The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
I'd say slim to none as BP and Wakanda also features heavily in "Infinity War"....plus every Avenger (and who knows who else they're gonna add) not to mention Thanos, who has been teased on screen for 10 years.

Fred.

Simply having multpile Characters along with Thanos wont allow this movie to beat BP.

BP is on top because people are seeing it multiple times.

I can see the movie getting a huge first two weeks but falling off because people wont be coming back.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Dont act like black people will go see this because its marketed to us...thats ignorant

We went to see BP because of the positive black elements being displayed - dont be "ignorant" and assume this movie will have that because Wakanda is on the screen.

Totally different director that may showchase Wakanda differently

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Winnie Da Pooh getting the push, and we ain't got a 2nd trailer :wtf: fukk is going on at the house of mouse :dahell:

Why are these two fruits getting a trailer?

we just seen the flying white British lady :damn: give us the damn trailer.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Dont act like black people will go see this because its marketed to us...thats ignorant

We went to see BP because of the positive black elements being displayed - dont be "ignorant" and assume this movie will have that because Wakanda is on the screen.

so what kind of numbers do you expect Avengers 3 to Do?

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
What are the odds of this makimg less in the box office than Black Panther?
Super unlikely. Marvel fumbled the roll-out for Avengers 2 thinking the juice of the MCU was all they needed to shut down the box office. Obviously, it did colossal numbers, but falling short of the first wasn't on anyones radar. The big problem with the 2nd's rollout is that the most successful and best movies of Phase 2 (Winter Soldier and Guardians) had issues as lead-ins for AoU. Winter Soldier came out 13 months before AoU, and then Guardians not being a part of AoU came as a major letdown. IM3 and The Dark World were huge letdowns after Avengers. They had very little to excite the fans of the universe as a whole, and were very isolated stories after the high of Avengers.

Winter Soldier fixed all of this, AND had the added benefit of the Agents of Shield story tying in at the same time. If AoU comes out Summer 2014 is probably does numbers better than Avengers.

But instead it's a whole 13 months, then everyone falling in love with Guardians and finding out that they're on the outside looking in.

This time, after four years the Guardians are in, SPIDERMAN is in, Thor finally had a fire movie that left off in a moment that leads directly into A3, and BP might wind up being the biggest solo film in the series, and plays host to what appears to be the climactic battle of this movie. They messed up the rollout for AoU but the set-up for A3 has been better than we could have imagined.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Super unlikely. Marvel fumbled the roll-out for Avengers 2 thinking the juice of the MCU was all they needed to shut down the box office. Obviously, it did colossal numbers, but falling short of the first wasn't on anyones radar. The big problem with the 2nd's rollout is that the most successful and best movies of Phase 2 (Winter Soldier and Guardians) had issues as lead-ins for AoU. Winter Soldier came out 13 months before AoU, and then Guardians not being a part of AoU came as a major letdown. IM3 and The Dark World were huge letdowns after Avengers. They had very little to excite the fans of the universe as a whole, and were very isolated stories after the high of Avengers.

Winter Soldier fixed all of this, AND had the added benefit of the Agents of Shield story tying in at the same time. If AoU comes out Summer 2014 is probably does numbers better than Avengers.

But instead it's a whole 13 months, then everyone falling in love with Guardians and finding out that they're on the outside looking in.

This time, after four years the Guardians are in, SPIDERMAN is in, Thor finally had a fire movie that left off in a moment that leads directly into A3, and BP might wind up being the biggest solo film in the series, and plays host to what appears to be the climactic battle of this movie. They messed up the rollout for AoU but the set-up for A3 has been better than we could have imagined.

Thanks for this..

I see the potential of the film now.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Simply having multpile Characters along with Thanos wont allow this movie to beat BP.

BP is on top because people are seeing it multiple times.

I can see the movie getting a huge first two weeks but falling off because people wont be coming back.

Dont know honestly...

The general answers being given here doesnt allow me to think this movie would beat BP

Has nothing to do with black people specifically, the fact of the matter is this monster blockbuster ("BP") features heavily (with characters and settings) in "IW". This has never happened before in the MCU.

To put it into perspective, the lead in for "Avengers" was "Captain America", which did $370 million. The lead in for "Age Of Ultron" was "GOTG", which did $774 million.

The lead in for "IW" is likely to do $1.4 billion. "The Avengers" without a big lead in did $1.5 billion. "Age Of Ultron" did $1.4 billion.

No offense but it's naive as hell to think the good will, critical acclaim, and box office of "BP" aren't going to feed into the success of "IW". Especially when the two are linked like I said.

Fred.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Has nothing to do with black people specifically, the fact of the matter is this monster blockbuster ("BP") features heavily (with characters and settings) in "IW". This has never happened before in the MCU.

To put it into perspective, the lead in for "Avengers" was "Captain America", which did $370 million. The lead in for "Age Of Ultron" was "GOTG", which did $774 million.

The lead in for "IW" is likely to do $1.4 billion. "The Avengers" without a big lead in did $1.5 billion. "Age Of Ultron" did $1.4 billion.

No offense but it's naive as hell to think the good will, critical acclaim, and box office of "BP" aren't going to feed into the success of "IW". Especially when the two are linked like I said.

Fred.

I never denied that BP's appeal wont tie into the movie - but again - simply having appeal and being "heavily marketed" to blacks wont bring the entire black community out.

My parents and people that I know that would never go see a comic movie, saw BP. I highly doubt they will go see IW simply because BP and Wakanda gets some screen time.

A better question would be: Will BP2 be bigger than BP?

....because im willing to bet IW doesnt beat BP

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

Yea, not sure what he's talking about. The hype for this has been years, BP going over (box office) estimates doesn't change that.