The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hulk is the way he is in MCU because of the Universal connection

They don't want to give so much shine to a character they don't completely own cinematically

That's why we haven't had a solo hulk movie in 10 years and why he gets the hands put on him and embarrassed

But he's a fan favorite so it's a rock and a hard place

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The one question that I'm surprised no one is thinking about asking now is..... what could the title for Avengers 4 be now?:ohhh:

I think it will probably be called Infinity Gauntlet. If they would've gave the title away, it would've spoiled the fact that Thanos assembles it at the end of this movie. It's the Final movie and they said it would changed the MCU forever, so they wanted people to digest the fact that Thanos indeed assembles the gauntlet and wipes out 1/2 the universe.

Daps
Irony? That's when I got taken out of the scene. Like I was right there in the shock moment with everyone else and then he started to go and I went from :ohhh: to :stopitslime: in a "snap" because his movie is already announced. Like I know I'm getting a spider-man movie next summer and I really wish I didn't know all that shyt. Like I wish Marvel hadn't announced any movie past Avengers 4 and just let that shyt stand. Of course that's impossible with the way movies are made today and all that but to be on some wrestling shyt, I wish they kayfabed a bit more.

And while I understand the symmetry and poetic nature of having the original avengers be the ones who have to fight the battle and win the day and the "one last ride" aspect, the ending would've hit me harder had some of them vanished as well. Because then I wouldn't have known what the deal was and would've been really confused and lost.

And you're right, it's definitely the empire strikes back moment and it works for that reasoning. BUT, in 1980, you didn't know a Star Wars sequel was coming; Return of the Jedi wasn't announced before Empire came out and it wasn't a guarantee. So imagine being a kid in '80 and seeing Empire and having no clue what was going to happen after that. For all you knew, that was it; Luke lost a hand, Vader is his dad, and that's the end of the story. Sequels and franchises weren't really a thing at that time so it was easier to do what they did in Infinity War and actually have even someone like me shook, a guy who understands comics but also the business of Hollywood. THAT would be phenomenal

:ehh: I understand. Guess our timing is a gift and curse for these movies. We witness stories and scenes we never imagined would be on the big screen but are too old to believe in the “hollywood magic.” Doesn’t work when you not only see the guy behind the curtain but know his next 3 moves.

I guess Parker biting the dust got to me bc a)im a fan as well and b)the lines Tom Holland was given to sell it. Plus killing kids scenes are always hard for me. You’re right bout the og avengers. As im watching, everyone but them go its like :francis:.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ehh: I understand. Guess our timing is a gift and curse for these movies. We witness stories and scenes we never imagined would be on the big screen but are too old to believe in the “hollywood magic.” Doesn’t work when you not only see the guy behind the curtain but know his next 3 moves.

I guess Parker biting the dust got to me bc a)im a fan as well and b)the lines Tom Holland was given to sell it. Plus killing kids scenes are always hard for me. You’re right bout the og avengers. As im watching, everyone but them go its like :francis:.

Yeah it’s no diss to him at all. He did great. Seen it twice and the second time I was able to take it in and he’s perfect in that shyt and I felt for him. It’s just like you said we get to see the guy behind the curtain now so we don’t believe in the great and powerful oz now.

Daps
when he tried to soothe wanda's pain at the end and called her child and I think stroked her head :wow:

like a strict dad explaining to his kids the importance of discipline and sacrifice :mjcry:

You’re right but i think i would have died there. Ain’t nobody who ain’t actually pops gonna whoop my ass and talk to me about it while doing so. Lol

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Irony? That's when I got taken out of the scene. Like I was right there in the shock moment with everyone else and then he started to go and I went from :ohhh: to :stopitslime: in a "snap" because his movie is already announced. Like I know I'm getting a spider-man movie next summer and I really wish I didn't know all that shyt. Like I wish Marvel hadn't announced any movie past Avengers 4 and just let that shyt stand. Of course that's impossible with the way movies are made today and all that but to be on some wrestling shyt, I wish they kayfabed a bit more.

And while I understand the symmetry and poetic nature of having the original avengers be the ones who have to fight the battle and win the day and the "one last ride" aspect, the ending would've hit me harder had some of them vanished as well. Because then I wouldn't have known what the deal was and would've been really confused and lost.

