The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I'm jealous of yall who were able to immerse yourselves that much.

The deaths were extremely well done, but none of them affected me emotionally because immediately my next thought was "okay, so how are they going to bring these guys back?" Cuz we know damn well Black Panther and Spider-Man have no chance of dying. So to me it came off as a cute ballsy move that was a unique thing moreso than an emotional thing.

Casual fans who aren't aware about the next one, the fact that business demands Black Panther live to see another day, etc are the real winners this weekend. Imagine being a kid, not know any better, and really think Spider Man, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther were dead. I'd be beside myself.

The only three deaths that really meant anything to me was Gamora(unsure if she will be brought back), Ebony Maw (because he was the MAN) and Vision.

I didn't feel much for Loki because to me his time was over with and he'd gotten away with being an a$$hole for way too long.

I know everything you mentioned & it still hit me in the chest.:francis:

I wouldn't be able to enjoy any film, book, theatrical stage piece, television series if I can't immerse myself in the moment.:yeshrug:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Only think I didn't like is how they did the 2 marvel characters I stanned growing up. t'challa was basically an extra and Hulk got jobbed out something serious. Its been discussed to death, but the way they did Hulk was lazy writing to get Hulk out of the main fight.

It hurt my heart.
:mjcry:

Its the exact opposite of lazy writing. I actually enjoyed that they are trying to tell a story with the Hulk even though he won't be getting his own movies. Showing some actual character development instead of just 100% Hulk smash. I'm interested in how Banner and Hulk reconcile in the next movie.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Its the exact opposite of lazy writing. I actually enjoyed that they are trying to tell a story with the Hulk even though he won't be getting his own movies. Showing some actual character development instead of just 100% Hulk smash. I'm interested in how Banner and Hulk reconcile in the next movie.
Someone will die because he didn't Hulk out

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
man i hate theater overlaughing and shyt, but i love this. wish my theater was like this. i wanted people to cheer... i mean, i wasn't going to, but i was cheering on the inside, goddammit.

when "SPACE" came up on screen and that music kicked in, when Cap stepped out of the shadows, when BP said "Wakanda Forever" and his mask came on leading the troops, when Strange multiplied, when Thor returned. i wanted to mark the fukk out on all of those.
Saw it in a sold out 600-seat IMAX theater...we cheered at every scene you mentioned :wow:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy knowing how well this movie has performed, but it's even funnier seeing people trying SO HARD to turn people against these movies.

For example, for whatever reason, The Ringer REALLY doesn't like this movie. Got folks out here nitpicking trailers and shyt :mjlol:

PSA: The Marvel Trailers Are Lying to You

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That final scene where Thanos is just sitting down pondering and looking at what he accomplished, made me legit smirk.

It’s like about damn time the heel goes over
1325c09fd1862321cd9d2e6a93d50799.png

Need a gif of Thanos in that scene with a "Make The Galaxy Great Again" hat on and a Colt 45 :laff: