The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Film didn't serve a purpose.

Nah I can't agree. I didn't like "AOU" at all but:

1. First time the Avengers acknowledged the Infinity Stones.
2. First time Wakanda was referenced.
3. First appearance of Black Panther villain Klaw, which set up that movie.
4. First appearance of Vision, who obviously plays a key role in "Infinity War".
5. The events lead directly to "Civil War".

I'd say the main problem with "AOU" is it served too much of a purpose, plot-wise. They crammed so much shyt into the movie setting up the next Phase the movie itself suffered.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are they sold out yet?

Im looking for some atmos

No idea breh, one of my homeboys copped them on the first day. A couple of us are going so we just told each other whoever sees them available cop them ASAP.

Fred.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

4. First appearance of Vision, who obviously plays a key role in "Infinity War".

I'd say the main problem with "AOU" is it served too much of a purpose, plot-wise. They crammed so much shyt into the movie setting up the next Phase the movie itself suffered.

Fred.
You for got..

6. It made Whedon tap out, when led to the Russo Brothers directing Avengers 3 and 4 :blessed:

Whedon was too ambitious. He had enough material to cut a 4 hour film. It could've been 2 parts but obviously an AOU part 2 would've fukked up the timeline. Whedon was forced to cut a lot down.

And even with all the drama with bringing this to the masses, it still was entertaining and both Whedon's movies made over 1 billion world wide comfortably.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just watched Avengers. in the iconic circular shot of all of them she's standing there holding a pistol.

seriously, if they get pressured into truly making the Widow movie, Hawkeye needs to be the co-star. Let her get the origina story first act, then just pair her with Hawkeye and some other Shield Agent we haven't seen yet who actually does cool shyt. A "low-key spy thriller" starring Black Widow doesn't sound "cool," if it's a spy thriller starring her, Hawkeye and 3rd character everyone will end up liking most, plus a really good villain who isn't just Bad Black Widow and some great post credit scenes? ok, fair enough, you can waste our time for 2 months with that movie.

Nah man its too late for that. She already paired in the cap movies and unless she gets some godly upgrade in the comics im not aware of she should just be demoted to the AOS show as the director

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Nah man its too late for that. She already paired in the cap movies and unless she gets some godly upgrade in the comics im not aware of she should just be demoted to the AOS show as the director
obviously Scarlett isn't gonna slum on AOS. I'm hoping they are waiting for the "female empowerment" craze to die down a bit, and announce that all female movie with Valkyrie and shyt before they officially announce Black Widow. That movie should never happen. yeah, it has a screenwriter, but i'm sure they have 50 scripts of movies that ultimately won't come out in pre-production/paid for already

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
OK .. i know why Banner is in the Hulkbuster ..
As per Thor Raknorok .. He was Hulk for 2 years straight and he said if he becomes the Hulk again he might not be able to turn back to Banner

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

Your right it did try to do too much. It felt like 10 important after credit scenes with a typical minion battle at the end

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm:

I don't think they'll kill off loki that quick, you think? *other's voice* "you think you know pain":demonic:

I think Gamora's narration about Thanos is her talking to Thor on the guardian's ship.:lupe:

Just forgot, they gave us this trailer and we still didn't see the thanosthrowingthemoonshot in the trailer:ooh::ohlawd:

:manny:

I'd say it's definitely a possibility for a few reasons.

1. The Russos said Thanos will immediately establish himself as a major threat early in the movie. What better way than to kill off an important (but not major) character like Loki?
2. What purpose does Loki serve at this point? Asgard is gone and outside of the first Avengers movie he's never shown any real interest in Earth. Which brings me to #3....
3. Thanos (or the Black Order) killing him would complete Loki's character arc that started in the first "Avengers" movie.
4. Like @Return of the Jedi said we've seen every other major MCU character in multiple scenes, except Loki. Literally the only scene he's in, is on board the Asgardian ship with Thanos and the Black Order.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:manny:

I'd say it's definitely a possibility for a few reasons.

1. The Russos said Thanos will immediately establish himself as a major threat early in the movie. What better way than to kill off an important (but not major) character like Loki?
2. What purpose does Loki serve at this point? Asgard is gone and outside of the first Avengers movie he's never shown any real interest in Earth. Which brings me to #3....
3. Thanos (or the Black Order) killing him would complete Loki's character arc that started in the first "Avengers" movie.
4. Like @Return of the Jedi said we've seen every other major MCU character in multiple scenes, except Loki. Literally the only scene he's in, is on board the Asgardian ship with Thanos and the Black Order.

Fred.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure Loki dies early.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Spoilers were just revealed on Twitter on the two characters who get the most screen time..one is very obvious of course.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah, I’m pretty sure Loki dies early.
Loki was like Thanos whipping boy in the comic version...

I'l say this again...Silver Surfer is the HUGE OMISSION in this movie despite the big cliffhanger with Cap and Thanos. And someone else is missing that would be a huge scene stealer