The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

momma

All Star
Daps
So what i meant earlier about a rush job with the black order is that in the books each of them has a unique "niche" that individualizes them.

Ebony Maw is telekinesis/telepathy, Cull is basically a "Hulk", but Corvus Glaive's ability [apart from super soldier physical attributes] was immortality. As long as his scythe thing wasn't destroyed, he survives/regenerates from any injury and even obliteration.

More so than that, Corvus is actually the GOAT of the group [Thanos favorite one] and is every bit as charismatic as Ebony Maw. He invades planets with those creatures we saw in Wakanda, and after he kills all of a planet's greatest warriors, he goes to their leaders and says Thanos will accept your surrender if you give a "tribute". A 'tribute' being the decapitated heads of the oldest child in every home. And of course he's smug about everything.

Proxima Midnight is Corvus Glaive's wife, and is "Wonder Woman" [or perhaps "Valkryie"] physically, with a cosmic lance comparable in power to Thor's hammer. Disperses energy and can basically become a "light saber" lance when thrown.

Basically these 4 together are Avenger's level villains on their own. But obviously Corvus and Proxima had to get dialed back a bit bc not enough time for the personalities, and bc Cap/Widow/Falcon had to have someone to fight.

Eh I read the entire Infinity arc + most of Hickman's stuff and this thing about the Black Order being misused/underused is overblown. These aren't super historic characters with super unique abilities, any villain can have this stuff or be in these roles. In the comics they kinda just randomly show up anyways and while threatening, mostly have minor/supporting roles. Not to mention it still takes multiple Avengers to even kill off one. Yes I would have liked to see them fleshed out more but I'm not really that disappointed by it

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
That's not lazy writing. Nebula had her brief moment of mourning too. She was in shock as well. Quill deals with his emotions differently than Nebula. Every one in that scene is perfectly in character
There's some shock going on but Nebula's want to kill Thanos has consistently been depicted as just as prevalent as her emotion for her sister. I think seeing Quill about to do what he did would logically snap her back into reality. I also think what Quill did was "within character" but it was a huge reach. Like theres impulsive and then there's just no thought given whatsoever almost mind numbing

momma

All Star
Daps
It’s like people haven’t looked at the 2019 calendar.

Bruh not everyone understands the constructs of franchise film-making + keeps up with the MCU's timetable. Most people think Wolverine and Deadpool were/are "Marvel movies". I understand if someone is legit shocked by characters like BP + Spiderman + Guardians dying

momma

All Star
Daps
Another flaw I found in the film was the utilization of the soul stone - we never actually learn what it can do, its a completely vague entity

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Eh I read the entire Infinity arc + most of Hickman's stuff and this thing about the Black Order being misused/underused is overblown. These aren't super historic characters with super unique abilities, any villain can have this stuff or be in these roles. In the comics they kinda just randomly show up anyways and while threatening, mostly have minor/supporting roles. Not to mention it still takes multiple Avengers to even kill off one. Yes I would have liked to see them fleshed out more but I'm not really that disappointed by it

I mean, I read the entire Infinity arc + most everything else of Hickman's through Secret Wars, and they don't have to be super historic. Point is Ebony Maw [the most or only one praised out of all of them in this flick] got the most focus from his comic version and he was awesome/highly regarded. The others didn't get as much, and they were mostly forgettable/seen as whack. Which isn't a fault of the characters but simply the limitations of a 2.5 hour film.

Plus i'd say Corvus, Proxima, Ebony had great/very important moments in the comics, especially in the ancillary books where there was time to focus in on them, similar to how Ebony had great moments in the movie bc they focused on him.

Proxima is very important in Black Panther lore because she kills Shuri, and has a great fight with Luke Cage and the Mighty Avengers. Corvus meanwhile trashed the x-men and had quotables for days. So was it the end of the world that they weren't fleshed out? Nah, but it goes back to what gets left on the cutting floor when dealing with a massive movie.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I'll say the coli has influenced my moviegoing because I watched the Vision scene with coli smilies in my head, as soon as Thanos said " Now is is not the time for mourning" I immediately thought of the "You mad?" smiley and started laughing because I was like "Oh shyt this dude about to turn back time and re-murk this guy" :mjlol: and he did it.

Thanos line: "Now is not the time for mourning. :sas1:"
Thanos subthought: "10 seconds ago is":umad:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
So what i meant earlier about a rush job with the black order is that in the books each of them has a unique "niche" that individualizes them.

Ebony Maw is telekinesis/telepathy, Cull is basically a "Hulk", but Corvus Glaive's ability [apart from super soldier physical attributes] was immortality. As long as his scythe thing wasn't destroyed, he survives/regenerates from any injury and even obliteration.

More so than that, Corvus is actually the GOAT of the group [Thanos favorite one] and is every bit as charismatic as Ebony Maw. He invades planets with those creatures we saw in Wakanda, and after he kills all of a planet's greatest warriors, he goes to their leaders and says Thanos will accept your surrender if you give a "tribute". A 'tribute' being the decapitated heads of the oldest child in every home. And of course he's smug about everything.

Proxima Midnight is Corvus Glaive's wife, and is "Wonder Woman" [or perhaps "Valkryie"] physically, with a cosmic lance comparable in power to Thor's hammer. Disperses energy and can basically become a "light saber" lance when thrown.

Basically these 4 together are Avenger's level villains on their own. But obviously Corvus and Proxima had to get dialed back a bit bc not enough time for the personalities, and bc Cap/Widow/Falcon had to have someone to fight.
That's nitpicking. The black order was plenty strong. It took multiple Avengers to take each of them on. Multiple mini bosses wouldn't make sense when the whole purpose is to show powerful Thanos is. They were strong as henchmen and that's good enough.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the comics do the gems have any type of drawbacks?

Like the reality gem, apparently it only works when the user is in the nearby area. Once Thanos left Drax and Mantis returned to normal