The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Am I the only one who found it strange that Dr. Strange gave up the stone so easily? He barely knew Tony and he has dedicated his life to protecting the stone. Yet he handed it over so easily to spare Tony's life. shyt made no sense.

Also he looked into a million possible future variations and the avengers only won against Thanos in 1 future. So......why didn't they explore that further?

You ever think what's going on right now IS the scenario where they win?:sas2:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Yeah and I agree. If you’re a kid then yeah this got you. I just got a text my little nephew screamed at the screen and said it can’t end like that :russ: his dad is a better man than me cause I would’ve laughed and rubbed it in

A kid legit yelled out, “this is some sucker shyt” :damn: when the endings rolled

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
:picard::huhldup: The Way Hulk got Washed first 10 mins into the movies. Thanos had The Hulk looking like
AwBX9E.gif
Tommy Morrison When he went up against Ray Mercer.:russ::mjlol: Had the whole theatre :dwillhuh::damn::sadcam:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
To y'all that seen the movie: Where do ya'll rank Thanos amongst the other villains in the MCU?
Best MCU villain man. Killmonger and Loki are classic villains, but they failed. Thanos won and smiled as the sun rose on his victory.

Yaddam Yussein

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There’s no such thing as a perfect movie, but I’m giving this a 5/5 :wow:
It opened up with nikkas getting bodied (Rip my nikka Idris) :mjcry:
It kept my attention during the whole movie. I wasn’t bored or tired at all.
Thanos was that nikka :whew:
Iron Spider suit :blessed:
Iron man had to be my favorite character in the movie
They did my boy Black Panther dirty :sadbron:

My Uber driver said he didn’t like it because Captain America looked homeless and there was too much going on :martin::deadmanny:
Said he was gonna watch Avengers 4 on fire stick :dead:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You ever think what's going on right now IS the scenario where they win?:sas2:

The most likely scenario is Tony will figure out something that allows them to win and they reverse the snap.

But when I’m in an overthinking mood....It really depends on what Strange considers a win. Maybe no matter what, Thanos gets the time stone and he makes it to Wakanda and the snap happens. Sparing Tony will be important for protecting the earth once half of the heroes are gone. Maybe half of the population surviving is the best possible scenario.

Maybe they deny giving Thanos the time stone and he makes it to Wakanda and Wanda destroys the mind stone. I’m sure at that point he would probably snap and fukk up everything. Maybe he kills everyone for fukking up his entire life’s purpose.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Am I the only one who found it strange that Dr. Strange gave up the stone so easily? He barely knew Tony and he has dedicated his life to protecting the stone. Yet he handed it over so easily to spare Tony's life. shyt made no sense.

Also he looked into a million possible future variations and the avengers only won against Thanos in 1 future. So......why didn't they explore that further?

That small detail and mystery was all that is/was needed and a small brilliant out for marvel.
It is the beauty of this film franchise to make itself stand alone from the comics. As the infinity guantlet as all crossovers in comics were such a let down.
That this film surpasses and all the issues of the marvel crossover. While also fixing and simplifying key aspect that lead to marvel's demise and eventual sell to Disney. Where marvel, unlike dc paid attention to detail and their errors. Then fixed those errors in their legacy revisiting and fan service based aspects of their film franchises.

Where they actually up'd quality and also wrote themselves simple solutions. To corporate internal sabotage jon bryne provided when he visited up'n scarlet witch as a character/villain/hero. Plus ruining the original compromise based medium originally to close out the pym series of content and roll it into the avengers mythology via the west coast avengers.

Kudos to marvel for actually LISTENING, TO THEIR MISTAKES AMD THE FANBASE.
PLUS FIXING THE MISTAKES WITH KEEN CONFIDENCE AS WELL.

Marvel just killed dc forever.

Art Barr

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it:wow:

I had the original Infinity Gauntlet books. Matter of fact my dad was cleaning the crib and asked me what I wanted to do with my boxes of comics. I went over there and dug through everything and those books were the only ones I struggled to throw away.

Over two decades since I first flipped those pages and Marvel knocked it out the park. They nailed Thanos. He's always been terrifying, cunning, but there's always been a level of humanity to him. Tossing Gomorra off the cliff while being emotionally torn was perfect:to:

The fights were epic. They really know how to display powers especially Ebony Maw and Strange. Loved all the weapons Iron Man was pulling from the suit.

The ending:wow: . They had me thinking Thanos failed after Scarlet destroyed the stone:blessed:. I forgot he had the time stone:snoop:. Thor with the save:gladbron:. What that was flash:lupe: ? Thanos what did you do?:merchant:

That was gut wrenching. Thanos smiling and the credits rolling had everyone like:dwillhuh::gucci::sadcam::mindblown:

tenor.gif

Black Panther wasn't in the top spot for long. Infinity War is the #1 comic book movie to me.

10/10