The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Ok seriously I know everyone has their opinions and all that. But How sway? How is the humor considered negative? I never understood why there are so many criticisms of the humor. Especially since you should already know what it is with these movies. I’m just saying I don’t see humor as a bad thing in any movie, and the humor doesn’t take away from the serious tone of the movie. :yeshrug:
Those brehs disagree
ha4r9vd.png

Didn't bother me any though
ha4r9vd.png

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Ok seriously I know everyone has their opinions and all that. But How sway? How is the humor considered negative? I never understood why there are so many criticisms of the humor. Especially since you should already know what it is with these movies. I’m just saying I don’t see humor as a bad thing in any movie, and the humor doesn’t take away from the serious tone of the movie. :yeshrug:

It’s cuz of the “Dark Knight” bullshyt. They expect every single comic book movie to emulate da “Dark Knight”. They seriously want fukkin Spider-Man to be JUST like “Dark Knight”.

:russ:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
there's CLEARLY a thread that's stickied....and you don't think a thread would've been made for one of the biggest and most anticipated movies EVER??:dahell:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Damn, I wanted to like this movie so much...I was so excited.

That's usually how my life is though. Anything I get excited about is usually a let down.

I cant remember one time in my life where something I was excited for wasn't a let down. :mjcry:

Im not even excited for the 2nd part.
You just going to keep posting over and over about how much you didn’t like it huh? If this movie ain’t do it for you then you need to just give up on the MCU it don’t get no better than this.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Say what you will about how they stack up to the Joker but it's impressive that the MCU just delivered back to back movie-stealing villains in billion dollar properties. Both of these characters are immediately etched into a lot of peoples top 5 comic book movie villains. And we got them within 2 months of each other.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How was The Joker better?

I'm not asking which you prefer....I'm asking you, what did The Joker actually accomplish as a villain vs what Thanos accomplished. Never mind who is coming back, because most of the Avengers cast doesn't have contracts past 4.

And if we're playing the over hyped card, "TDK" is over hyped because Ledger died. And I love that movie.

Fred.

Joker turned Gotham city upside down. Turned Harvey Dent, Gotham's shining knight into a villain. Made Batman make the devastating decision of choosing between saving Harvey Dent and letting the love of his life die. Put Batman at a personal crossroads. Took over crime in Gotham. And unleashed Anarchy.

See, the problem, in my opinion, why you are wowed by Thanos is a bunch of faceless people got killed. This story is empty calories. It's pretty superficial. Lots of cool action, no real strong theme. Or emotional connection. Did anyone have any emotional connection to Vision dying? I guess, maybe Gamora dying, people cared? I didn't. Look, I think we look for different things in these movies. Marvel movies cut skin deep.

Nolan's Batman movies are much deeper movies. That leave you thinking afterwards. With much deeper themes. And many actors and directors would agree with these assessment.

I eat fast food from time to time. Marvel is fast food. Fills you up, but not memorable. With the exception of a few movies (Winter Soldier and Black Panther)

LOGAN was an excellent movie that had a great theme, with emotional pull. Marvel should take note of that movie, when Disney takes over.

But Marvel has created no 5 star meal/movie yet. Nolan created at least 1 for DC. In my opinion 2.

I'll admit I'm a DC guy. And they need to get back to what they started (Nolan, serious movies) and stop emulating Marvel. They def have work to do.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I came to the realization that they “dumbed downed” the movie a little bit when compared to the comic version. I can see why some people are disappointed but there was just no way to properly make a complete, unedited version of the Infinity Gauntlet on screen. Just too much and too heavy for it to make sense for the average viewer. Not to mention the kids that are watching as well.

Not to mention do to circumstances they don’t have necessary characters at their current disposal (no pun intended) like F4 or X-men or Namor or etc that plays a larger role in the infinity war. They are doing the best with what they have and I believe they did a great job under the circumstances

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I gotta stop you right there because whether or not people like or dislike this movie is irrelevant....I'm saying complaining about that one aspect is silly when that's how the original story goes. Cats been asking for these movies to stick to the source material for years....they nail what is probably the most the defining moment in the Infinity Gauntlet story arc....and people are talking about it's dumb to bring characters back to life. :dead:

Fred.

Yeah they literally dismissed and threw out every other aspect of the comic story, might as well change the ending too they're not following the comic anyway.

The story was almost completely different from the comics, they never gave a shyt about the actual stories from the comics.

So why now? Just to get a cheap cliffhanger that we know means nothing? It just feels empty and cheap.

Cant believe people cried :heh:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
People aren’t saying thanos is better then heath were saying thanos as a villain is better then joker

Heaths performance will never be touched but comparing villain to villain thanos wins pretty easily. Thanos wipes out half the universe just to go home and take a rest after a long day at work :wow: