The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Seeing a lot of B's and B+s:patrice:

In reading many of the reviews, it looks like my fears on the overall tone of the movie have been confirmed. I'm not against jokes and laughter, but it's infinity WAR, the time for levity has passed. Even in comics characters don't make light of a situation this dire. I"m certain they have nailed the spectacle though, so I'm sure it's going to be at the very least a competent pop corn film. Was just hoping for something iconic.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sfR1eJw.png

Probably gonna settle around 85% and 7.5/10, give or take a few percentage/decimal points.

Reading some of the non spolier reviews, I think its going to be around 75-80. The main complaints seem to revolve around too many characters and a lot going on (which I expected). It's ironic since this one seems to break the marvel mold (what folks wanted) but is going to be less critically received.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
In reading many of the reviews, it looks like my fears on the overall tone of the movie have been confirmed. I'm not against jokes and laughter, but it's infinity WAR, the time for levity has passed. Even in comics characters don't make light of a situation this dire. I"m certain they have nailed the spectacle though, so I'm sure it's going to be at the very least a competent pop corn film. Was just hoping for something iconic.

Yes they do. :hhh:
It's OK to say you would rather something else but don't make up shyt to try and strengthen your point.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
It's OK to say you would rather something else but don't make up shyt to try and strengthen your point.

Not end of the world level shyt they don't. Even in the actual Infinity Gauntlet comic Spidey who is the only kinda quasi comic relief character in it says some shyt, jokingly(only for the thought bubble to basically reveal he was shook himself) In Fear Itself Spider-man basically says fukk this, lets spend the remaining time we have with family. If you have proof of marvel showing characters casually laughing during a galactic level event please share them. This ain't no goofy ass Spider Island type shyt. We're talking Annihilation type shyt.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Reading some of the non spolier reviews, I think its going to be around 75-80. The main complaints seem to revolve around too many characters and a lot going on (which I expected). It's ironic since this one seems to break the marvel mold (what folks wanted) but is going to be less critically received.
Percentages don’t usually drop that much after the first batch of reviews. It’s around 90 right now with 60+ review sample size and a consensus so at worst it’ll hit mid to low 80s around GotG 2. No way it goes into the mid 70s.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Percentages don’t usually drop that much after the first batch of reviews. It’s around 90 right now with 60+ review sample size and a consensus so at worst it’ll hit mid to low 80s around GotG 2. No way it goes into the mid 70s.
:ehh: I'm just anticipating a lot more reviews due to the hype with this one.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Not sure what reviews you've been reading or watching....I've checked a gang of them and virtually none mention humor, unless it's in relation to releasing some tension because otherwise the movie would be too dark.

Mind you, I'm only checking for non-spoiler reviews though.

Fred.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
ima have to start diggin in the files and start pluckin out comic panels of these events.
there is ALWAYS humor.

ALWAYS!

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Not sure what reviews you've been reading or watching....I've checked a gang of them and virtually none mention humor, unless it's in relation to releasing some tension because otherwise the movie would be too dark.

Mind you, I'm only checking for non-spoiler reviews though.

Fred.

But, the movie should be "too dark" I HAVE ZERO issue with the Marvel Formula, I get it they have shareholders, and movies need to make bank. For the most part it work and in some cases it works in spite of the formula, But I really feel like the overall tone will hold this film back from greatness. I'm certain it will be entertaining. I'm certain it will be good But for 10 year build up and the way they set everything in motion, as a fan, don't you feel this had/should have had the opportunity to be the BEST superhero movie ever?

It's fine to temper expectations and everybody has their own. I just feel like greatness was missed because of a checklist and corporate playing it safe.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not end of the world level shyt they don't. Even in the actual Infinity Gauntlet comic Spidey who is the only kinda quasi comic relief character in it says some shyt, jokingly(only for the thought bubble to basically reveal he was shook himself) In Fear Itself Spider-man basically says fukk this, lets spend the remaining time we have with family. If you have proof of marvel showing characters casually laughing during a galactic level event please share them. This ain't no goofy ass Spider Island type shyt. We're talking Annihilation type shyt.
CSS1UmI.jpg

:francis: