The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not a plot hole. You'd have to ignore his backstory to consider it one. He was branded as a mad man and exiled by his people because he proposed dispassionately killing half of their population. He wants THAT solution to the problem to be the one that works. Not creating more resources, which his people probably advocated, but the one that got him branded a mad titan. It's his philosophy that he built a cult around, and he gets to prove to everyone and himself that he was right all along. The fact that he tried his solution on various planets and saw those planets improve the quality of life has only emboldened him to try it on a cosmic scale.

His backstory informs his character journey.

Thank you...his whole journey has been about sacrifice. He believes the only way to truly achieve balance is through sacrifice, any other way will eventually fail.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo,isn't Captain America eyes blue in the movies? But his eyes were green or whatever during that showdown with Thanos. Skrull!? My fault if that was said already.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Hitting him snapped him out of Mantis mind thing. You think trying to cut off his arm would go over well :skip:
You're kinda being nit picky now
Stark got laser beams on that suit how long would it take to separate his arm from his body? Was his skin made of stone as for pain and physical discomfort of being pulled from both sides wasn’t enough to shake him out of the trance as well?
Dude, how about you just suspend belief, like most of the movie going audience. You're right. He could have just turned all the Avengers into cat shyt. Would that have made the film more enjoyable? I mean technically he could do it because he's that powerful? Like I said earlier, the film that you want exist here.
61qmnnRvXML._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

shyt you can even purchase in on kindle for $3.99
Why does it have to be acceptable for characters to behave like idiots to advance a plot. Accepting character stupidity isn’t a part of the willing suspension of disbelief.

When characters have to behave like they’re stupid to advance the plot because there’s no other way for things to work isn’t that bad writing? Isn’t that writers backing themselves in a corner?

If you ever reach a point where someone points out a common sense solution to a character’s problem that most people would think of fairly quickly and your defense of that character not doing it is well the movie would have been boring if they did that then you’re face to face with bad writing. Writers aren’t supposed to dumb characters down to an illogical level to move the plot along they’re supposed to construct plots that make sense logically even if everything isn’t real.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Just read the biggest plot hole in the movie :mjlol:

"Why didn't Thanos simply make it so there was more food and resources instead of murdering a bunch of people? He can literally shape reality at will. Why not make it so there's always a corresponding amount of food and resources for the population of every planet?"

:ohhh:

Or why didn’t they just chop his arm off instead of trying to pull off the glove..

Or why didn’t Dr Strange just use the time stone to freeze thanos, then chop his arm off.

Or why didn’t Dr Strange just “bargin”.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
That's not a plot hole. You'd have to ignore his backstory to consider it one. He was branded as a mad man and exiled by his people because he proposed dispassionately killing half of their population, taking out the rich and the poor along the way, indiscriminate and random. He wants THAT specific solution to the problem of resources management and balance to be the one that solves all.

Not creating more resources, which his people probably advocated, but the one that got him branded a mad titan. It's his philosophy that he built a cult around, and he gets to prove to everyone and himself that he was right all along. The fact that he tried his solution on various planets and saw those planets improve the quality of life has only emboldened him to try it on a cosmic scale.

His backstory informs his character journey.

Was this mentioned in the movie? I only remember him saying that he told the people of his planet about the his plan and they called him a Mad man

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Just read the biggest plot hole in the movie :mjlol:

"Why didn't Thanos simply make it so there was more food and resources instead of murdering a bunch of people? He can literally shape reality at will. Why not make it so there's always a corresponding amount of food and resources for the population of every planet?"

:ohhh:
Why didn't the Mad Titan decide to b an all powerful sky daddy?:patrice: that's a good question

:stopitslime:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
see 18 marvel films and be surprised when the formula keeps a familiar and effective ingredient such as levity :laff:. think characters will act out of said character for a films sake rather than work within it while remaining true to the core that's been established :laff: . "omg stark and spidey are joking in danger like they have been doing" :what: "why did drax ruin a nice moment like that, just like he did in gotg2?" :what:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Are we really having discussions on why Thanos aint plant food or they chop his arm off and shyt?!

The fukk....man we eating good 2-3x a year and likely for the next 10-15 years and dudes throwing out there that bullshyt.

I'm all for criticizing legit aspects of the film but chill with that kinda shyt.

Type of dudes who can't enjoy Raid Redemption cause no one hand to hand fights IRL like that but would shoot up the joint instead....

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Or why didn’t they just chop his arm off instead of trying to pull off the glove..

Or why didn’t Dr Strange just use the time stone to freeze thanos, then chop his arm off.

Or why didn’t Dr Strange just “bargin”.
I’m sitting in the theater when they tied Thanos arms down thinking ok they bout to chop his arm off and be done with it and naw these fools talking to him and tryin to pull that glove off like it’s super glued on him.

I’d have been like Tony fire up that laser and get to work. He can’t put that glove on his other hand anyway.