And you're right, it's definitely the empire strikes back moment and it works for that reasoning. BUT, in 1980, you didn't know a Star Wars sequel was coming; Return of the Jedi wasn't announced before Empire came out and it wasn't a guarantee. So imagine being a kid in '80 and seeing Empire and having no clue what was going to happen after that. For all you knew, that was it; Luke lost a hand, Vader is his dad, and that's the end of the story. Sequels and franchises weren't really a thing at that time so it was easier to do what they did in Infinity War and actually have even someone like me shook, a guy who understands comics but also the business of Hollywood. THAT would be phenomenal

Great discussion here. I completely agree. I remember watching Empire and leaving the theatre devastated. It was awesome. If I had known there would be a ROTJ coming, not sure it would have had the same impact.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Great discussion here. I completely agree. I remember watching Empire and leaving the theatre devastated. It was awesome. If I had known there would be a ROTJ coming, not sure it would have had the same impact.

See I’m younger than you so I saw empire when the whole trilogy was completed and I had the 20th anniversary box set. Also the Simpsons spoiled the ending for me:russ:

The closest I got to that feeling is the cliffhanger with the matrix reloaded. And that was just because I had no clue what the hell just happened and how it happened and where Neo was and how he’d come back etc...BUT once again they’d already announced the third movie was coming before the second movie even came out. Pirates did the same thing, announcing the third movie before the second movie drops.

It’s almost as if studios tell us part three is coming as a way to soften the blow for their part two cliffhangers. Like they want to pacify us so we don’t freak out and cry and the pacifier is coming we just need to be patient. It would be cool for a studio to go against that trend now and just let the second act cliffhanger stand on its own, release it, and then announced act 3 months later

Daps

I was two years too late for that experience. Even if Avengers 4 has the shock value of more permanent deaths of characters the magic is still lost knowing about contracts ending and such. Preparation has been there. Although it wasn’t a true ESB moment for us, I saw quite a few children’s tears of innocence. They had that moment so i gotta :salute:Marvel for restoring the feeling for some.

Daps
See I’m younger than you so I saw empire when the whole trilogy was completed and I had the 20th anniversary box set. Also the Simpsons spoiled the ending for me:russ:

The closest I got to that feeling is the cliffhanger with the matrix reloaded. And that was just because I had no clue what the hell just happened and how it happened and where Neo was and how he’d come back etc...BUT once again they’d already announced the third movie was coming before the second movie even came out. Pirates did the same thing, announcing the third movie before the second movie drops.

It’s almost as if studios tell us part three is coming as a way to soften the blow for their part two cliffhangers. Like they want to pacify us so we don’t freak out and cry and the pacifier is coming we just need to be patient. It would be cool for a studio to go against that trend now and just let the second act cliffhanger stand on its own, release it, and then announced act 3 months later

Go against the trend? What is this madness you speak of?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

But thats kind of a choice though....

Like we the audience have to choose to stay in the pocket and respect the movie for what it at that moment is trying to accomplish and not get distracted.

Just like we accepted from jump;

Ok there are Gods who come across Aliens, who attacked them, with one human on the ship and all along EVERYONE speaks perfect english and evidently there is the environment on said ship is perfect for humans to survive.

Not to mention there is magic

And technology unseen to our world but no one blinks an eye in theirs​

Among many other things that we accept and stay in the pocket with this movie and any movie on a moment to moment, movie to movie basis. If that makes sense to you.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was two years too late for that experience. Even if Avengers 4 has the shock value of more permanent deaths of characters the magic is still lost knowing about contracts ending and such. Preparation has been there. Although it wasn’t a true ESB moment for us, I saw quite a few children’s tears of innocence. They had that moment so i gotta :salute:Marvel for restoring the feeling for some.

Yeah which is why I applaud it. I’m pretty sure most of the people in the sold out theater I was in yesterday had no clue a sequel is coming. And that works for them. So even if it doesn’t work for me it got them and that’s what matters. I’ll be in the minority for that one. People had visceral reactions to that and the screen cutting to black. One girl shouted “How dare you!” at the screen and that’s awesome. Just wish I could be a part of it at times :russ: