has is her accent. So if you’re gonna try to disguise yourself or hide yourself or not be caught, you’re going to try to limit those trigger warnings that would make it easy for someone to identify you, which would be inclusive of her accent. Clearly Black Widow as a red head is an incredibly distinguishing characteristic for her, which is why she has blonde hair. Cap, we’ve seen Chris Evans walk around in public with a beard and no one recognizes him. There are simple things you can do to your appearance that take about 90% of your visibility away, and for us it was very intentional that we would just keep stripping that accent down to show her acclimating and hiding.”

Okay, we’ll buy it. Plus, Natasha is a Russian spy who has no trace of her original accent, so she would certainly be the best person to teach Wanda to phase out her accent. But I wouldn’t be surprised if this choice was partly because of Olsen — those “r’s” are hard to roll all the time.

Welp... case closed folks..... guess this cant be nitpicked no more:sas2:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
In the words of Maria Hill, "she's weird" :francis:

But her powers are basically psychic energy along with telepathy and mind manipulation. I'm still hoping for her and doctor strange to meet so he can clarify that it's chaotic magic.

Probability is out the window then.

I figured she was some type of telekinetic with beams.

Wong still chilling they probably gonna join up.

Red bands of Cyttorak
:wow:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
PlS1lPP.jpg
Oh you trippin trippin
full

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I just had a idea:

What if the stones were never meant to be brought together? What if Thanos is right and the universe is meant to be balanced and ironically what that means is what he did must be undone. So the universe works to help the remaining Avengers tip the scales back. Like he was actually right but it means what he did was really wrong. It'd be cool if Gamora's words about the universe judging him actually came to pass.

That happened in the comics.

Thanos ended up kicking the Universe's ass, literally.

Noah

All Star
Daps
Went and saw the movie last night... God damn brehs.

Really didn't like how they did Hulk though. Like yeah it makes sense that they wanted to flesh out Banner a little more as a hero in his own right and comic book Hulk can be OP as fukk but come on. A character whose most prominent traits are limitless endurance, raw physical strength, and regeneration got worked in like a minute flat? shyt was weak, even if Thanos is that powerful
pl3u1iHgchKVDdRCZ0d-Xhpd9Mq8ibXgfXDTKm61_EauvGhnmkqtkJeT-pmsX46grbCA1STwvbImzr0zsZIcrTiTox_o4ng0rXDaiVs4Zrwo4uUMOEDpciHdZ0vp0SoklGEZ766e

Speaking of Thanos, amazingly well-done. Caught myself sympathizing with him and somewhat understanding his intentions at points, which, if you're trying to create a great villain (like Magneto) and evoking those thoughts from your audience, you're doing it right. I'm not well-read on the Infinity Gauntlet series or any comic book lore involving Thanos, so I'm not sure how he can lose. Can anyone who knows this stuff give insight?

Thor and Dr. Strange in particular being done right were huge positive points. The way Quill was written, he could've stood to fukk off at several times throughout the movie but it's cool. Casting on point throughout every single phase; Marvel is really winning. Thought it was a little bit :francis: that T'Challa's death scene was so abrupt compared to Spider-Man's, but ultimately his (T'Challa's) death scene was still profound. "This is no place to die."
xq-eL9TktjGanSyL3-txVSiCkAdR9VBPkFqM8n6P3BU23-iRGiPZywWp5HjSA04nwbTOY-EJUSXo086KmVtzstGirA_oQMT7dMavYQZUXfjHnS8r8Dio4MzD_RW2YOeoLb8pUu70

Given the complexity and sheer size of the plot, the context of every movie leading up to Infinity War, and how well it was executed, this movie is an instant classic. Might have to see it again because fukk it.

Last edited:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Went and saw the movie last night... God damn brehs.

Really didn't like how they did Hulk though. Like yeah it makes sense that they wanted to flesh out Banner a little more as a hero in his own right and comic book Hulk can be OP as fukk but come on. A character whose most prominent traits are limitless endurance, raw physical strength, and regeneration got worked in like a minute flat? shyt was weak, even if Thanos is that powerful
pl3u1iHgchKVDdRCZ0d-Xhpd9Mq8ibXgfXDTKm61_EauvGhnmkqtkJeT-pmsX46grbCA1STwvbImzr0zsZIcrTiTox_o4ng0rXDaiVs4Zrwo4uUMOEDpciHdZ0vp0SoklGEZ766e

Speaking of Thanos, amazingly well-done. Caught myself sympathizing with him and somewhat understanding his intentions at points, which, if you're trying to create a great villain (like Magneto) and evoking those thoughts from your audience, you're doing it right. I'm not well-read on the Infinity Gauntlet series or any comic book lore involving Thanos, so I'm not sure how he can lose. Can anyone who knows this stuff give insight?

Thor and Dr. Strange in particular being done right were huge positive points. The way Quill was written, he could've stood to fukk off at several times throughout the movie but it's cool. Casting on point throughout every single phase; Marvel is really winning. Thought it was a little bit :francis: that T'Challa's death scene was so abrupt compared to Spider-Man's, but ultimately his (T'Challa's) death scene was still profound. "This is no place to die."
xq-eL9TktjGanSyL3-txVSiCkAdR9VBPkFqM8n6P3BU23-iRGiPZywWp5HjSA04nwbTOY-EJUSXo086KmVtzstGirA_oQMT7dMavYQZUXfjHnS8r8Dio4MzD_RW2YOeoLb8pUu70

Given the complexity and sheer size of the plot, the context of every movie leading up to Infinity War, and how well it was executed, this movie is an instant classic. Might have to see it again because fukk it.

That Hulk hasnt really been shown in MCU, so yeah not surprising he got that work

LDThaGod

All Star
Daps
Reppin
3rd Coast
Great Movie, Great Story, Great Hero Moments and a Great Villian....the Aura Thanos gave off was chilling, every time he was on screen with a hero I thought aww fukk somebody about to die...Starlord being jealous shyt was weak and pointless...Thor wasn’t evening checking for Gamora at all so it felt forced, that’s really my only gripe with the movie....wishful thinking tho I wish we could’ve got a shot of Luke Cage or somebody from the Netflix shows looking up and seeing the space ships from the black order...just to connect the universe a lil more