The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
We got infinity war trailer before black panther so its gonna be the same thing

Infinity war didn’t spoil bp though

They can’t showcase spidey being alive and well cracking jokes when the last time we saw spidey he died litteraly shaking in his boots :dead:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
For people complaining about the jokes, this movie was dark as fukk.

And at times you have to realize that some of them weren't truly aware of the magnitude. Not to mention these are super hero's thay have faced adversity before so they take it in stride.

And it's a damn comic book movie :mindblown:

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Gamora's laughter at Thanos seeking the Soul stone is also great foreshadowing. Thanos cheated...

Wouldn't be surprised if the celestials don't make an appearance at some point.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm not as overly critical of the film as you are cuz I still think it was a very good flick, but I def agree with your overall sentiment. I avoided the trailers as best I could and stayed away from potential spoilers, but people aren't being honest if they don't acknowledge their suspension of disbelief had to have been affected KNOWING BP and Spider-Man sequels are already announced. It is what it is, but that's just keeping it one hundred :manny:

Chadwick Boseman is a hollywood mega star now. You think studio execs are gonna sacrifice a literal billion dollar cash cow for the sake of artistic film making integrity and for an emotional catharsis?

C'mon now.
See, this is what I find shallow about "but we know they are coming back" as criticism.

People are acting like the moment to moment emotions of seeing characters lose don't matter in storytelling. When T'Challa was chucked off the mountain by Killmonger after "is this your King?" and his mother, sister, general, and girlfriend are balling their eyes out because they just lost their king, friend, and loved one, THAT moment mattered, if just for that moment. We all knew he wasn't dead. We knew he was coming back in the third act to kick ass and reclaim his position in his movie.

But did people say "no stakes because he didn't die." No, they recognized it was a sad moment that motivated the characters left behind and forced them to grow and further define their loyalties (like Okoye and Nakia when they argued about saving their country vs serving their country) and framed the return of the title character as emotionally satisfying and heroic.

Same thing when Civil War happened and people complained there weren't any stakes because no one died. But the stakes was the split of the Avengers, and that DIRECTLY sets the stage for Infinity War invasion.

Had the Avengers still been a team, they would have been in much better position to handle what happened, but instead they were scattered all around the globe, not in communication, off the grid, and vulnerable to a world ending attack. There were stakes to the accords and Zemo splitting them apart.

That is common fiction writing 101 stuff. Because T'Challa came back, it doesn't render his defeat pointless or lacking in stakes. Because no one died in Civil War, it doesn't render their dissolution pointless or lacking in stakes.

The same holds true here in Infinity War. Now I can't say for sure how they will handle it, but the Russos have stressed that they are committing to what happened in IW.

Joe Russo explained what to expect from the next two Avengers movies concerning the gravity of happenings both good and bad in an interview with Screen Rant saying, “There’s no ‘What If’ scenarios. Everything that happens in these movies, happens in these movies. There’s not like, you know, some potential, a tangential reality. It doesn’t affect the story. It’s if it happens, it happens. We wanted to commit to the storytelling and the most complete way and not give ourselves any kind of, you know, potential, uh, outs, like, uh, it was all a reality dreams.”

Anthony Russo elaborated by saying, “I think that’s because, you know, because the stakes are so high in these films and we wanted to honor that he wanted to commit to those stakes.

The Russo Brothers Talk About Alternate Realities In ‘Infinity War’ & ‘Avengers 4’

Time will tell if they follow through, but I feel like I have to point out that Black Panther and Spiderman and others returning wouldn't render their deaths pointless because there could very well (and most probably will) be a cost to bringing them back.

The characters left behind are going to struggle with who died, get motivated to Avenge them, and arrive at a different place than they were before the snap. Those are stakes. And when Tony Stark, Cap, and whoever else of the remaining characters sacrifice their lives in a quest to reverse what Thanos did to the universe, the stakes will be upheld. Sure, the characters we know are coming back will come back, but it won't be without the cost of saving goodbye permanently to other beloved characters.

I'm pretty positive Thanos created a death domino effect in Infinity War. Even if some characters come back, their revivals will be in a chain of other characters dying.

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
One of the only things I had a gripe with was the black order except for proxima were dispatched rather easily. Like that fight in Scotland I was like damn you got beat that easily by the political thriller squad:martin:
i am kinda upset about Ebony Maw was killed so quickly

this dude was suppose to be a master of telekenesis but also a telepath like Maximoff but ended up getting the boot like an avengers cartoon

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s the thing though . We’re the minority the average mcu fan has no idea about release dates for spidey and bp2. They really think they died.

A grown man in my theater was damn near crying saying “hell naw” when tchalla died. Like he didn’t just do a billy. Lmaoo

Marvel got another one. Ppl are leaving this movie completely shocked

Agreed, the question is whether or not that’s a good thing as far as box office. I actually love dark downer endings when the good guys take an L, my girl on the other hand hates them and said she has no desire to see this again even though she thought it was good. So I’m wondering how the downer ending will impact repeat viewings and word of mouth

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
One of the only things I had a gripe with was the black order except for proxima were dispatched rather easily. Like that fight in Scotland I was like damn you got beat that easily by the political thriller squad:martin:

Element of surprise is a bytch. Plus they were out numbered.

Ebony Maw was :wow: savage.

But had they stayed true to midnight and glave's powers, movie would've ended quickly.

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
DbrjmjRVMAAhRsf.jpg

:laff::laff::laff::laff:

20qjgba.gif

W4rsSs9.png

We are Groot!

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Anybody comparing this to Empire Strikes Back or Dark Knight

is smoking Crack

This is a top -tier summer action blockbuster but not a film ..

its like the best you can do with this plot but you bring a lot of good will in to this because of the 19 other films

and it kind of becomes action figure smashing in to monsters at wakanada