The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That's really not a good excuse when we all know Uncle Ben is the catalyst that made him Spider-man. They could've had Uncle Ben speaking instead of Iron Man :scust: during that scene where Spidey was stuck under the rubble which is one of the most defining moments of Spidey in the comics and they make it like Tony is his biggest inspiration to be Spider-man. That scene always rubs me the wrong way just off that fact alone.
That would have just been weird to have a character not mentioned be the inspiration. :yeshrug:
And let's not underplay how loud the advice was not to have Uncle Ben in this.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Word? Why'd you see it that way? Cause I didn't take it that way at all. I saw it as Peter just remembering the thing Tony told him about the suit and that the being spider-man is about a lot more than the spider-man suit. That's not something Ben would've ever told him or been in a position to tell him. Definitely didn't take it that Tony is his biggest inspiration to be Spider-Man at all
I mean he's literally staring death in the face and he thinks of Tony Stark for inspiration instead of his Uncle the man who inspired him to be Spider-man.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
That would have just been weird to have a character not mentioned be the inspiration. :yeshrug:
And let's not underplay how loud the advice was not to have Uncle Ben in this.
That's the problem when you try to undermine the literal determining character in Peter's development I'm not saying dedicate significant time to him but they could've at least mentioned him in Homecoming.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean he's literally staring death in the face and he thinks of Tony Stark for inspiration instead of his Uncle the man who inspired him to be Spider-man.

I can see that. But I think it’s more what I said and less that. It’s him remembering that very specific idea and advice. Peter said the suit was all he had. And in that suit he would’ve been able to easily get out of that jam. Very easily. But he needed to prove he could to it without it. So I think it’s more compartmentalized than that. Less to do with why he’s Spider-Man and more to do with that specific instance.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's the problem when you try to undermine the literal determining character in Peter's development I'm not saying dedicate significant time to him but they could've at least mentioned him in Homecoming.
I can say it is weird to not even mention him by name:patrice:You don't need any flashbacks or anything but it's like they're intentionally ignoring his existence.
I guess I read enough Spider-Man where it doesn’t bother me. He doesn’t mention him in every issue and definitely doesn’t mention him any time he’s in a jam. It’s just understood. When he made the choice to defeat Ock at the cost of losing his business and all of his money and status, he didn’t mention it’s what Ben would want him to do; it was understood he’d been raised the right way by his aunt and uncle to make that choice. Even if it sucked and was a hard one to make.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I guess I read enough Spider-Man where it doesn’t bother me. He doesn’t mention him in every issue and definitely doesn’t mention him any time he’s in a jam. It’s just understood. When he made the choice to defeat Ock at the cost of losing his business and all of his money and status, he didn’t mention it’s what Ben would want him to do; it was understood he’d been raised the right way by his aunt and uncle to make that choice. Even if it sucked and was a hard one to make.
I get that and am completely fine with him not saying anything for the rest of this franchise. Just it is a new Spiderman once again and even if it's just a quick 1 minute conversation it wouldn't hurt the film in anyway to simply mention Uncle Ben like speaking with Aunt May.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I get that and am completely fine with him not saying anything for the rest of this franchise. Just it is a new Spiderman once again and even if it's just a quick 1 minute conversation it wouldn't hurt the film in anyway to simply mention Uncle Ben like speaking with Aunt May.

I think the point was to stay as far away from that as possible. Your point makes complete sense. But on the business side, it’s the third Spider-Man since 02 and there were elements they wanted to do without in order to let his characterization stand on its own while also not bring it down.

That said, I do believe Jon watts said they did have an uncle Ben mention but it didn’t mesh tonally with what they were doing and what they had going. If I can find the link I’ll post it

Edit: found it https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ci...er-man-homecoming-almost-referenced-uncle-ben

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man.....Thanos gon fukk these nikkas up

I heard that's the official title of Avengers 4.
7rqhDk7.gif

Fred.