The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plothole time

Why dr strange aint just put him in a timeloop until they stopped thanos? Or better yet when thanos arrive just reverse time and gather everyone so they prepared for him

The time stone is the single most cheat code in the mcu?
Yeah he looked at 14 million and they only had one chance in those so....

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Plothole time

Why dr strange aint just put him in a timeloop until they stopped thanos? Or better yet when thanos arrive just reverse time and gather everyone so they prepared for him

The time stone is the single most cheat code in the mcu?

The reality stone may have rendered that useless.

End of the day when you have a character with stones that have those type of broken powers you can sit here and think of scenarios that could have played out from now until the next movie.

Best to just take the movie at face value, which was incredible.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First and foremost, I dug the movie overall, but that cliffhanger ending I felt it was ill-timed. And this is possibly because I seen a somewhat similar scenario at the end of season 5 of ARROW where Promethues kills himself which in turn blew up the island with everybody in it KNOWING that they'll be all back the next season. So, how it ended felt empty to me, yet I am intrigued as to how they all come back, because we know all of them would be coming back. And with that I am MORE disappointed by the confirmed deaths. You mean to tell me that NONE OF THE ORIGINAL PHASE 1 DID NOT DIE (aside from Loki to which Thor even admitted have "died" before)? Stark didn't die and could of or should of died? Steve Rogers didn't die when we were CERTAIN he would? Bruce didn't die and we also got CHEATED on not having a Hulk but for just 15 seconds? Thor didn't technically die but got his JUICE back? Not that I wanted them to die but I was ready to have a HUGE emotional impact had at least ONE of them did? Why should I grieve for Gamora? I have little attachment with that character aside of her being part of an ensemble. So, I wasn't satisfied about that. I was expecting a cliffhanger, but it may of better served best had ended right after acquiring the soul stone and have the 2nd part be getting the final stone. Then use the finger snap and have that scene in the 2nd part of this film with them showing how they're able to comeback. Rather than use that on some Walking Dead type finale shyt... and leave people hanging.

Another thing I did have issue is with the depowering of Thanos even with the Stones which adds on my disgust to the fact that nobody aside from co-starring characters like Gamora and Loki were killed. I mean the Titan fight itself should of been an EASY SLAUGHTER. I mean this was the same dude that quickly fukked up HULK within SECONDS... yet now he struggles with these people to the point that he damn near almost LOSES THE GUANTLET? That type shyt annoyed me. It was dope looking at the fight visibly, but Thanos at that point had FOUR stones going after the 5th and he should of easily just killed them all without questions or debate... but want to monologue with Stark when he was about to almost die yet didn't.

But overall, I enjoyed it... but it was INDEED blatant fan service. I knew they were just going to give you an orgy of fan service and we all out when we got to see Red Skull chilling after all this time. But it was mostly fan service and it was cool, because I enjoy that it is something where you invested 10 years to these films as a payoff. With all that said, I REALLY hope the next Avengers film will be better.
After seeing the movie the next one left all the original team to take down thanos.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I’m sitting in the theater when they tied Thanos arms down thinking ok they bout to chop his arm off and be done with it and naw these fools talking to him and tryin to pull that glove off like it’s super glued on him.

I’d have been like Tony fire up that laser and get to work. He can’t put that glove on his other hand anyway.

And I can't complain about star lord being mad and not holding back his emotions... but I would've shot him in the eye ball :manny:

Or at least stuck my finger in it and gouged them out.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
just got back:
-i liked Thanos and that we got alot of Thanos in action. That's one thing i like about his character is that he's a universal threat but he get out in the field and bangs heads. He's not just an "entity".
-I didn't like the flow of this movie. That whole thing where different groups all doing separate things has been ruined for me be the Walking Dead. But i get that they had to do that, but it just flowed really weird.
-Cap and Iron Man should have died. As well as ScarJo, Rhodie, and Failcon. They should have been chopping shyt down to make room for the next phase.
-Where was Valkyrie? She just got got?
-That love story shyt with Scarlet Witch and Vision had me :gucci:. Just download his harddrive and put him on an Ipad and fukk this stone up. :martin:
-Also, Okoye said it best, Scarlet Witch can be a heavy hitter and she up in the booth lookin at shyt. :martin:
-Hulk a bytch all of a sudden? :martin:
-I did like the action and the Black Order was dope.
-I like that Strange was somewhat capable against Thanos + 5 gems. But you would think he would be alot more clever. And why didn't he use that Time stone more during the fight?
-Drax had me dying. "i'll do you one better...WHY is Gamora?" :pachaha:
-They need to stop turning Thor's powers up and down. One minute he's Cap level, next he's a god?
-Wong ran back home like a bytch too. :martin:

Overall it was aight. I don't get that blown away feeling i got from Black Panther. Like Thanos was written as just a basic bad dude. None of his motivations had that "maybe he's right?" feeling.

ePiffany

All Star
Daps
Or why didn’t they just chop his arm off instead of trying to pull off the glove..

Or why didn’t Dr Strange just use the time stone to freeze thanos, then chop his arm off.

Or why didn’t Dr Strange just “bargin”.

When Ebony Maw kidnapped Strange he refused to recite the incantation to activate the time stone because he knew Maw would use it and / or call out to Thanos to do so immediately.

To play it safe he didnt want to use it just yet on account of the fact that Thanos was powerful enough to snatch it off his neck the second he did.

Its just a theory tho. One way or another I give no fukks as that fight was the best scene in the entire film by far so it accomplished it's goal narrative wise :yeshrug:

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s comic book movies gentlemen. Just enjoy the visual aspect and the great action...
So this movie is like a mindless action movie like the Michael Bay transformers movies so long as you dont think too much about the bad guys plan or how the good guys plan on stopping the bad guy plans of destroying the world or taking it over you will have fun watching it.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except he can't make a portal and help hold down Thanos:francis:
The plan wasn't bad it just got fukked up. Sounds like you don't like the plan because it wasn't your plan:francis:
Lol @winb83 plan would have all the little kids crying leaving the theater telling their parents there is no hope. The next day they kill their sibling because thanos was right and balance is the only way.
See what you did:damn: