The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It's basically confirmed that Cap is gone and Avengers 4 and RDJ just confirmed he's finished as well. So who is gonna be the face of the MCU going forward? Black Panther? Spiderman? Are they keeping Thor going? :hhh:.
Should be Spider-Man, he need to bounce back big with that sequel if he wants the throne though.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Homecoming was a critical success my guy :francis:
I was referring to the story if anything else. I thought Holland did a great job bringing life to the Spidey we all know and love and Keaton killed it as the Vulture, but something about the story continuously irks me with every rewatch.

Uncle Ben plays a big part in his character and he was nowhere to be found. Instead we get Tony Stark, Tony Stark, Tony Stark, and once again Tony Stark all throughout the film.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I was referring to the story if anything else. I thought Holland did a great job bringing life to the Spidey we all know and love and Keaton killed it as the Vulture, but something about the story continuously irks me with every rewatch.

Uncle Ben plays a big part in his character and he was nowhere to be found. Instead we get Tony Stark, Tony Stark, Tony Stark, and once again Tony Stark all throughout the film.
Most are tired of the Uncle Ben storyline man. They went the right route.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

man, that scene in the car. you could hear a mouse piss on cotton in the flix.
:whew:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
People are acting like Uncle Ben didn't have only like 10 minutes of screen time total in the last 5 spider man movies. He's not that necessary to be a big part of every story.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yeah it's cool that they went another route, but they could have at least mentioned his name once.

People are acting like Uncle Ben didn't have only like 10 minutes of screen time total in the last 5 spider man movies. He's not that necessary to be a big part of every story.
He's Peter's biggest influence in the comics. Integrating another hero in Parker's development this early just rubs me the wrong way. The fact that we're this far in the MCU though makes me overlook it though.

man, that scene in the car. you could hear a mouse piss on cotton in the flix.
:whew:
Best scene in the film. Had me hitting the rewind button on my air remote in theater.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
just followed your page and going through it now. good stuff.

Good looks man. We haven’t put in as much work as we should’ve this year but I’m hoping we ramp it up starting this month. Anything written by Marcus Benjamin is mine

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah it's cool that they went another route, but they could have at least mentioned his name once.

He's Peter's biggest influence in the comics. Integrating another hero in Parker's development this early just rubs me the wrong way. The fact that we're this far in the MCU though makes me overlook it though.

Best scene in the film. Had me hitting the rewind button on my air remote in theater.

I don’t think it overlooks Ben. Peter has had plenty of mentors in the comics to fill that void for him. Dr connors being chief among them and also Tony. But Tony being a mentor to a teenager makes a lot more sense than being a mentor to a grown ass man with a wife and bills. It doesn’t mean Ben isn’t important nor does it mean this peter has forgotten what Ben taught him. You don’t need to see Ben in the story to know his influence is there.

The speech he gave Tony in civil war, the choice peter made in the 3rd of homecoming regarding culture and the choice he made regarding taking care of Queens. Those are all because of bens influence.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
That's really not a good excuse when we all know Uncle Ben is the catalyst that made him Spider-man. They could've had Uncle Ben speaking instead of Iron Man :scust: during that scene where Spidey was stuck under the rubble which is one of the most defining moments of Spidey in the comics and they make it like Tony is his biggest inspiration to be Spider-man. That scene always rubs me the wrong way just off that fact alone.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's really not a good excuse when we all know Uncle Ben is the catalyst that made him Spider-man. They could've had Uncle Ben speaking instead of Iron Man :scust: during that scene where Spidey was stuck under the rubble which is one of the most defining moments of Spidey in the comics and they make it like Tony is his biggest inspiration to be Spider-man. That scene always rubs me the wrong way just off that fact alone.

Word? Why'd you see it that way? Cause I didn't take it that way at all. I saw it as Peter just remembering the thing Tony told him about the suit and that the being spider-man is about a lot more than the spider-man suit. That's not something Ben would've ever told him or been in a position to tell him. Definitely didn't take it that Tony is his biggest inspiration to be Spider-Man at all