The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Joker turned Gotham city upside down. Turned Harvey Dent, Gotham's shining knight into a villain. Made Batman make the devastating decision of choosing between saving Harvey Dent and letting the love of his life die. Put Batman at a personal crossroads. Took over crime in Gotham. And unleashed Anarchy.

See, the problem, in my opinion, why you are wowed by Thanos is a bunch of faceless people got killed. This story is empty calories. It's pretty superficial. Look, I think we look for different things in these movies. Marvel moves cut skin deep.

Nolan's Batman movies are much deeper movies. That leave you thinking afterwards. With much deeper themes. And many actors and directors would agree with these assessment.

I eat fast food from time to time. Marvel is fast food. Fills you up, but not memorable. With the exception of a few movies (Winter Soldier and Black Panther)

But Marvel has created no 5 star movie yet. Nolan did for DC.

:gucci:

Breh no offense but you're coming off like a "TDK" stan. I never said this was better than that. I said Thanos is better than The Joker and you're in here talking like Nolan's Batman movies are high cinema. They aren't. "Batman Begins" was cool and "The Dark Knight Rises" was an absolute train wreck easily as bad as anything in the MCU.

I don't get wrapped up in defending these movies like you cats do, because honestly none of them are worth it. So where I'm coming from a neutral position, a few of you cats are on some defensive shyt out the gate. Either because you put "TDK" on some kind of pedestal (I don't) or because you prefer DC (again, I don't really give a fukk about either).

Save all this "deep movie" talk for movies that actually deserve it. "TDK" is a classic but there's nothing deep or thought provoking about it.

And 99.99% of the people The Joker killed were faceless. I remember people were :ohhh:because he stabbed a random goon in the face with a pencil. :mjlol:

The only impactful death was Rachel's, if we're being real here. Who else? Gambol? Lau? Random bank robbers in the first scene? An empty hospital? The fake Gordon death?:francis:

Fred.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved how Thanos kept trolling everyone with the reality stone. :mjlol:

bruh when this nikka reversed time to snatch visions stone from his head i was like
tumblr_inline_myqtx3qqZG1qm6906.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Probably gonna piss some people off but Thanos > The Joker. :manny:

Thanos wiped out half the universe....The Joker couldn't even blow up two boats. It's like....c'mon son.

Now, if you want to argue Heath Ledger's performance as an actor was better than Josh Brolin's :yeshrug: I can't say I disagree as one was really there and one was a CGI mo-cap performance....but aside from that, nah.

Fred.
This is nonsense.

Joker killed Batman’s love,created two face and is the reason Batman hid for 20 years.

Thanos hasn’t done shyt. Characters he killed have films with release dates :dead:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which makes me wonder why Dr strange didn't do the same thing to go back and retrieve all the stones. I mean he did it in his own movie.

I think cause he knows this is the only way to beat thanos, remember thanos has like 4 of them stones his gaunlet looking ICY.

Plus im pretty sure marvel not trying to confuse half the audience by getting to time warpy or meta physical or some shyt :mjlol:

Remember he went in the future and theres only 1 way to beat thanos out of like 15 million, thats whay strange told stark it has to be this way :wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is nonsense.

Joker killed Batman’s love,created two face and is the reason Batman hid for 20 years.

Thanos hasn’t done shyt. Characters he killed have films with release dates :dead:

Breh I don't give a fukk about DC or Marvel. The same cannot be said for you, so clearly you aren't coming from an unbiased position.

The only people getting aggy about my comments either A. put the Nolan films on a pedestal or B. prefer DC. Not saying everyone else will agree with me but cats are talking like "TDK" is "2001: A Space Odyssey" or some shyt. I don't hold "TDK" in any higher regard than "The Winter Soldier" or "Black Panther". They're all comic book movies.

Fred.