The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It looks like none of that is connected. Thanos never wanted to invade earth. It's as if they wanted to distance themselves from Weadons vision as much as possible :mjlol:

Thanos was invading worlds and killing half the population....he used the same army on Gamora's world as he did in "Avengers". It's possible he wanted to kill off half of Earth and The Avengers stopped him....which is why he said he knew who Tony Stark was in "Infinity War".

Not saying they had all this planned out back then....but it does connect.

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They're dead breh. In the original comic Thanos does it to appease Death. Thanos killed half the universe.

Fred.
im glad they're not doing that death simping here at least

even with the power scaling all over the place, i'm glad a lot of the changes exist. some things just ain't gonna work on film

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

But you know typical Hollywood gonna bring them back with time stone:francis:

They will come back somehow, but the OG Avengers don't have contracts past the next movie. So they will all die (or retire, or just disappear) in the next movie.

Marvel played this brilliantly. Killed off all the new characters which nobody expected....next movie, bring them all back and kill all the original Avengers. Then the new characters (Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, etc.) are the new Avengers.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
im glad they're not doing that death simping here at least

even with the power scaling all over the place, i'm glad a lot of the changes exist. some things just ain't gonna work on film

A lot of that shyt wouldn't worked on film. I had a vision in my head for this movie. Was it that NO. Is this movie bad because of it NO. Are power levels all over the place YES. Is Quill an a$$hole YES. but gotdamn, if you know anything about film, like even the least bit. You would know this shyt could have been TERRIBLE. It's an achievement they pulled it off at all considering the scope of the film AND the fact, this has to play to an audience that might not have ever seen any of this shyt, and thought this ONE particular film looked cool enough to go see. I know this opinion wont be shared, but these movies are meant to be seen ONCE. As fans we will view them and love them and watch them a ton of times, but all films are made for the general public. And with that in mind first viewing takes precedence(Which is my gripe with all the humor, because humor ages, topics age as well) but I'm not mad at all at the final product, matter of fact I cant wait for the Blu Ray to drop, hope they add a good 10 or 20 minutes. This was never gonna please everyone. ESPECIALLY the die hard.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can also tell Thanos had love for all of his children, not just Gamora.

He could've killed Nebula but didn't. And the first thing he did when he got to Titian and saw Iron Man and crew was ask about Ebony Maw.

The little things they did with the character was :wow:

The fact that they took out some of the Thanos back story speaks to the quality of what was actually shown.

Thanos is daddy dearest...:wow: