The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
oh and they finally made thor look like the strongest avenger finally, hulked bytched after thanos gave him the hands in the first scene.

Had that nikka refusing to come out the whole movie :picard:

Thanos was looking prime Iron Mike

giphy.gif

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Infinity War 2 comes out in May 2019

Spiderman 2 comes out July 2019

So how the hell are they going to market Spiderman Homecoming 2 without spoiling Infinity War 2? What is that first trailer gonna look like?

Could they do some wild shyt and not release a Spiderman trailer until Infinity War 2 releases? I feel like Marvel Studios would go dark and try something crazy like that but would Sony let them?

Last edited:

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, it's a comic book flick so I'm not gonna nitpick too much but can one of ya'll please explain to me how Thanos can put the Hulk to sleep yet his punch doesn't KILL Captain America? :mjlol:
That whole moment of Cap holding back the Infinity Gauntlet was overplayed in the marketing yet was not all that significant in the movie. Not sure why it needed to be in there. He held him off for like 2 seconds to buy Wanda/Vision some time I guess? The Russos just had to make their boy look strong at least once in this movie. :manny:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most impactful death in the movie to me was Gamora. It enhanced Thanos' character because it made you realize he actually does care about something outside of his mission and it reinforced just how much he believed in what he was doing. And then it actually had an even bigger payoff in the overall plot where it becomes the reason for Quill screwing everything up.

Yeah, I thought that was really well done, but I saw it coming from a mile away. Really showed how Thanos isn't just blood-thirst, his sense of killing has a purpose (in his mind), especially when I (think) he says, "I rejected my destiny once, I won't again" before throwing Gamora over. Also, the irony of Quill screwing up his own plan:mjgrin: Thought they pulled off the fukked up Father/Daughter relationship well.

Man and everyone around me were like:picard: when all the deaths started happening. But I was like "they really rolling with the OG Infinity Gauntlet comic":mjgrin:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
oh and they finally made thor look like the strongest avenger finally, hulked bytched after thanos gave him the hands in the first scene.

Had that nikka refusing to come out the whole movie :picard:
Thor is series MVP right now and nikkas aint respecting the gawd

man faced thanos twice and lived
got burned by a star and lived
AND he drafted th Guardians like he was Lebron courting Kevin Love in 2015

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That whole moment of Cap holding back the Infinity Gauntlet was overplayed in the marketing yet was not all that significant in the movie. Not sure why it needed to be in there. He he;d him off for like 2 seconds to buy Wanda/Vision some time I guess? The Russos just had to make their boy look strong at least once in this movie. :manny:

Yeah, I never put too much stock in comic book character strength because a lot of it depends on who the writers/directors actually like than an overall consistent system. But that shyt just struck me as particularly ridiculous.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Infinity War 2 comes out in May 2019

Spiderman 2 comes out July 2019

So how the hell are they going to market Spiderman Homecoming 2 without spoiling Infinity War 2? What is that first trailer gonna look like?

Could they do some wild shyt and not release a Spiderman trailer until Infinity War 2 releases? I feel like Marvel Studios would go dark and try something crazy like that but would Sony let them?
Are the dates for Phase 4 set in stone though? I'm pretty sure they move movies around and change release dates pretty frequently.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
this was such a great movie. i'm gonna catch this again in a week or two. my only complaint was the love story between vision and scarlett and star lord flipping out at the wrong time. everything else was well done imo. the jokes and banter were funny. thor calling rocket a rabbit and groot a tree was hilarious and drax standing there for an hour had everyone in the theater dying.

thanos was so well done the more i think about it. his motivation was typical but he showed depth and a wide range of emotions. i loved it. i wish ebony maw lasted longer. he was a dope villain as well.

hated the 1st one and had zero desire to watch the 2nd one

if that was an inside joke from a previous movie my bad :manny:

:gucci:Gotg 1 is the best marvel movie imo and the kevin bacon reference was at the end of gotg 1. plus the footloose.