The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You pretty much only post in marvel threads, you’ve made claims like “I don’t know anybody who actually read dc comics” etc don’t pretend to be some impartial person when you very clearly have a preference.

Fact is you’re trying to downplay what joker did while praise thanos actions that we know for a fact don’t even matter.

The fact you launched into ad hominem instead of addressing what I posted says it all. Your posts are mad fan boyish in this thread so kettle calling the pot black.

Breh you don't want to do this. Really you don't.

Do me a favor, Search my comments about the last few Marvel movies, vs DC movies. Pull up quotes.

I praised "Wonder Woman". Praised "Black Panther". Said "GOTG Vol. 2" was largely forgettable. Said "Superman V Batman", which should've been a slam dunk to shyt on, wasn't as bad as critics made it out to be. Criticized "Thor: Ragnarok", which was a critical and commercial success.

Speaking of "TDK", I said it's the GOAT comic film up until "TWS" and "Civil War", which I still didn't put above "TDK".

Called "TDKR" and "Ironman 3" some of the worst movies I've seen in my life.

Like I said....pull up quotes. Of course you notice me posting more in Marvel threads....there's a fukk ton more Marvel movies. But to act like I'm partial to Marvel is pants-on-head retarded. I've only seen like 4-5 MCU movies in theaters. 90% of them I seen months after they're out. Again, a quick Search would confirm this.

You're a DC fan boy. Which is cool, but you aren't in a position to decide things like who is or isn't biased. There's clearly a handful of people that are Marvel fanboys, I wouldn't expect them to fairly review a DC movie, either.

Fred.

Daps
People are complaining about the humor, but I think most of it was pretty good. For the most part, it wasn't cringeworthy cheese like a Michael Bay flick. I mean, c'mon, if you ain't at least crack a smile at (paraphrasing):

Dr. Strange: What Master do you serve?

Quill: Oh, gimme a break. Who am I supposed to say? Jesus?

Eitri: You'll be taking on the force of a star. It could kill you.

Thor: You mean I could die?

Eitri: Yes.....that's what....killing you is :dahell:

And not a comedic line, but I thought one of the best well delivered lines and scene came from Thanos straight pulling Gamora's card on some: Your courage? From me. Your strength? Also mine. But I never taught you to lie :ufdup:

That's why you're so bad at it.

And I can't tell if it's trolling or not, but people really are on some, "they killed off all the black characters" shyt? :snoop:

Heimdall and Valkyrie were Asgardians. EVERYONE from Asgard died. And Heimdall did have a noble death, he was responsible for sending Hulk through the bifrost to warn the rest of The Avengers of Thanos.

So aside from two Asgardians, they murked BP, Fury, and Falcon. Okoye, War Machine, M'Baku, and Shuri all survived. 3 out of the 15+ characters that end up getting murked isn't that high of a death toll IMO.

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't understand Doctor Strange in this.

Couldn't he just go back(in time) and kill Thanos before he gets the power stone?Or kill baby Thanos? He never even used the time stone. Also cant he just jump where he wants? Why did he need Stark to turn the ship around? The Ancient One dumped him on Mt Everest and he got back when he barely knew how to use his magic. Also couldn't he have hid the stone in the dark dimension or something?

We acting like timestone is a breeze to use. during dr strange’s movie, he kinda struggles to go back and forth when he manipulates the apple. The ending scene shows the toll it would’ve taken on strange to stay in that infinite loop. Hell, thanos strains to use it to revive Vision. I don’t think they can just causally go back years and years (thanos is fukking old as well) at least until you get hella years of mastery. So I don’t think it’s a plot hole

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
2 months ago I could be found calling killmonger one of the best cbm villains of all time and black panther one of the best cbm of all time but because I’m not sucking thanos dikk for killing characters we know aren’t actually dead I’m biased :russ:

Gotta love it.

I’m perfectly fine with having this conversation after avengers 4 after how things shake out. Because he could really still do long lasting damage. But I ain’t crowning someone over a bad plot device for shock value. Because end of the day that’s all the ending was. Cheap,low hanging,lazy ass shock value.

And saying but but but the comics doesn’t hand wave away criticism no matter how badly some of you want it to. Last time I checked these are movies. Last time I checked this was billed as a complete film. Last time I checked this was supposed to be the climax of over 18 films.

Lazy shock value isn’t greatness. It was hackneyed writing in the comics and it still is now. Those deaths mean as little as the deaths in the future scenes from days of future past.

When avengers 4 comes out and we see the complete story then we can all have a real discussion. Until then fukk outta here with fanboy hyperbole.

Let the story be complete and let these films breath before making wild proclamations because you’re caught up in the moment.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I've never seen so many people stay for the post credit scenes:mjlol:

It's like everyone was in shock and disbelief and stuck around waiting for some kind of gotcha, just kidding moment or deux ex machina to change what they just watched and send them home happy...:sadcam:

But instead, Nick Fury shows up, dies, and then the screen says "Thanos will return":troll:

The gasps and unrest caused was funny as hell...:lolbron:

Little kids sitting in their 4th grade class this afternoon just depressed:mjcry:thinking about death and mortality for the first time in their young lives:mjcry:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the main people who didn’t like the film only came for Black Panther :mjlol:

But soon realized he was barely in the film.

I’m not a fan of comics, I just like the Marvel movies and have no idea the backstory to the film really besides the other character movies.

What happened at the end breh? Why was everybody disappearing?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My Mrs knows nothing about release dates and she had tears when spidey went and Gamora too.

Yeah, my girl cried when Spidey died and said she hated the movie. I was like "so you thought it was bad?" She was like "nah, but it made me feel bad. That's not why I watch these kinds of movies." Which again makes me wonder how the general audience is gonna react to this

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I don't understand Doctor Strange in this.

Couldn't he just go back(in time) and kill Thanos before he gets the power stone?Or kill baby Thanos? He never even used the time stone. Also cant he just jump where he wants? Why did he need Stark to turn the ship around? The Ancient One dumped him on Mt Everest and he got back when he barely knew how to use his magic. Also couldn't he have hid the stone in the dark dimension or something?

you also missed an important lesson from doctor strange and its what Mordo warned Steven of messing with time on a larger scale.

<<< peep at 9 minutes

beating thanos with the time stone would have been great but he also had 4 other stones while facing them.

if yall read the old 70s comic, having everyone die was all apart of the story and its what caused the avengers to win. Now that half the universe is wiped, the plan now is to find out how to restore it, which is something the infinity stones can also do.