The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
In all honesty, deep down, I think He didn't want to do it because of how the character was portrayed. He would've only appeared again as a cameo roll and not a main villain. He was the main villain in the first avenger which is why he probably did it but I kinda don't blame him for not wanting to pop up as a easter egg cameo :manny:
If its a sequel of some sort he doesnt want to do it, he doesnt like doing them

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
In all honesty, deep down, I think He didn't want to do it because of how the character was portrayed. He would've only appeared again as a cameo roll and not a main villain. He was the main villain in the first avenger which is why he probably did it but I kinda don't blame him for not wanting to pop up as a easter egg cameo :manny:

Nah he didn't like what he did in 2011, which was the ultimate point. He apparently wasn't feeling his work or what they asked him to do so he basically said fukk it.

Chatting with Collider, the actor — who played the villainous Red Skull in “Captain America: The First Avenger” — confirmed that like pretty much every other actor involved with those comic movies, he signed a multiple-picture contract. However, he’s not keen on reprising the role, though obviously he will if he’s asked. “I think the tendency, with those films, would be to probably not bring a villain back. They might for ‘The Avengers,’ but I didn’t think I’d be in ‘Captain America 2 or 3.’ I don’t think Red Skull will be there,” he pondered. “And it’s not something I would want to do again. I’m glad I did it. I did sign up for a number of pictures and I suppose, contractually, I would be obliged to, if they forced me to, but they wouldn’t want to force someone to do it, if they didn’t want to. I think I’ve done my dash with that sort of film. It was good to do it and try it out, but to be honest, it’s not the sort of film I seek out and really am excited by. As an actor, to do all sorts of different films is great. It stretches you in different ways. But, I increasingly like to go back to what I used to always do, which is to get involved with projects that I really have a personal affiliation with.”

Hugo Weaving Doesn’t Want To Play Red Skull Again In Any More Marvel Movies

Right move for all parties involved. If he doesn't want to do it, don't ask him to do it. Move on

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I thought it was ok. Not bad but probably not even top 5 MCU movies for me. Overpacked and not enough screen time for everyone.

I never read the comics but none of the deaths except Loki really moved me. They “killed” the stars who have signed on for more movies after this so it felt a little hollow since we know they’ll come back.

I assume some of the original avengers will sacrifice themselves somehow in the next one since they kept mentioning the “we don’t trade lives” line.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I thought it was ok. Not bad but probably not even top 5 MCU movies for me. Overpacked and not enough screen time for everyone.

I never read the comics but none of the deaths except Loki really moved me. They “killed” the stars who have signed on for more movies after this so it felt a little hollow since we know they’ll come back.

I assume some of the original avengers will sacrifice themselves somehow in the next one since they kept mentioning the “we don’t trade lives” line.

But that's only if you didn't see all of the other movies. When characters have already had stand alone flix, they don't need equal amount of time.

Dr. Strange was going to get more screen time because he had the time stone.
Tony Stark was going to get more screen time because the movie was based on the vision he had in AOU
Thor was going to get more screen time because it was personal (Thanos killed Loki), not to mention his weapon was the only legit thing that could kill Thanos.
Gamora was going to be more of a focal point because it was personal.

Everyone else were in supporting roles.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
One thing I do hate is how they've done Hulk's character this whole universe.

They tried to do a stand alone movie twice. It never went over well. There isn't but so much you can do. I think the way they fit him in is just right.

Drax on the other hand :snoop:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I'm not a big Hulk fan so I've been indifferent, but explain breh
I don't know I understand a lot of guys have to get nerfed, and I get the whole thing about the struggle between Banner and Hulk but they seem to go out of their way to hide hulk and not use him at all. The whole thing with Hulk turlting up for the whole movie off the intro fight is night what hulk is about at all. Seeing Banner in Hulkbuster armor is a joke.

Always been a big hulk stan, so part of it is wanting to see him shine. I thought the origin movie was good. Since then, I think they've fukked it up.

momma

All Star
Daps
One major thing I appreciate about the movie is it's doubling of the typical movie structure. There is a definitive act 1, act 2, and act 3, but since there's multiple arenas with different actors, it's as if there's 2 different movies running at the same time, and it still all feels cohesive.