The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
He's the Mad Titan, not the "maybe there's a more humane option :jbhmm: " Titan.
people forgetting He had Gamora and Nebula fight each other all the time and when Nebula lost, replaced a part of her body till she was like half robot. he could have done all the stuff people are saying, but he's a a$$hole who's down with genocide.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Half of Asguardians being alive from the ship feels like such a cop out. So Thanos comes and wrecks shyt and allows half the ship to leave?

That's a nitpick of mine but it feels like an easy, cheap way to keep certain people alive. :camby:

Let's assume a shyt ton of Asgardians died while Hela was there...

Then even more died when the Asgard blew up...

Then Thanos comes and kills half of the Asgardians on the ship...

Then gets all the stones and kills half of the half of the survivors he let live before...

So there should be like, what...4 Asgardians left or some shyt, right?:Mjblessed:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Thanos philosophy is interesting but extremely flawed. You have a reality warping gauntlet is creating the necessary resources that much harder as opposed to destroying half the universe?

It actually is. You can easily wish away half the reasoning life in the universe. Let's say you wish to end hunger are you just going to create more animals? If so where are all these animals going, do cows just start showing up on the streets? Do vegetables just start falling out the sky? How do you fix the financial systems of every civilization so that nobody is poor? You just putting money in everyone's bank account? Now take into account that you need to consider those and many more scenarios for every civilization in the universe.

Its a lot easier to just erase people.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
So in other word this mad man's plan doesn't make sense?:skip:

:manny: There are plenty of villains who's plans make sense. Killmonger's plan, for as misguided as it was, made perfect sense from a military point of view. Activate your sleeper cells, arm the rebels (i.e. black people) with superior weaponry, establish YOUR figure heads...boom Planet Wakanda. Literally Earth's armies would have stood no chances outside of prolly nuking Wakanda...which I'm sure Shuri would have thought of and some contingency would have already been in place even in her absence.

Someone asked this same question way earlier in the thread and I said:

His original plan was to kill off half of Titan to save the rest. "The snap" is just the continuation of that. :manny:

Fred.

I don't think it woulda been that far fetched to have Thanos have a more benevolent purpose and not just twisted raw mathematics. But again, I understand the choice from a dramatic/film perspective. A person with the fully powered Gauntlet is literally only hindered by their own imagination...he literally could have created a mental balance in all sentient beings in the universe because of the Mind + Power Stones. "Everyone is equal and you will not over use your resources...*SNAP*."

:manny:

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s wild to me how in a way Quill’s actions basically led to Thanos wiping out half the universe. He loved Gamora that much that even in the face of victory he couldn’t stop himself from getting revenge. Having gone through a breakup recently their whole relationship had me like :mjcry: throughout their scenes together, that part especially. Maybe the most emotionally wrenching scene in the whole movie for me aside from Parker and Stark at the end.

Sorry brehs had to neg you here gotta think big always

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Just watched it now.......
Thanos did it :mjcry:

IIpbrF9.gif

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Cap was using all his strength to basically hold Thanos back from casually pushing his hand forward. That's why he pulled out the other hand and shoo fly'd him to the side

Thanos was gonna let his glove do the balancing. He had fun fukking Hulk up. You never have an ant on you that you just kinda blow away instead of smush?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Just got back from a late night screening. Damn brehs, why they have to do young Peter Parker like that? He's just a child for cryin out loud :to:

Don’t blame Marvel or Thanos..... for 2-3 years now all your little coli brothers been whining about is “Bu Bu Bu Bu Bu Bu Bu but I want him to kill people, people need to die!”:sadcam:

Welp be careful what you ask for cuz Mouse does listen and Mouse will oblige :mjgrin:

Now it’s gonna be hilarious when cats find out which ones are indeed permanent:lolbron:

When Feigie releases that press release that Spider-Man 2 has been cancelled and removed from the schedule :wow:

But hey....... atleast he can continue his “friendly neighborhood Spider-Manning” in the Venom-verse:troll:

Marvel :emshhhh:
Sony:CageUmad:

Fans:what:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like he was overseeing his version of Titan.

Titan is destroyed.... erasing half of existence isn’t gonna lead to his version of Titan if it’s already uninhabited

I think he’s on Gamora’s home world... the one he mentioned is a paradise now which would tie into to his emotions for her

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:manny: There are plenty of villains who's plans make sense. Killmonger's plan, for as misguided as it was, made perfect sense from a military point of view. Activate your sleeper cells, arm the rebels (i.e. black people) with superior weaponry, establish YOUR figure heads...boom Planet Wakanda. Literally Earth's armies would have stood no chances outside of prolly nuking Wakanda...which I'm sure Shuri would have thought of and some contingency would have already been in place even in her absence.

I don't think it woulda been that far fetched to have Thanos have a more benevolent purpose and not just twisted raw mathematics. But again, I understand the choice from a dramatic/film perspective. A person with the fully powered Gauntlet is literally only hindered by their own imagination...he literally could have created a mental balance in all sentient beings in the universe because of the Mind + Power Stones. "Everyone is equal and you will not over use your resources...*SNAP*."

:manny:

Ok but to piggyback off Ua
who has now answered that question SEVERAL times now in here

Moving on to another question...

“But why?”

Maybe he could’ve done all that........ but why?

The story being told.... is the story that’s been told.... but just repurposed for live action.

If you don’t have to “Watchman” your movie....... then why tamper?

Too many people loved the comics and that’s a big drawing point to the movie.... and to the ones that never read it. That’s the fun and exciting point for them now is to go back and read it.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Half of Asguardians being alive from the ship feels like such a cop out. So Thanos comes and wrecks shyt and allows half the ship to leave?

That's a nitpick of mine but it feels like an easy, cheap way to keep certain people alive. :camby:

2 words

“Escape”

“Pods”

I dont think it’s a stretch to assume like in every space disaster situation when they were under attack Thor telling Valkyrie & Korg

Thor- Get as many as you can off to safety, we’ll hold them off for as long as we can!

Valkyrie- But I’m a warrior, I don’t run I—

Thor- We don’t have time for this Asgard must live on

Something to the effect of that.......

Wow...... now you see Marvel haters that loved to pop them dumb ass jokes. This is solid proof for how sometimes you need that “spoonfed drizel”

Take y’all collective L’s..... Mouse has been validated:emshhhh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Ok but to piggyback off Ua
who has now answered that question SEVERAL times now in here

Moving on to another question...

“But why?”

Maybe he could’ve done all that........ but why?

The story being told.... is the story that’s been told.... but just repurposed for live action.

If you don’t have to “Watchman” your movie....... then why tamper?

Too many people loved the comics and that’s a big drawing point to the movie.... and to the ones that never read it. That’s the fun and exciting point for them now is to go back and read it.

I've read the books and seen the film...I love em both. Doesn't mean I can't still be critical of the motivations of the antagonist.