The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie IS a part 1 but it holds it's own just fine just like Two Towers or Empire Strikes Back. I don't agree with the criticism at all on that front.

Comedy was the weakest part imo. Not because it had too much, at this point I expected more than the movie had so I was gladly surprised, specially for the last act. But because it was not funny at all in a lot of exchanges. The only ones that made me laugh were the Guardians and Thor.

There's a lot shyt going on but I'm so invested on the characters and story that I had no issue with it. It felt like a big epic and it was exactly that. A whole bunch of cool scenes and fights and I DID NOT see the finger snap coming.

Thanos was incredible, I didn't think a CGI character would get to me like Caesar again but damn, Brolin and the special effects department did it :wow:

I need a gif of Banner in the Hulk Buster at the end, that shyt had to be the worst CGI ever on a Marvel movie, it was so bad I couldn't help but laugh at it. He was on the backround but holy shyt was it bad :mjlol:

WHAT DID STRANGE SEE?? :damn:

Lastly, I knew the post credit had to be Captain Marvel but the nerd in me still had hope that the signal from Fury was going to say "Fantastic Four", I know that it was practically impossible but I just couldn't help it.

They would've taken the gauntlet off him but not kill him or something.

I agree power levels were all over the place as they had to adapt them to who he was facing but that's a regular issue with comics and everytime you have an overpowered dude. Maybe I've seen too much DBZ and Dragon Ball Super that I don't care much about this sorta thing if the story is compelling - and I thought it was in this movie - but him getting trapped by Stark, Strange and the rest wasn't that far fetched, Strange is powerful as fukk and the rest just followed a plan to distract him so Mantis could do her thing...and only for a bit because he was too damn powerful.

You gotta make Thanos somewhat vulnerable and even though they took some leaps in power levels, I didn't think it was that bad. in that case.

Cap being completely fine after getting punched in the face was WAY more egregious imo.
The movie was fine . With marvel movies the power levels are nerfed :yeshrug: I liked it a 7/10 though not a 10/10 like BP, GOTG and Winter soldier definitely better than AOU

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right. I was trying to make sense of crazy. lol. There's a lot of crazy mofos who'd like to destroy half the world in real life, so his motives aren't so far-fetched. I just really enjoyed seeing a villain like Killmonger whose motives were understandable.
I thought you would bring up killmonger. :lolbron:

I love MCU killmonger as a character but hate the fact he's a villain going nutty off the last track, and they don't even make that explicitly . It just undermine's the hero's (BP) characterization overall to no overall benefit. I just like the fact that they have a villain, who knows he's seen as a villain, but feels like he's doing the "right thing". They gave him a level of depth and motivation without sacrificing the heroes motivations on the other side.

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
rs_634x939-180404133027-634-mark-ruffalo-avengers-infinity-war-poster-040418.jpg

source.gif

tenor.gif

ztf2aa.png

I am Groot!

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I agree with pretty much everything she has to say about the movie regarding some of the criticisms

I didn't like it. Her reviews are random as hell.

She low key shytted on the BP review, but in this review trying to the typical WW twist now acting like she cares about BP characters.:hhh:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Should have been called Thanos Quest. All those scenes with him were dope as hell. I would have reordered a few of the scenes. Thanos explaining his genocide plan and taking child Gamora would have been first.

By the time they actually got to his reasoning in the film action fatigue set it for me. I may not watch this again until part 2 drops.

Salute to Red a Skull on the comeback, did agent smith reprise his role? Now I can watch Cap part 1 without being pissed off.

Edit.

Why is black widow surviving all types of intergalactic shyt? :camby:

Last edited:

momma

All Star
Daps
I didn't like it. Her reviews are random as hell.

She low key shytted on the BP review, but in this review trying to the typical WW twist now acting like she cares about BP characters.:hhh:

I didn't watch any of her past reviews, I just agree with everything she said in this one :yeshrug: