The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But, the movie should be "too dark" I HAVE ZERO issue with the Marvel Formula, I get it they have shareholders, and movies need to make bank. For the most part it work and in some cases it works in spite of the formula, But I really feel like the overall tone will hold this film back from greatness. I'm certain it will be entertaining. I'm certain it will be good But for 10 year build up and the way they set everything in motion, as a fan, don't you feel this had/should have had the opportunity to be the BEST superhero movie ever?

It's fine to temper expectations and everybody has their own. I just feel like greatness was missed because of a checklist and corporate playing it safe.

Breh honestly I don't know what you're talking about.

If these are spoiler free reviews you're talking about, link them up. Because aside from the "big fight in the 3rd act" which is a given in a comic movie, virtually every review I've read, even ones that are :ld: towards the movie, say it's a departure from the "Marvel formula".

If it's spoiler reviews then I'm good on that, I'm watching the movie Thursday.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just finished and in one word...

GEEEEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUS!!!

Post a spoiler free review in here if you're up to it. Or if you'd rather do one with spoilers, use the other thread.

Fred.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Hey I'm not a casual chief so get to plucking, I've read anything you have.
If im still up after this game ill get in there.
But you know what i mean.
Too many personalities for some shyt to ever be too doom and gloom.
Even if the situation is in fact...

Doom and gloom.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I don't know what you mean. You asked for examples I gave you one of an obvious joke, now you meant something else? Whatever dude.

Breh the example you used was completely in tune with the story, Quill Leader that he is gives the his team of lovable losers, a bullshyt pep talk, they see through it and are basically like WHATVER but they gonna do what heroes do despite the odds. You acting like that scene is Richard Pryor on Live on the Sunset strip kinda shyt. But fine. It's not worth arguing over. Enjoy the film :cheers:

momma

All Star
Daps
Just finished and in one word...

GEEEEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUS!!!

I'm getting a feeling from some reviews that it's kind of a big wtf-fest like TLJ was and/or filled with spectacles and moments and not exactly a story.

Also a common complaint I've heard is it's obviously a part 1, and that it was "too much"

Any truth to these?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Breh the example you used was completely in tune with the story, Quill Leader that he is gives the his team of lovable losers, a bullshyt pep talk, they see through it and are basically like WHATVER but they gonna do what heroes do despite the odds. You acting like that scene is Richard Pryor on Live on the Sunset strip kinda shyt. But fine. It's not worth arguing over. Enjoy the film :cheers:

Cool and thanks for explaining the panels to me. :beli:
If you couldn't tell that was a joke. lol

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm getting a feeling from some reviews that it's kind of a big wtf-fest like TLJ was and/or filled with spectacles and moments and not exactly a story.

Also a common complaint I've heard is it's obviously a part 1, and that it was "too much"

Any truth to these?
:picard: I hope this is nothing like tlj that movie was terrible.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Don’t bother they always play dumb like they can’t tell the difference between situational humour that plays natural and forced quips and over bearing humour that feels like it was crammed in on the 5th rewrite.

There’s nothing wrong with humour when it’s used properly. But a lot of these marvel films go OD that make rewatches unbearably corny. The fear is valid.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Seeing this on Thursday :ehh:

I’m not expecting a classic but I’d be satisfied with a bombastic 7/10. Anything more I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Reviews seem to point to that’s what it is but we’ll see.

I prefer smaller solo stories to big team ups.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Don’t bother they always play dumb like they can’t tell the difference between situational humour that plays natural and forced quips and over bearing humour that feels like it was crammed in on the 5th rewrite.

There’s nothing wrong with humour when it’s used properly. But a lot of these marvel films go OD that make rewatches unbearably corny. The fear is valid.
If you mean forced quips say forced quips. The guy your quoting wanted no jokes/laughter. "The time for levity has passed." :manny: