The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
just hit me no more loki:sadcam:

What's next comic book readers?

IW movie is a lot different than comic. i don't remember captain marvel being in IW comic and adam warlock was a key player in that but doesn't seem to be appearing in the movie. I just hope the cosmic beings (ie galactus, dormammu) make an appearance to help defeat thanos like how they did in the comic.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
TDK lacks hand to hand combat which is why the movie aged kinda badly. the storyline and movie itself were amazing and I still tip my hat to Christopher Nolan but man, Batman is a master martial artist and superhero not some nikka off the street in layered military armour its like they humanized the movie too much to the point where it felt like the movie was better off as an action thriller that would have been better if Batman was never in it

tbh a lot of people got tired of watching Christian Bale yell at people like a lead singer of an amateur death metal band as well

dark knight one of the most lauded films in history

lets see if avengers 3 is talked about two years from now :mjgrin:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
TDK lacks hand to hand combat which is why the movie aged kinda badly. the storyline and movie itself were amazing and I still tip my hat to Christopher Nolan but man, Batman is a master martial artist and superhero not some nikka off the street in layered military armour its like they humanized the movie too much to the point where it felt like the movie was better off as an action thriller that would have been better if Batman was never in it

tbh a lot of people got tired of watching Christian Bale yell at people like a lead singer of an amateur death metal band as well
Well Nolan wanted his films grounded in reality. Even though it's still silly for a grown man dressing like a bat fighting crime, Nolan wanted grounded in reality which is why a lot of the elements from comics were left out.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
was it that good? :wow:
I can see fans of the entire MCU loving it but causal fans and black panther fans may go in and leave disappointed.
I'll give a mini review:

I actually haven't watched the other two avengers movie before :pachaha:

I only seen

IM1 and 2
Thor 1
Hulk
A bit of CA:The First Avenger
Black panther

I caught up with the story via a youtube recap.

The movie was entertaining as hell. it was lots of action, had some funny quips here and there(A bit too much at times) and the CGI was amazing. Thanos wasn't playing around. I'm not invested heavily into most of the characters but I was somewhat hyped when some of the characters showed up in the movie.

I don't think I like it more than Black Panther though because that theme/execution was on another level for me personally.

Pros: The action was really well done. Iron man, Spidey, Dr Strange and THOR stole the show imo.
The CGI was amazing. Thanos, the black order looked real as fukk.
The pacing was really good. It felt like it went by in a jiffy.

Cons: The music wasn't too memorable. It wasn't seeing Black Panther's score.
Movie may be a bit confusing for those not caught up to speed.
it ended in a depressing kind of way.
Black Panther wasn't too prominent in this as a character. I mean he was important but you know what I mean.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First and foremost, I dug the movie overall, but that cliffhanger ending I felt it was ill-timed. And this is possibly because I seen a somewhat similar scenario at the end of season 5 of ARROW where Promethues kills himself which in turn blew up the island with everybody in it KNOWING that they'll be all back the next season. So, how it ended felt empty to me, yet I am intrigued as to how they all come back, because we know all of them would be coming back. And with that I am MORE disappointed by the confirmed deaths. You mean to tell me that NONE OF THE ORIGINAL PHASE 1 DID NOT DIE (aside from Loki to which Thor even admitted have "died" before)? Stark didn't die and could of or should of died? Steve Rogers didn't die when we were CERTAIN he would? Bruce didn't die and we also got CHEATED on not having a Hulk but for just 15 seconds? Thor didn't technically die but got his JUICE back? Not that I wanted them to die but I was ready to have a HUGE emotional impact had at least ONE of them did? Why should I grieve for Gamora? I have little attachment with that character aside of her being part of an ensemble. So, I wasn't satisfied about that. I was expecting a cliffhanger, but it may of better served best had ended right after acquiring the soul stone and have the 2nd part be getting the final stone. Then use the finger snap and have that scene in the 2nd part of this film with them showing how they're able to comeback. Rather than use that on some Walking Dead type finale shyt... and leave people hanging.

Another thing I did have issue is with the depowering of Thanos even with the Stones which adds on my disgust to the fact that nobody aside from co-starring characters like Gamora and Loki were killed. I mean the Titan fight itself should of been an EASY SLAUGHTER. I mean this was the same dude that quickly fukked up HULK within SECONDS... yet now he struggles with these people to the point that he damn near almost LOSES THE GUANTLET? That type shyt annoyed me. It was dope looking at the fight visibly, but Thanos at that point had FOUR stones going after the 5th and he should of easily just killed them all without questions or debate... but want to monologue with Stark when he was about to almost die yet didn't.

But overall, I enjoyed it... but it was INDEED blatant fan service. I knew they were just going to give you an orgy of fan service and we all out when we got to see Red Skull chilling after all this time. But it was mostly fan service and it was cool, because I enjoy that it is something where you invested 10 years to these films as a payoff. With all that said, I REALLY hope the next Avengers film will be better.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I mentioned it before but I just to take another moment to point out that Quill wrecked these nikkas in that first little skirmish. I was surprised. :ehh: Then again, we shouldnt be because he has a ton more experience fighting than any other Avenger other than Cap. But he's used to doing it with more powerful beings on a grander scale. I think thats why his plan worked to disarm Thanos almost immediately vs whatever Tony had planned. The plot device of Thanos needing to close his fist is the only thing that was :stopitslime: about it. They had to do that though, otherwise Thanos wouldve wrecked everyone immediately just on physical strength and only need a stone for Strange.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I'm seeing alot of "dark" themes from a few of these reviews in here are applauding Marvel for that folks have been bashing D....Nevermind not trying to start a any sort of ruckus just an observation lol.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Thanos enjoys the thrI'll of battle

So I get why he didnt just dust everybody :yeshrug:
That’s exactly what made me :ohhh:

When you realize everything he did after the first stone was him just fukking with them. He had the power to kill them all from jump. But purposely killed as little as possible so he could kill half :picard: