The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
You just going to keep posting over and over about how much you didn’t like it huh? If this movie ain’t do it for you then you need to just give up on the MCU it don’t get no better than this.

Man, shut up.

I can post what I want.

If you don't like it ignore me.

Movie didn't do it for me and I still will fukk with the MCU...every movie cant be a classic.

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
Caught the 7 pm showing last night. Here's a spoiler free review:

THE BAD:

1. Too much humor. If you break down who is actually cracking jokes....most of the characters aren't. But the movie heavily revolves around the Guardians Of The Galaxy and Thor, who are both comic relief in the MCU. Most of the other humor comes from characters who clearly don't like each other (like Stark/Dr. Strange) and/or how odd some of the pairings are. Can't really get into that without spoilers. That stuff is fine, though.

2. A major plot point is established in this movie....but it refers to a conversation that took place in the past, which we never seen. You'll understand what I mean when you see it. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but these movies all connect so it's kinda :what: that they didn't have the foresight to actually put the conversation in a previous movie. It just comes out of left field.

3. Really weird distribution of character focus. I'd say the characters with the least screen time are Cap and Black Panther. BP I can understand since this movie was done before his movie came out....but Cap is a fan favorite and he's not given much to do here. Ironman shines, and so do new comers like Dr. Strange and Spider-Man. And (for better or worse) Guardians Of The Galaxy and Thor get a ton of screen time.

THE GOOD:

1. Listen....fukk everything I said above. Go see it for Thanos. I know I said the movie mostly focuses on Guardians Of The Galaxy and Thor....this is Thanos movie. He has the most screen time.

He is a GOAT level villain. Actually, to say he's a villain simplifies the character because his motivations and logic 100% make sense. Aside from wanting to erase half the universe you get the vibe that he might be cool to hang out with. He actually shows compassion and sorrow....there's a scene where I actually felt :mjcry:for Thanos. He isn't evil for fun, he takes no joy in what he does. He feels like he has a duty and he's going to do everything in his power to fulfill that duty.

And he has considerable power. He's a fukking threat. He doesn't crack jokes....he doesn't yell shyt like Apocalypse in that last X-Men movie....he speaks calmly, even politely. He'll tell you he respects you right before he kills you.

2. I know I focused on how funny the movie tries to be, and how that's a negative....listen man, I can almost give them a pass for that because the last 15 minutes are dark as fukk. Like, seriously dark. The theater went quiet as fukk and even afterwards there was very little chatter leaving the theater. Which is unheard of for a summer blockbuster.

Anyway, that's my spoiler free review. Peep this ASAP. I'm going again in a couple days because it's a lot of movie to digest.

Fred.
Got me more excited now but that thing about Cap not getting screen time kinda irks me tbh, was hoping for him to be shown more and a lot of Hulk action (my two favorite characters). Gonna see it tonight in IMAX, super hyped.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
shyt was epic.

But can someone explain to me how Red Skull is still alive?

He had the same experimental treatment done to him like Cap, except it messed his face up. Plus he directly touched the tesseract aka an infinity stone n it coulda affected him....sorta like how it gave Wanda n Quicksilver their powers in AOU.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I came to the realization that they “dumbed downed” the movie a little bit when compared to the comic version. I can see why some people are disappointed but there was just no way to properly make a complete, unedited version of the Infinity Gauntlet on screen. Just too much and too heavy for it to make sense for the average viewer. Not to mention the kids that are watching as well.

I'm saying this as a dude who doesn't read the comics so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But based on what someone told me about the comic book Thanos, I thought what the MCU did with his character was way more compelling. A dude who's doing evil shyt for what he believes is for the greater good of the universe is more interesting to me than a dude who's literally trying to impress death. Maybe they dumbed down other elements but as far as Thanos and his motivation they made an improvement imo.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Sooooo... we get mad at trailers for showing half the movie.. then we get mad a trailers showing stuff not in the movie... now we get mad a trailers for adding stuff to deceive us ... we just cant win as movie goers

I've come to accept that a lot of trailers nowadays are filled with misdirection and promotional scenes that won't actually be in the movie. I'm cool with it. The only thing that gets me is when they use different takes for the same dialogue in the trailer versus the movie. I mentioned it when the first trailer dropped that they were probably going to use different cuts of Thanos lines than the ones used in the trailer, cus they did the same thing for Ultron and Civil War. I liked the delivery in the trailer versions though:francis:

But all of the other shyt I'm cool with.

shyt was epic.

But can someone explain to me how Red Skull is still alive?

We never saw him die in Captain America First Avenger. Last we saw of him, he touched the space stone and was transported outta there.

It was theorized for awhile that he didn't die there.

naijaboi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NaijaToLAViaATL
what's more insulting than having an overabundance of humor is that it isn't even funny.

RDJ: "the avengers... earth's mightiest heroes"

Alien girl: "you mean like kevin bacon??"

that actually got a few laughs in my theater:what:

i don't even....:what:

You didn't watch Guardians of the Galaxy? :what:

How did you miss that reference :what:

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Man it’s time for us to come together as a family and have a dialogue about “Dark Knight” being THE most overrated comic movie of all time.

Wack fighting scenes
Heath Ledger basically being goofy for 2hrs
Shoe horning the Wack Two-Face arc
Lame ending
Fukk u POS.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I do wish that they included Mistress Death and his love for Death would've been the reason why he was killing so much. Don't so he can chill. Or was that little Gamora at the end really Death?
We still got a second movie...he could flip it in the next one and be like "I realize that I don't love life...I love....DEATH"

DUN DUN :ohhh:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Whew this shyt was fire fire wow, lemme go to the spoiler thread. So glad I ain’t spoil myself. this nikka hulk tho I ain’t neva seen that type of ass whooping for the big fella :mjcry: for those who ain’t see it when they said grand scale they meant it and the imax aspect for shooting definitely helped deliver that, glory to Bast nikkas where finally underfed, my nikka thor was looki extra godly :wow: