The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Man, Thanos was a bytch. Yall did all this praise for him to get fukked up by Thor and snap his fingers cause he was about to lose.
I have a feeling that when they use the time stone to fix things (i assume thats how its going to happen) he will cut off thanos hand, but thanos will still say “next time aim for the head” and go to snap his fingers but wont beable to...i dunno just spit balling...

Movie was dope, but we need that part 2...gonna be a long wait..:sadcam:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Dont spoiler it but is the movie dark?:stopitslime: I hope it is:stopitslime:
Like does it feel like the avengers are in danger:ohhh:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Just came back from seeing it. My theater was dead silent in the last 7-10 minutes of the film.

Everybody cheered loud as hell when Cap showed up. I know it was going to be a cool moment, but I still didn't expect people to blow a roof off the theater when he showed up.

Red Skull cameo shocked the hell outta me. The most unexpected thing that happened in this movie to me.

Quill mocking Thor was hilarious :russ:

Strange not using the Time stone against Thanos is a huge plot hole. As everybody guessed, it's the most OP of the stones. However, Strange and Thanos one-on-one battle was lit af.

Even though I know that's basically how it ends in the comics arc, I still 1. didn't think the Russos would go through with it 2. I'm not too thrilled about it. I'm one of the few comic readers that don't love the Infinity Gauntlet story because of how it ends.

All in all. I'd say the movie was 8.5/10

I've NEVER seen a theater that quiet qalking out of a movie. Everybody was walking around like they were in mourning or some shyt. No applause or anything like that. Even in the lobby after everybody just standing around talking and wondering what the hell they just watched myself included.

I came in fresh not knowing anything about the comics and just catching the occasional comment on how the comics went. Didn't think they had the balls to go through with killing everybody like that. I was about to be pissed after Thor came through with the axe thinking they wasn't going to go through with it. I think I see why movies don't have sad endings now even though I loved it lol.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Wonderful movie:salute:
I need an Marvel version of "The Leftovers" between now and A4 to address how the leftovers are coping after half the population gets raptured :mindblown:

:gucci: at those trailers with the Hulk running with BP, CAP and them

giphy.gif

Surprised they gave War Machine and Falcon some actual lines and scenes in this:leon:
Pretty sure Shuri figured out how to save Vision before they got in, he'll wake up in A4 :smugfavre:
Is Shuri going to be BP while T'challa's gone :ohhh:
Obviously this is what happen's in the 1 version of events where the Avengers win against Thanos that Strange saw:manny:
I can see some folks saying that the deaths at the end, while shocking, are kinda cheap because once people come down off the high of the movie, they have to realize that BP and Spidey are coming back:stopitslime:
So those leaked set shots from A4 are real time:jbhmm:
Before I saw this I didn't think BP would end up making more cash than this but after I think there's a chance. The Avengers get their ass kicked thoughout the movie and half of them die. Maybe casuals are not going to want to sit though this 4 or 5 times like they did for BP because it so sad at the end:mjcry:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just left the theater, first impression/hot take reaction:

I thought the first half of the movie was brilliant 10/10. The fighting and the deaths and the interactions, the sequencing, and ol buddy from Thanos clique with the telekinesis powers. Epic. Thor and GotG: comedic gold.

I thought the 2nd half faltered a bit with the weight of juggling so many characters... including a rush job with killing off thanos's liuetnants. Also I thought Thanos was somewhat inconsistent with his power level, and some conveniences that kept him from killing characters he probably should've effortless done, esp towards the end.

And of course, you could tell they were very "conservative" with the BP cast. Didn't give them much to do or interact with. I give that 2nd half of the film a 6/10.

Overall, without giving time to process everything, it's a 8/10 flick for me. The ending was interesting.

Last edited: