The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man...Im being honest. Obviously you have some sort of marvel bias.

If DC had this CGI people would shyt all over it. They didn't move real at all and looked super plastic.

I told y'all, I had faith in the directors and what they can do...they didn't deliver IMO. Lots of sloppy shyt including the CGI.

I know what I saw. Im not the only person saying that either. The CGI looked rushed and terrible. Sorry if that offends you.

I love me some Marvel, but they not above criticism. :yeshrug:

Breh "the CGI looked horrible" is not a popular opinion. I'm not even faulting you for your opinion....it's your opinion....but to frame it as I'm partial to Marvel because I don't agree with what you said is :dead: as fukk.

Even the negative reviews from film critics don't say that. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

And DC does have far worse CGI than this. This thread is slowly turning into Marvel vs DC but if you compare the CGI on Steppenwolf to Thanos....you can't be serious.

Fred.

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Which makes me wonder why Dr strange didn't do the same thing to go back and retrieve all the stones. I mean he did it in his own movie.
Dude saw all 14million outcomes of the war and in only 1 of them did they win so I’m pretty sure he was following the course of whatever happened for that one dub.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
bruh when this nikka reversed time to snatch visions stone from his head i was like
tumblr_inline_myqtx3qqZG1qm6906.gif
Dude saw all 14million outcomes of the war and in only 1 of them did they win so I’m pretty sure he was following the course of whatever happened for that one dub.

:ohhh:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Read spoilers and ain’t no way they aren’t bringing back BP and Spider-Man

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I can’t criticize the CGI till I see a real...... whatever Thanos and the Black Order species are in real life:lolbron:

Like I can look at a real Apple and a Fake Apple and be like “or that’s bad CGI

Or taking it a step further and see a real car from a CGI car.

But someone google for me really quick was them aliens look like in real life?:russ:

I’ll wait:sas2:

blalienz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
T'Challa NOOOO:to:
:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:
Im one of the biggest critics of comedy in the MCU but it didnt bother me:jbhmm:i liked the banter between Stark and Strange
Peter pleading for his life:to: hes just a kid Thanos:to:
Thor shoulda went for the head:leostare:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
surprisingly we only had 3 trailers.
some Adrift shyt Venom and that Star Wars shyt.

i like that the movie pretty much jumped right into the action right off the bat.
the way they managed to even all the characters out taking us to their locations and shyt was really well done.
on some real shyt, i didnt even think 2 and 1/2 hours was enough to cover all these characters, but they made that shyt pop!

Teenage Groot was truly on some fukk shyt up until Storm Breaker!
:russ:

Star-Lord proving again and again hes the MARVEL Indiana Jones!
:banderas:

I just KNEW Strange would have a trick up his sleeve but unfortunately...
:francis:

so many ill moments in this shyt.

Spidey doing the Maximum Spider move thru the Doctor Strange portals on Thanos like, "Magic!! More Magic!!!! More Magic!!!"
:russ:

man i cant wait to see this again!

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I'm usually open to opinions, as wide range as they can be on super subjective stuff, but if you say the Thanos CGI is bad I'm ignoring everything else you have to say about this movie.
Thanos CGI was good, of course...

The rest :francis: and you go sit here and tell me he moved realistic and Corvus looked real?

See its hard to say these things to people who loved the movie. I do the same shyt with Civil War. People are gonna dismiss me because I wasn't feeling it and that's weak because I invested just as much time to these movies as everybody else.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
One thing that bothered me that I didn't see mentioned....wasn't really feeling how they randomly shoehorned the Soul Gem into this. They should've shown the conversation Gamora and Nebula had, in "GOTG Vol. 2". As much effort as they put into making these movies connect it's odd they didn't add that to another movie.

Fred.

Daps
See, this is what I find shallow about "but we know they are coming back" as criticism.

