The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Yeah it’s tough watching the ending when you read comics and know how this death shyt works:russ: everyone in the theater was gasping and talking at the screen and I’m sitting there like :pachaha: “please don’t fall for this shyt” but to their credit they got them to fall for it and that’s the sign of good movie making for real. The ending is the only quibble I have with this movie but that’s just personal preference. Felt like everything else was spot on

My understanding comes from experiencing it with a purely MCU fan. They’ve invested much in these characters over the last decade and never has there been a threat this menacing. I sat by my sister trying to offer so hope based on the comic version but she wasn’t having it. Its crazy how the ending without the “snap” would have been a let down for comic fans but a shock to MCU ones. I kinda envy them having that Han Solo Empire Strikes Back while comic fans are like :sas1:. You’re an OG round here and all but from your Spidey enthusiasm, that scene had to get to you least a wee bit.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:snoop: I was the ONLY one that jumped like I was watching a horror movie when Vision got stabbed out of nowhere.

Na.... a lot of people jumped or scream "oh shyt" at that scene

My eyes got big like that black dude when Brock beat Undertaker.... but then there were a lot scenes from this movie that left me with that same expression

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My understanding comes from experiencing it with a purly MCU fan. They’ve invested much in these characters over the last decade and never has there been a threat this menacing. I sat by my sister trying to offer so hope based on the comic version but she wasn’t having it. Its crazy how the ending without the “snap” would have been a let down for comic fans but a shock to MCU ones. I kinda envy them having that Han Solo Empire Strikes Back while comic fans are like :sas1:. You’re an OG round here and all but from your Spidey enthusiasm, that scene had to get to you least a wee bit.

Irony? That's when I got taken out of the scene. Like I was right there in the shock moment with everyone else and then he started to go and I went from :ohhh: to :stopitslime: in a "snap" because his movie is already announced. Like I know I'm getting a spider-man movie next summer and I really wish I didn't know all that shyt. Like I wish Marvel hadn't announced any movie past Avengers 4 and just let that shyt stand. Of course that's impossible with the way movies are made today and all that but to be on some wrestling shyt, I wish they kayfabed a bit more.

And while I understand the symmetry and poetic nature of having the original avengers be the ones who have to fight the battle and win the day and the "one last ride" aspect, the ending would've hit me harder had some of them vanished as well. Because then I wouldn't have known what the deal was and would've been really confused and lost.

And you're right, it's definitely the empire strikes back moment and it works for that reasoning. BUT, in 1980, you didn't know a Star Wars sequel was coming; Return of the Jedi wasn't announced before Empire came out and it wasn't a guarantee. So imagine being a kid in '80 and seeing Empire and having no clue what was going to happen after that. For all you knew, that was it; Luke lost a hand, Vader is his dad, and that's the end of the story. Sequels and franchises weren't really a thing at that time so it was easier to do what they did in Infinity War and actually have even someone like me shook, a guy who understands comics but also the business of Hollywood. THAT would be phenomenal

Daps
I laughed too. You could tell it was personal with thanos. After everything Gamora and Nebula did to him, he never killed them. And Thanos could've used the reality stone to find out where the soul stone was by simply changing reality and have Gamora tell Nebula where it was at. Thanos was legit hurt by their betrayal. When Gamora shanked him in the neck and was crying Thanos was like :mjgrin: "Well at least you got love for me after all".

He also saw that Star Lord loved her and didn't kill him out of respect. Thanos was moving like a true parent :wow: Kinda like how the vulture didn't snitch on Peter Parker.

Great examples. They really did an excellent job for me creating depth in Thanos character. The whole “I take no pleasure in this” line rang true throughout.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I need Hulk to get some pay back.tho..

Thanos was so trill he would've simply given Hulk them hands again...They didn't have to over pussify him like THAT...did they?

this guy was terrifying tho...loved him in this

27-infinty-war-trailer.w710.h473.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Thanos was so trill he would've simply given Hulk them hands again...They didn't have to over pussify him like THAT...did they?

Yeah Ebony Maw was dope. Was really happy when he died. Had some ether for Strange too

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

I mean they did if they wanted to show people Thanos is legit and aint no so called "pushover Marvel Villain"

Now haters have to fall back and :emshhhh:

and they :CageUmad:

giphy.gif

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Great examples. They really did an excellent job for me creating depth in Thanos character. The whole “I take no pleasure in this” line rang true throughout.

when he tried to soothe wanda's pain at the end and called her child and I think stroked her head :wow:

like a strict dad explaining to his kids the importance of discipline and sacrifice :mjcry: