The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
So the Hulk retreats inside of Banner?
giphy.gif

I guess they have some kind of psychological negotiations and meet each other halfway?

All this time I've been thinking it was the other way around, but maybe it's the Hulk who doesn't want to come out?Muthafukka!:ohhh:

Mark and Kevin did say Hulk has a 3 movie arc... at the end of Avengers .. hulk and Banner are separate ....

Apparently Mark Ruffalo And Kevin Feige Have Planned A Special Trilogy For The Hulk

Because of certain rights issues, Marvel Studios can't utilize The Hulk in the same way that they can most Marvel Cinematic Universe heroes. Solo movies are pretty much a no-go at this point, and he can basically only appear in features where he's not a titular character. This isn't stopping Mark Ruffalo and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige from sculpting a special Hulk trilogy, however, as the actor recently revealed to me that there is a very specific arc for the character built into Thor: Ragnarok, The Avengers: Infinity War, and the untitled Avengers 4. Said Ruffalo,

So basically, Kevin [Feige] pulled me aside before this, and said, 'If you were gonna do a... if we were going to do a standalone Hulk movie, what would it be?' And I said, 'I think it should be this, this, this, and this and this, and ends up like this.' And he's like, 'I love that. Why don't we do that in the next three movies, starting with Thor 3 and then we go into Avengers 3 and 4.' And I was like, 'That sounds great!' And so we are at the beginning of this arc.

Fans haven't seen The Incredible Hulk on the big screen since 2015's The Avengers: Age of Ultron, but in the next two years we will be getting a mega-dose of the monstrous hero across three different titles. It offers the franchise a special opportunity with the sparsely-used character, and Mark Ruffalo and the studio are capitalizing on it with a specific and designed arc.

I spoke with Mark Ruffalo yesterday during the Los Angeles press junket for Thor: Ragnarok, and it was part of a conversation about Hulk's evolution that sparked his answer about the planned future for the hero. Specifically, I asked Ruffalo about how Hulk actually speaks more than just a few words in the new film, and he explained that it is a key part of the aforementioned special trilogy and the change that the character will undergo. The actor continued,

Hulk speaking is the start to separating of these two individuals, these identities in this split-identity person, and where that's going to end up going. So it was really interesting to me. He's like a baby! He's like a five year old or six year old. So he has the same syntax, he has the same world view, and so it was fun. It's like Chris [Hemsworth] - we all got to reinvent our characters in this.

When it comes to blockbuster movies, Hulk has always been a challenging character to adapt, as there is the constant tussle between the human story and the monster-filled action. Maintaining this balance has proved much easier when he's in a supporting role, but that just makes his parts in Thor: Ragnarok, The Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 that much more exciting. Hulk has been a highlight of both previous Avengers titles because as a hero without a solo trilogy of his own Joss Whedon and the studio knew to highlight him -- and it sounds like that same mindset is driving something special for Bruce Banner and his inner monster in the near future.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Ain't nobody even thinking about that dumbass rampage movie!!!!!!
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: GTFOH with that weak shyt...
you know whats fukked up is, i hate the arcade game!
:francis:
shyt was a struggle tryna latch onto a building.
:beli:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They keep trying to give the Rock these solo carried action adventure movie's like it's still the 1990's. :mjlol:

The Arnold/Sylvester action movie formula doesn't work anymore. Millennial's need either extensive lore or nostalgia in their movies(IE Harry Potter or Starwars) . You can't just pull something out your ass written by some unknown screenwriter and expect us to be interested because somebody famous is in it.

B bu bu, it has monsters and spaceships and magic just like your favorite most popular films.
:camby:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What are the odds of this makimg less in the box office than Black Panther?

I'd say slim to none as BP and Wakanda also features heavily in "Infinity War"....plus every Avenger (and who knows who else they're gonna add) not to mention Thanos, who has been teased on screen for 10 years.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
why do you assume that?
Historical Precedence would be an easy answer. The Avengers movies usually outsell the solo ones. Seems kinda ignorant to ask that question to be honest.
All they have to do is market black panther's involvement heavily in their upcoming promotions(which they will) and they stand to get the same audience from that movie as well as the traditional audience from the avengers films. (obviously there is some crossover for fans of both who watched both).

What you really meant to say was that you're skeptical. You aren't really clueless as to why someone would make that assumption.