The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it's great and all, but it's basically a false high. we all know they're coming back and Thanos will lose in part 2.

Yeah, but we also know the vast majority of the OG Avengers die in the next movie.

This was really the only way to have damn near everyone die without ending the MCU.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I think if they were to go that route, it would cheapen her death. She was a dead woman walking once she told Thanos where the soul stone was. Now that he has all of the stones, his love for her is null and void. She was just a means to the end.

I didn't get that feeling at all. You could tell he genuinely loved Gamora. Which is why he cried before killing her. If he didn't have to kill her he wouldn't have. Even after she tried to kill him.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
What an incredible fukking movie

The examples of dikkheadery annoyed me :francis: I guess its just another instance of "Id do something different than these white people"

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
it's great and all, but it's basically a false high. we all know they're coming back and Thanos will lose in part 2.

We'll why even watch any film or read any comic in the first place? The hero is always pushed to the brink, but ultimately over comes. Otherwise.....You wouldn't have anything.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, but we also know the vast majority of the OG Avengers die in the next movie.

This was really the only way to have damn near everyone die without ending the MCU.

Fred.
i honestly just think Cap. Tony maybe. I think the others get "retirement."

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Why in the comics did Thanos fake his death? And retreat to a farm?
I don't remember him faking it in this storyline...from what I recall he was banished there by the cosmic gods after a trial...after the Gauntlet was taken from him.

In infinity Gauntlet issue 6...they show him on some random planet on a farm

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I didn't get that feeling at all. You could tell he genuinely loved Gamora. Which is why he cried before killing her. If he didn't have to kill her he wouldn't have. Even after she tried to kill him.

Yes, at that point, he still had feelings of love for her, but, once he got the soul stone, his loved vanished. He was now one step closer to his goal. I do believe that his love for her was genuine but unfortunately she needed to be sacrificed for his vision, which is why I don’t see him resurrecting her again.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

Well you forgot from the scene in Avengers 2 that Cap moved Thors hammer ever so slightly. Thor is a definite goner Cap will wield Storm Breaker. He'll he'll probably die too. I think Black Widow and Hawkeye retire and Hulk stay's as the last original member of the team.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Well you forgot from the scene in Avengers 2 that Cap moved Thors hammer ever so slightly. Thor is a definite goner Cap will wield Storm Breaker. He'll he'll probably die too. I think Black Widow and Hawkeye retire and Hulk stay's as the last original member of the team.
I would have said Thor before Ragnarok. I feel like that movie was so damn good and was so successful it may have extended Thor's life in the universe... but who knows. i'd love for him to be in GotG3 too.

as i said in my long ass post, they took Thor from a solid character in decent movies to one of my favorite movie characters ever. he's probably my favorite avenger at the moment

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

None of them have contracts going forward so putting them on a shelf via "retirement" is kind of a waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure 1-2 will ride off into the sun set but virtually everyone in this movie that died is coming back....so just logistically, damn near all the old talent has to leave one way or another.

And this isn't directed at you but this thread is full of people saying "oh man, they're bringing everyone back that died, so it cheapens their deaths!"....when literally no one thought they'd kill 10+ characters in a single movie. If you would've told me BP and Spider-Man die in this movie I would've thought you were high.

In hindsight it's easy to say this wasn't a bold move....but nobody seen it coming.

Fred.