People are acting like the moment to moment emotions of seeing characters lose don't matter in storytelling. When T'Challa was chucked off the mountain by Killmonger after "is this your King?" and his mother, sister, general, and girlfriend are balling their eyes out because they just lost their king, friend, and loved one, THAT moment mattered, if just for that moment. We all knew he wasn't dead. We knew he was coming back in the third act to kick ass and reclaim his position in his movie.

But did people say "no stakes because he didn't die." No, they recognized it was a sad moment that motivated the characters left behind and forced them to grow and further define their loyalties (like Okoye and Nakia when they argued about saving their country vs serving their country) and framed the return of the title character as emotionally satisfying and heroic.

Same thing when Civil War happened and people complained there weren't any stakes because no one died. But the stakes was the split of the Avengers, and that DIRECTLY sets the stage for Infinity War invasion.

Had the Avengers still been a team, they would have been in much better position to handle what happened, but instead they were scattered all around the globe, not in communication, off the grid, and vulnerable to a world ending attack. There were stakes to the accords and Zemo splitting them apart.

That is common fiction writing 101 stuff. Because T'Challa came back, it doesn't render his defeat pointless or lacking in stakes. Because no one died in Civil War, it doesn't render their dissolution pointless or lacking in stakes.

The same holds true here in Infinity War. Now I can't say for sure how they will handle it, but the Russos have stressed that they are committing to what happened in IW.

The Russo Brothers Talk About Alternate Realities In ‘Infinity War’ & ‘Avengers 4’

Time will tell if they follow through, but I feel like I have to point out that Black Panther and Spiderman and others returning wouldn't render their deaths pointless because there could very well (and most probably will) be a cost to bringing them back.

The characters left behind are going to struggle with who died, get motivated to Avenge them, and arrive at a different place than they were before the snap. Those are stakes. And when Tony Stark, Cap, and whoever else of the remaining characters sacrifice their lives in a quest to reverse what Thanos did to the universe, the stakes will be upheld. Sure, the characters we know are coming back will come back, but it won't be without the cost of saving goodbye permanently to other beloved characters.

I'm pretty positive Thanks created a death domino effect in Infinity War. Even if some characters come back, their revivals will be in a chain of other characters dying.

I'm not completely dismissing your valid point of the trials or "deaths" of a character serving a purpose even if you know it's just a temporary hurdle, but I do disagree with you saying it's a shallow criticism. If you don't believe what the writers want you to believe, then they failed to convey what was intended. Yes we all knew Killmonger didnt really kill T'Challa, but the dramatic effect wasn't so much from him being thrown off the cliff in so much as the unknown factor of what Killmonger was going to do once he became king, whether he would succeed in his greatet mission, and how much lasting damage he could do before T'Challa returned in the final act, not in his "death". Or at least that was my take on it. Killing T'Challa wasn't Killmonger's endgame. Thanos killing half the universe WAS his end goal.

I would also take into account that death's like Loki's, Gamora, Heimdall and Vision had way more impact because they were individualized, personal, and served actual purposes (fueling Thor's quest to create Stormbreaker, warning The Avengers, Thanos retrieving 2 of the 6 stones, etc).

A bunch of characters literally fading to dust simultaneously just didn't hold that same weight, which again, was amplified by the spoiler of knowing it was temporary. The damage was done at that point. Thanos "won", so there weren't any more stakes involved.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
T'Challa NOOOO:to:
:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:
Im one of the biggest critics of comedy in the MCU but it didnt bother me:jbhmm:i liked the banter between Stark and Strange
Peter pleading for his life:to: hes just a kid Thanos:to:
Thor shoulda went for the head:leostare:
i mean technically if you watched the shyt, the jokes and shyt pretty much stopped once Thanos sent Drax and Mantis thru the ginsu!
and even before that, the lil jokes they had was cool in a sense that alotta these characters were just meeting each other for the first time.
when Quill was tryna make his voice like Thors was HILARIOUS!!!!!!
:mjlol: