The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Finally saw it.

Overall impressions were positive. I LOVED how Thanos wrecked shop from beginning to end. Just straight posterizing the heroes and made Hulk his bytch.

I like how they made one of the LEAST popular MCU heroes the MVP. They did a great job with Thor.

Thor and Star Lord need to be the duo in the next Thor movie ala Thor/Hulk in Ragnarok.

Of course everyone who knows me knows i’m mainly in it for Black Panther. And even though his screen time was short, I felt he was handled very well. He wasn’t nerfed and he was given respect by all the heroes who set foot in his Kingdom. Fiege needs to send Ryan Coogler a HEFTY thank you bag for casting Danai, Leticia, and Winston because scenes really soar whenever they are featured.

With that said as I was watching the movie I couldn’t help but be made aware of how little, besides Panther, I actually CARED about any of the characters. I didn’t feel anything at all for Tony’s plight and he started the MCU. Wasn’t hit hard by any of the deaths besides Panther, and even though the ending was VERY well done (gotta love an ending that has everyone else in the theater looking like:mjcry:) I wasn’t caught up in anticipation for AV4.

So I know now that I won’t be seeing anymore solo movies in theaters besides BP and Dr. Strange sequels (Cumberbatch is probably the B E S T example of MCU casting next to RDJ and Chadwicke) the rest i’ll Just catch on Netflix whenever i’m Having a boring day.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he was going light on Strange. Doc Strange is just that nikka. Master of the mystical arts plehboi :birdman:
Strange is that dude but from my perspective it be lookin like Thanos fights fairly until he gets pissed off

Once they basically jumped his ass and almost got the Gauntlet off by puttin him in a trance bruh was like F it I’m throwing a moon at these dudes lol

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_p8010pRBSy1wirf8ho1_540.png

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
but bucky had his arm in WS....i'm gettin confused by when bucky got his arm and then had the fallout with Captain America before they rekindled their friendship....:patrice:
Tricky timeline but are you talking about the first arm he had? If I remember correctly WS was in 2014. Civil War was in 2016 when he lost it and chilled in Wakanda for 2 years and has his vibranum arm now in IW.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i remember people saying marvel movies didn't have memorable music :heh:

GOAT comic book movie end credits scene ever too :myman:

Honestly, the trailer music was far and away better than what was in the film for the most part. Was hoping that thanos would get his own theme from the trailer.:mjcry:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

I don't know about all that breh. You're talking about altering the consciousness of every living thing in the universe. "Everyone is equal" sounds awesome but if everyone considers each other equal then they don't have free will.

I'm not saying it's "wipe out half the universe or nothing" but there's nothing to indicate the Infinity Gauntlet can be used for such a specific purpose. Just like earlier in the thread, someone said "why can't Thanos just use the Reality Stone to make endless food and resources"....that's not how the Reality Stone works, either. You gotta be able to visualize every minute detail of whatever you're creating....only people with genius level intelligence can really make use of it. Which makes what Thanos did on Knowhere all the more impressive.

Anyway I'm kinda rambling but my point is, you couldn't create endless food from the Reality Stone. It would take an endless amount of time to think about.

Fred.

Right. Which is why the mind gem would be a more feasible route. Again, I'm not saying that I think he's a bad character for it. This is an issue I've had with the Infinity Gems/Stones since the comics.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Stark was doing well for a minute but Thanos dropped him and it was a wrap. If it was a boxing match the ref would have stepped in. Tony took maybe 7-8 consecutive shots, helmet flying off, armor damaged, then Thanos stuck him with his own shyt. Tony was dead if Strange didn't give up the time stone. :manny:

Uhhh... You could make the same statement for every hero that went up against Thanos. The only nikkas to make him bleed deer Thor and Iron Man.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Tricky timeline but are you talking about the first arm he had? If I remember correctly WS was in 2014. Civil War was in 2016 when he lost it and chilled in Wakanda for 2 years and has his vibranum arm now in IW.

OK... THATS where I was getting lost. I forgot he is on his 2nd arm.... Makes sense now.... g/l.... :myman:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Strange is that dude but from my perspective it be lookin like Thanos fights fairly until he gets pissed off

Once they basically jumped his ass and almost got the Gauntlet off by puttin him in a trance bruh was like F it I’m throwing a moon at these dudes lol
thanos would've been a fool to not use the stones fighting Dr. Strange. He would've lost easily.