The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
The three times people put their feelings before the bigger picture - Wanda with Vision, Starlord with Gamora and Gamora with Nebula - had me :snoop: not because I thought it was bad writing but because they risked the fukking fate of the Universe :damn:

I didn't care for Nebula the most though, Vision dying wasn't a big hit but Nebula? Man sorry but Thanos can't get to the damn Soul stone and if the sis gotta go, she gotta go :birdman:

I legit cringed at all the Scarlet Witch/Vision scenes. Elizabeth Olsen is such a terrible actress. I was hoping they'd just kill her off :francis:

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
Thanos is about to meet the most overpowered force in the known universe.............feminism.

giphy.gif

W4rsSs9.png

We are Groot...

momma

All Star
Daps

I agree with pretty much everything she has to say about the movie regarding some of the criticisms

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The three times people put their feelings before the bigger picture - Wanda with Vision, Starlord with Gamora and Gamora with Nebula - had me :snoop: not because I thought it was bad writing but because they risked the fukking fate of the Universe :damn:

I think care for Nebula the most though, Vision dying wasn't a big hit but Nebula? Man sorry but Thanos can't get to the damn Soul stone and if the sis gotta go, she gotta go :birdman:

I think it is to illustrate the difference between them and thanos, he's willing to sacrifice whomever to achieve his goals/destiny.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The movie IS a part 1 but it holds it's own just fine just like Two Towers or Empire Strikes Back. I don't agree with the criticism at all on that front.

Comedy was the weakest part imo. Not because it had too much, at this point I expected more than the movie had so I was gladly surprised, specially for the last act. But because it was not funny at all in a lot of exchanges. The only ones that made me laugh were the Guardians and Thor.

There's a lot shyt going on but I'm so invested on the characters and story that I had no issue with it. It felt like a big epic and it was exactly that. A whole bunch of cool scenes and fights and I DID NOT see the finger snap coming.

Thanos was incredible, I didn't think a CGI character would get to me like Caesar again but damn, Brolin and the special effects department did it :wow:

I need a gif of Banner in the Hulk Buster at the end, that shyt had to be the worst CGI ever on a Marvel movie, it was so bad I couldn't help but laugh at it. He was on the backround but holy shyt was it bad :mjlol:

WHAT DID STRANGE SEE?? :damn:

Lastly, I knew the post credit had to be Captain Marvel but the nerd in me still had hope that the signal from Fury was going to say "Fantastic Four", I know that it was practically impossible but I just couldn't help it.

They would've taken the gauntlet off him but not kill him or something.

I agree power levels were all over the place as they had to adapt them to who he was facing but that's a regular issue with comics and everytime you have an overpowered dude. Maybe I've seen too much DBZ and Dragon Ball Super that I don't care much about this sorta thing if the story is compelling - and I thought it was in this movie - but him getting trapped by Stark, Strange and the rest wasn't that far fetched, Strange is powerful as fukk and the rest just followed a plan to distract him so Mantis could do her thing...and only for a bit because he was too damn powerful.

You gotta make Thanos somewhat vulnerable and even though they took some leaps in power levels, I didn't think it was that bad. in that case.

Cap being completely fine after getting punched in the face was WAY more egregious imo.

I pointed that out in my initial reaction of the movie, not to mention Cap seemed to be capable of preventing his fist from closing and Thanos had to use his other hand.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Thanos was playing it off in my opinion. He had all the Infinity Stones so he was basically a GOD. He gave Thor the “satisfaction “ of seeing him be wounded but in reality, it may as well have been a scratch.

From the depiction in the movie it appears even with the stones getting a fatal wound would end Thanos. He was on his knee thinking gawd dam, say Thor took the initiative after having him gasping for air and pulled out the axe and gave him that fatality (head off).

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I pointed that out in my initial reaction of the movie, not to mention Cap seemed to be capable of preventing his fist from closing and Thanos had to use his other hand.

Maybe Thanos was holding back and just toying with him as he had 5 of the 6 stones at that point. He was just doing it for sport and not really taking it seriously.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Dr. Strange out here playing chess. :lawd: I wonder what he saw in the future to make him give the stone up :lupe: He saw SOMETHING.

I think A4 will be the OG team's final hoorah. I don't think its a coincidence all of them survived (IM, Cap, Thor, Widow, Hulk, and likely Hawkeye)

Yeah it felt like one of those tricks they play at dance auditions. Everyone who is called to step forward thinks they are staying, but they're really the ones going home.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Carol bout to make a lot of brehs mad

3c6b2c0b67fdd2f04bca5c7d65226e9d.png

I can’t stand the character and I fukking can’t stand Brie Larson but I know I ain’t gonna be as heated as those MGTOW cacs. The dissertation they will put down regarding her and SJW is gonna be more entertaining than the Captain Marvel movie itself.:wow: