The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Okay, quick write-up. Even though the movie has humor you definitely feel the stakes more than ever before. Every time they put Thanos on-screen it feels like you seriously just cannot beat this fukking guy.

I wouldn't say there are a lot of surprises, in fact, there was only one reveal/call-back that actually caught me off guard, and perhaps that is the folly of being the first of a two-parter. Because of that structure, the movie is in some way a routine, but one cannot argue against the pure quality and expertise through which they tell this story.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
All i really care about is BP. If niether him nor the BP cast have bog roles then im not gonna sweat being out of the country this weekend. Ill catch it when i come back when i feel like it

I kind of understand, that's exactly how my girl feels. I've been a fan of the whole series though so I know I'll enjoy this movie, but none of the other movies made me feel how black panther made me feel. This movie was filmed before black panther released so we didn't expect much of him in it, even though he was a bad ass in civil war.

I do believe that if the movie was made after the black panther release they would've altered the movie to give shuri and tchalla bigger roles.
:yeshrug:
Wakanda saving the day again :banderas::wow:
Just when it looks as if all hope is smothered under the heavy weight of fan expectations [and] a reported $300 million budget, it comes roaring to life with a wake-'em-up battle on the fields of Wakanda and a quietly spectacular, sobering ending.
Review: ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ is too much, but also worth talking about

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Okay, quick write-up. Even though the movie has humor you definitely feel the stakes more than ever before. Every time they put Thanos on-screen it feels like you seriously just cannot beat this fukking guy.

I wouldn't say there are a lot of surprises, in fact, there was only one reveal/call-back that actually caught me off guard, and perhaps that is the folly of being the first of a two-parter. Because of that structure, the movie is in some way a routine, but one cannot argue against the pure quality and expertise through which they tell this story.
So it’s as good as age of ultron is what you’re saying :troll:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

And this is what I was fearful of. I KNOW it's going to be good, it's in too good of hands not to be. BUT would those hands let it be GREAT.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So it’s as good as age of ultron is what you’re saying :troll:
About that actually, although the Russo's are by far the better directors, I think that Whedon for all of his follies has a better grasp on giving gravitas to characters. A lot of the characters in this end up feeling like they are just there, not even trying to give them a place in the story.

Of course they have to juggle at least twice as many characters but a lot of them operate as back noise when it feels like they could have given them more.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nah man. That's not what people were saying.

I personally had to correct multiple people saying "WTF? You can't wrap all this up in one movie!" because they thought the whole Thanos/Infinity Stones story would end with this movie, and Avengers 4 would be something entirely different. I told cats this was basically one long ass movie cut in two, regardless of what the Russos were talking about. They filmed them both at the same time, on the same locations, with the same actors....they even said yesterday they're thinking about re-releasing them both as one long movie with an intermission when both are out.

Now you got critics saying the movie is great but it feels like Part 1 of 2....which was clearly the plan all along.

Fred.
Yeah it’s pretty obvious it was done for marketing and box office purposes. Almost all those flicks that are upfront about being being part 1 make less than part 2 does.

• Dap
Reactions: hex